Good news everyone!

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Bitter-sweet!

My country was struck by a series of strong and devastating earthquakes. But let's look at the good in all the bad;

Many chefs from closed restaurants due to covid, went to quake-struck areas and they are cooking for people for free.

All parts of my country sent help. So much so that the logistics of distributing was a real challenge.

Many camps donated trailers as these are means of housing while houses get renovated.

Many neighboring countries sent financial help and bungalow-houses.

I was lucky enough to be able to help several families; blankets, duvets, food, shoes, money...

Many soccer supporting groups made organized trips to clear the debris.

Baybe food, hygiene products, heaters, electricity...

One young lady from neighboring Slovenia (Melania's home country) saw that farma animals are hungry, she sat in a huge truck and brough tones of food for animals.

Army, Red Cross, Medical staff, Volunteers, they were, of course given priority for vaccination...

It doesn't change the tragedy, but I think these people will not feel forgotten.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
I passed my French oral exam!!

OK, OK, come all with cheap digs and two bit sex references, now's your chance! Let's have'em, the sooner the better! :D

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Eh, call me when you get a French prostate exam. They use a cigarette!:oops: Congrats on the oral exam! très magnifique!:)

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

OK, OK, come all with cheap digs and two bit sex references, now's your chance! Let's have'em, the sooner the better! :D
Figures the French have their own way of doing oral...

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Yesterday, on PBS Newshour Weekend edition (which is limited to 1/2 hour instead of the weekday 1 hour "newshour"), 17 min and 45 sec were devoted to "Zoning laws and affordable housing in Connecticut" (with additional reflection on trends across the nation)!

I don't consider this story to be "good news" per se, but I do consider it to very much be good news that this story could dominate 17:45 out of 21 total minutes news-broadcast time (after subtracting the duration of the intro and credits) or 84.5% of the show. To me, that means things are pretty "boring" out there, and that is, indeed good news!!! :)

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.

Two bits? If you were any good, you could get at least six bits. :)

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
highfigh

highfigh

Best part is the first sentence "they stumbled up each other at a grave site in Antarctica".

They both just happened to be there? I'm gonna have to read this one.
One of the times where "I happened to be in the neighborhood" just doesn't seem genuine.

highfigh

highfigh

Look at the videos at NASA from the day Perseverance landed on Mars- no lack of non-Whites. No lack when I was in college at an engineering school. Most of the BS comes from people who just don't know the facts.

Most of the problems have been because of legislation, based on ignorance. Check into the HUD Bill from the late 1940s and what had been allowed before.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis