great place to find dvda audio discs

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
Wow! Never knew Bob had such a nice rack.. Must be all the ganja he was smokin :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Wow! Never knew Bob had such a nice rack.. Must be all the ganja he was smokin :)
Sorry, had to take the rack out. Didn't get a chance to listen to that one last night. Hopefully will be able to after work.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Got some in the mail. Man these cases are beautiful! I just had to share.:D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I am a little disappointed with the audio on the Bob Marley and the Wailers disc. Reviews said the audio was good, but it is pretty bad. The tracks are great, but the bass is WAAAAAY overboosted. Yes, that's a signature of Rasta, but it is actually annoying on this one.

Really liking Blue Man Group Audio disc a lot.

I have the Stevie Ray Vaughn Texas Flood Limited Edition and it is very good. Stereo only.

I have Bjork Vespertine DVD-A - audio is excellent, but that particular album is not a favorite of mine. I blind bought it because I love her, but that album is not among her best work.

A MUST HAVE on SACD, and still reasonably priced is the obvious go to disc: Amazon.com: The Dark Side of the Moon: 30th Anniversary Edition: Pink Floyd: Music

Geno

Geno

Senior Audioholic
Check out the AIX Records website. They've been an advocate of DVD-A and other hi-rez formats for a long time. I think they've switched to BluRay lately, since the other multichannel formats have been largely abandoned.:confused:

Last edited:
macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
Check out the AIX Records website. They've been an advocate of DVD-A and other hi-rez formats for a long time. I think they've switched to BluRay lately, since the other multichannel formats have been largely abandoned.:confused:
I bought a couple of DVD-A's from mark at RMAF nice guy and he through in some freebies.
Cheers, Mac

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
I am a little disappointed with the audio on the Bob Marley and the Wailers disc. Reviews said the audio was good, but it is pretty bad. The tracks are great, but the bass is WAAAAAY overboosted. Yes, that's a signature of Rasta, but it is actually annoying on this one.

Really liking Blue Man Group Audio disc a lot.

I have the Stevie Ray Vaughn Texas Flood Limited Edition and it is very good. Stereo only.

I have Bjork Vespertine DVD-A - audio is excellent, but that particular album is not a favorite of mine. I blind bought it because I love her, but that album is not among her best work.

A MUST HAVE on SACD, and still reasonably priced is the obvious go to disc: Amazon.com: The Dark Side of the Moon: 30th Anniversary Edition: Pink Floyd: Music
I think that's just a 'thing' w/ the Marley remasters, in general. They're all a bit bloated.

DJ

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Recent stash:

+
Dual Disc:

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
What do you think of Love? I have it, and while the sound is great, the "bits and pieces" nature of the mixed-for-the-stage-show is a bit strange.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
What do you think of Love? I have it, and while the sound is great, the "bits and pieces" nature of the mixed-for-the-stage-show is a bit strange.
I'm still waiting on getting a used Oppo 980, which I can't seem to get.:(

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Well I got the Oppo 980 in Nov. after waiting a couple of weeks. It was not the sellers fault I bought it a couple of days before Sandy happened, so it took a while. I was going through some of my SACD/DTS/CD's and some were ruined(layer eaten away:(). Diana Krall - The Look Of Love and Concord Jazz SACD Sampler Vol 2 didn't survive. Diana Krall - When I look In Your Eyes, Beatles - Love, Jane Monheit - Come Dream With Me, Sheryl Crow - The Globe Sessions and Seal IV is what I found so far in great shape. I still have go through 2 more bins to see If the other survived. I'm hoping to hook up the Oppo next week. Edit: Weird I see I posted last here on the day Sandy happened.:(

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Crazy that you posted on that day...
Yeah it was noon when I posted and it happened at 7:30 that night. I found all the other DTS DVD and they all survived.:) Found the Nora Jones SACD but that was ruined though. I would have thought the SACD would have survived, but I guess the coating on the DTS is better. I'm going to re-buy them.

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
Well I got the Oppo 980 in Nov. after waiting a couple of weeks. It was not the sellers fault I bought it a couple of days before Sandy happened, so it took a while. I was going through some of my SACD/DTS/CD's and some were ruined(layer eaten away:(). Diana Krall - The Look Of Love and Concord Jazz SACD Sampler Vol 2 didn't survive. Diana Krall - When I look In Your Eyes, Beatles - Love, Jane Monheit - Come Dream With Me, Sheryl Crow - The Globe Sessions and Seal IV is what I found so far in great shape. I still have go through 2 more bins to see If the other survived. I'm hoping to hook up the Oppo next week. Edit: Weird I see I posted last here on the day Sandy happened.:(
Dude, that straight up sucks. I'm really sorry to hear that. It's always been my biggest fear to lose my sanctuary. I really don't know where I'd be.

DJ

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
There are a lot of things I can lose and live without, but my music isn't one of them.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
[h=1]XRCD Audiophile Master you guys ever try this format?[/h]

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I can't say that I have. Looking it up, it sounds relatively similar to HDCD. HDCD was a slight improvement over standard redbook, but not as good as some of the best SACDs. Then again, I have redbook CDs that sound pretty darn good also.

Elusive has a couple of interesting titles on sale, so I may try one or two out.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis