Go republicans! Let's restrict womens bodies again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
The hell that's about to be unleashed by these states will be unprecedented. It's only really going to affect the poor woman of these states for the most part. It's going to be a very sad chapter in history but hey if you are anti-abortion you are gonna get exactly what you wished for. Mark my words, contraception, at some forms will be banned also. What the hell is to stop Ala-fuckin-bama from doing just that?
It's too much imo. Some of it just seems like it's extremist religious utopia. You've got state rights. Now you want to ban out state too. It isn't very well thought out either. I used "married" couples in the previous post since the ground work seems to about marriage and abstinence. I personally think the out state stuff is draconian.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
It's too much imo. Some of it just seems like it's extremist religious utopia. You've got state rights. Now you want to ban out state too. It isn't very well thought out either. I used "married" couples in the previous post since the ground work seems to about marriage and abstinence. I personally think the out state stuff is draconian.
A mix of religion and politics like the Republicans are doing is toxic, and ultimately a threat to the right of religious freedom.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
A mix of religion and politics like the Republicans are doing is toxic, and ultimately a threat to the right of religious freedom.
I think what conservatives don't understand is religious freedom means is freedom "to" or freedom "from" religion.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Texas Governor Greg Abbott defended his state's strict new abortion law, saying that it doesn't force victims of rape and incest to carry their pregnancy to term because it "provides at least 6 weeks for a person to be able to get an abortion."

At the signing for a GOP-supported voting bill on Tuesday, a reporter asked Abbott why he would "force" a rape or incest victim to carry a pregnancy stemming from sexual assault to term. The new abortion law, which went into effect last week, outlaws abortion when a fetal heartbeat is detected — as early as 6 weeks into pregnancy and well before many women even know they are pregnant.

The governor responded that the bill "doesn't require that at all because, obviously, it provides at least 6 weeks for a person to be able to get an abortion."

He also emphasized that "rape is a crime and Texas will work tirelessly that we eliminate all rapists from the streets of Texas by aggressively going out and arresting them and prosecuting them and getting them off the streets."

The Texas Department of Public Safety reported that in 2019, there were more than 14,650 cases of rape reported in the state, making up nearly a quarter of all reported violent crimes. That same year, fewer than 3,900 people were arrested for rape and other sex offenses, according to the department.

The bill also allows civilians to sue anyone who helps someone get or performs an abortion for up to $10,000.

New York Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez told CNN's Anderson Cooper on Tuesday that Abbott's comments ignore the basic biology behind how and when people become pregnant.

"I'm sorry that we have to break down biology 101 on national television, but in case no one has informed him before in his life, 6 weeks pregnant means 2 weeks late for your period," she said. "And 2 weeks late for your period for any person with a menstrual cycle, can happen if you're stressed, if your diet changes, or for really no reason at all. So you don't have 6 weeks."

In regards to Abbott's comments about seeking to "eliminate all rapists," Ocasio-Cortez said that most rape victims are assaulted by people who they know. When it happens, it can take victims a long time to come forward, and when they do, not everyone wants to "retraumatize themselves by going to court."

"This idea that we're going to 'end rape,' when the same type of, frankly, rape culture and the same type of misogynistic culture that informed this abortion law to begin with...it's awful," she said. "...We know that anti-choice bills are not about being pro-life. Because if they were about being pro-life, then the Republican party would support, frankly, an agenda that helps guarantee health care, that helps ensure that people who do give birth that don't have the resources to care for a child, can have that care for a child."

"None of this is about supporting life. What this is about is controlling women's bodies and controlling people who are not cisgender men," Ocasio-Cortez continued. "He speaks from such a place of deep ignorance, and it's not just ignorance. It's ignorance that is hurting people across this country."

Many shared Ocasio-Cortez's sentiments, saying on Twitter that Abbott's comments are "an insulting lie."

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
You don't think that Biden believing he's a 'devout Catholic' doesn't impact his thinking? Aside from being in favor of abortion, which is strictly forbidden in the Catholic faith, his decision-making isn't always separated from his religious beliefs.

Both parties have used religion if they could benefit from it. People (mostly New England Protestants, Evangelicals and Southern Baptist ministers) said JFK wouldn't be elected because he was Catholic and claimed that Catholics had two loyalties- the US and the Vatican.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
You don't think that Biden believing he's a 'devout Catholic' doesn't impact his thinking? Aside from being in favor of abortion, which is strictly forbidden in the Catholic faith, his decision-making isn't always separated from his religious beliefs.

Both parties have used religion if they could benefit from it. People (mostly New England Protestants, Evangelicals and Southern Baptist ministers) said JFK wouldn't be elected because he was Catholic and claimed that Catholics had two loyalties- the US and the Vatican.
Can you point to a Biden policy that would make one think, "Yep, only a Catholic would come up with that one".

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Can you point to a Biden policy that would make one think, "Yep, only a Catholic would come up with that one".
That's not what I meant- he has said he will use his faith to guide him in his decisions. While he's not the only one to do this, it does fly in the face of the US government not being led by people who use their religion to make decisions (W said he did this, a lot).

Let's see the uproar if he asks "Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your personal savior?" when he meets with leaders of other countries.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
That's not what I meant- he has said he will use his faith to guide him in his decisions. While he's not the only one to do this, it does fly in the face of the US government not being led by people who use their religion to make decisions (W said he did this, a lot).

Let's see the uproar if he asks "Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your personal savior?" when he meets with leaders of other countries.
Well he could always open up with: Do not steal, kill, lie or sleep with my wife.

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
All I know is, my wife and I are voting Democratic this November and in 2024. You all can do the same.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan

Well, if his support for abortion and same sex marriage rights are any indication, his Catholic faith may guide, but not dictate, his decisions. This, in contrast with TFG, who hasn't made a sincere expression of faith in anyone or anything other than himself. Yet, he blatantly pandered to the fundamentalist right.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Well, if his support for abortion and same sex marriage rights are any indication, his Catholic faith may guide, but not dictate, his decisions. This, in contrast with TFG, who hasn't made a sincere expression of faith in anyone or anything other than himself. Yet, he blatantly pandered to the fundamentalist right.
TFG?

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan

Jacky Eubanks is running for the Michigan legislature with a “wholehearted” endorsement from Donald Trump who calls her “an America First Patriot.”

Her agenda?

Banning contraception, gay marriage and imposing the “Christian moral order” on the nation.

Eubanks, a Gen Z conservative who falsely claims Trump won the 2020 election in Michigan, disclosed her extreme views in an interview on “Church Militant,” a digital media service that has been designated by the Southern Poverty Law Center as an “anti-LGBTQ hate group.”

Church Militant is run by Michael Voris, an ex-TV news reporter and formerly gay man who has been criticized as a leader of the “Catholic alt-right.” (Church Militant has strained relations with actual church leaders; it was originally known as RealCatholicTV until the Archdiocese of Detroit told Voris he was not “authorized” to use the word Catholic in his branding.)

In the interview, posted to Eubank’s campaign Facebook page on Thursday, she insisted she is not a typical politician, “walking in the ways of the wicked,” and said her campaign is a manifestation of “God bringing together a coalition of true conservatives to save this country.”

Voris and Eubanks engaged in a lengthy discussion of politics and faith. “We see everything going on with Roe right now — the left becoming completely uncorked losing their minds,” Voris said. “They’re saying, ‘They’re coming after your gay marriage next. They’re coming after your birth control.'” He paused a beat before adding with a smile, “Well, you know what… yeah!”

Eubanks signaled her agreement, and launched into a fundamentalist diatribe. “You cannot have a successful society outside of the Christian moral order,” she claimed, insisting that “things like abortion and things like gay marriage are outside the Christian moral order.” Eubanks added: “They lead to chaos and destruction and a culture of death; we’ve abandoned the Christian moral order as a nation and we are reaping that destruction.”

When Voris suggested to Eubanks that her political opponents are likely to paint that as extreme, Eubanks countered: “I don’t see what we believe as extreme at all. We need to return to God’s moral order. That’s not radical. God’s morality is for everybody,” she said. “You cannot have happiness outside of God’s moral order.”

Voris then drilled down on contraception, specifically, asking Eubanks if she would use her vote in the Michigan statehouse to make it illegal. “We have a declining population. We have an underpopulation problem. All of this could be avoided if we were a truly pro-life nation,” Eubanks said. If contraception came up for a vote, she insisted, “I would have to side with it should not be legal.” Eubanks then blasted the notion of “consequence-fee sex” saying a birth control ban would encourage people to “wait until marriage, to practice chastity.”

Such remarks by the Trump-endorsed Eubanks — who also vowed she’d work to ensure that abortion is illegal in Michigan — may increase the former president’s anxiety that his role in appointing anti-choice judges might dim his 2024 prospects with suburban women voters.

Such concerns were not top of mind for Voris. Plainly delighted with Eubanks, he warned her: “You’re going to get the Marjorie Taylor Greene treatment.”

Eubanks agreed — “They’re going to try to label me crazy,” she said — and insisted that the Georgia congresswoman is her political hero, in particular for standing against “the radical transgender agenda” by trolling a fellow member of Congress.

The interview closed out with Eubanks and Voris bashing the political left. “It uses mob violence to achieve its political ends,” Eubanks said, “which is why we saw them burning down the country in the summer of 2020 — all because of ‘saint’ George Floyd.”

Cautioning that the left is going to “resort to mob violence” when they see that they’re “losing politically,” Eubanks closed with a stark warning about how she intends to wield state power. “I’m hoping that, through God’s grace, we can use the political positions of legal power that conservatives will get to crush that revolutionary force,” she said. “Over my dead body this country will be Communist — and I mean that.”

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Think the moral of the story on this topic is there's a difference between encouraging the woman to have the child and forcing them to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis