grain boundary effects measurements

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
This is very true as would I but isn't a double blind test a test of subjective experience or does one do a DBT with an objective reality measuring oscilloscope stuck into one's ear?
Your question makes little sense, can you expand on what your goal is here? You could use lampcord easily enough, too. If your subjective experience is placebo based, hard to share that....

B

BernardIE5317

Audiophyte
I shall explain. The previous gentleman insisted on "objective reality" but now he insists on "subjective reality". Never mind that it is double blind. It is still a "subjective reality". What would I use the lamp cord for? For speaker wire? Surely you're joking.
If your subjective experience is placebo based ...
If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I shall explain. The previous gentleman insisted on "objective reality" but now he insists on "subjective reality". Never mind that it is double blind. It is still a "subjective reality". What would I use the lamp cord for? For speaker wire? Surely you're joking.

If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas.
LOL you're funny. That you consider lamp cord insufficient for a loudspeaker just confirms you have no clue. You may well hear a difference and you should demonstrate that, at one point you could claim a million bucks if you could. No one ever did.

Speedskater

Speedskater

Audioholic General
a DBT can be objective or subjective.
a] Objective - is there an audible difference between A and B?
if an audible difference is shown, then:
b] Subjective - do you prefer A or B?

Obviously, if no Objective difference is shown, you can't have a sound preference.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
This is very true as would I but isn't a double blind test a test of subjective experience or does one do a DBT with an objective reality measuring oscilloscope stuck into one's ear?
What are you replying to..? This doesn't even make sense if it's a reply to my post...

Of course it's subjective. Who said it wasn't? Why are you talking about sticking oscilloscopes in your ears?

B

BernardIE5317

Audiophyte
As for lamp cord I instead insist that my cables be cryogenically treated with continuous virtual time crystals in a quasi-hyper quantum matrix field as long as doing so costs less than the million bucks I could claim "if" I could. Merry Christmas

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Object reality is not a reliable indicator of subjective experience

speaker: Spendor A7 also Spendor BC1
receiver: Cambridge Audio Topaz ST20
receiver upgradte coming soon: VTL IT-85
CD player: Cambridge Audio Topaz CD10
turntable: Bang & Olufson Beogram RX
speaker cables: SKW 6N OCC no lamp cord for me
interconnects: SKW 6N OCC
power cord coming soon: SKW 6N OCC
all cables low in fiber with no grain content whatsoever
isolation transformer: Tripp Lite Standard
But it certainly can be.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
As for lamp cord I instead insist that my cables be cryogenically treated with continuous virtual time crystals in a quasi-hyper quantum matrix field as long as doing so costs less than the million bucks I could claim "if" I could. Merry Christmas
LOL funny but why the troll? Merry Festivus!

B

BernardIE5317

Audiophyte
What are you replying to..? This doesn't even make sense if it's a reply to my post...
Of course it's subjective. Who said it wasn't? Why are you talking about sticking oscilloscopes in your ears?
A previous gentleman insisted on
Subjective experience is not a reliable indicator of objective reality
A conversation ensued.
It seems I mistook you for he. My apologies.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Yes, this effect was discussed by Jneutron and Jon Rich perhaps at AA and maybe here many years ago. Jneutron of a national lab on the east coast measures stuff in the nano amps perhaps if memory is correct but the grain boundary effect in human brain is unreliable in my skull. ;) :D
Ahh, the good old days, Jneutron and Jon Risch going at it. The audiophile version of Fight Club.I remember those exchanges were at AR.com. Maybe they were also at AA, but I rarely read that. I wouldn't call them debates – they were more like spitting contests :).
And the OP is nowhere. :eek:
The OP can't think of a subject better than diminished sound quality in cables due to copper crystal grain boundaries. It's been years since I heard crap like that. He must be a rather bored troll.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis