Go republicans! Let's restrict womens bodies again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Not much right about Kavanaugh and the other republican turds conteplating their personal politics being forced on us on the other hand. Might piss someone off....
So it's OK for the Democrats/Progressives to force their views on people who don't agree?

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
So it's OK for the Democrats/Progressives to force their views on people who don't agree?
Nope. It's not OK for anyone to do that. What laws have they made where they're forcing views on people who don't agree?

highfigh

highfigh

Nope. It's not OK for anyone to do that. What laws have they made where they're forcing views on people who don't agree?
What rock have you been living under? How many trillions of dollars do they have to piss away before you notice?

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Conservative news could cover it.
I should have pre-faced this with In the meantime..... hehehe.

Please buy my book Why the Left Have a Monopoly In the Media and the Backwards Attempt by Conservatives to Gain Control by Making the Left Report Journalism While They Abandon It for the Advantages of the Big Lie and Conspiracies. It's available on Amazon.:p

highfigh

highfigh

So you don't have specific examples?
Porkulus, college tuition bailout (slap in the face for the ones who worked their asses off to pay their loans), any time one party was ignored by the other when passing legislation (I know it has been done recently by the Dems, but I have to assume it was done by the Republicans, too).....

Are you unable to see any fault in the Democrats in office? I'm looking at both parties because I can't identify with either, anymore. When I asked, it was to find out if you see everything done by the Dems/Progressives as 'good' or 'right'.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Porkulus, college tuition bailout (slap in the face for the ones who worked their asses off to pay their loans), any time one party was ignored by the other when passing legislation (I know it has been done recently by the Dems, but I have to assume it was done by the Republicans, too).....

Are you unable to see any fault in the Democrats in office? I'm looking at both parties because I can't identify with either, anymore. When I asked, it was to find out if you see everything done by the Dems/Progressives as 'good' or 'right'.
You add so much to what people say it's weird.

I asked what I thought was a simple question. I legitimately don't know the specific laws. Just wanted to inform myself.

I'm very specific with my wording. I'm not "doing" what other people are "doing" when the "just ask questions."

I don't ask a question unless I'm genuinely wanting an answer to my specific question.

Example:

I ask a question asking for specific laws that have been made.

I expect links to these specific laws, or at least something pointing me to those specific laws.

What I got was not that at all. I don't understand why.

highfigh

highfigh

You add so much to what people say it's weird.

I asked what I thought was a simple question. I legitimately don't know the specific laws. Just wanted to inform myself.

I'm very specific with my wording. I'm not "doing" what other people are "doing" when the "just ask questions."

I don't ask a question unless I'm genuinely wanting an answer to my specific question.

Example:

I ask a question asking for specific laws that have been made.

I expect links to these specific laws, or at least something pointing me to those specific laws.

What I got was not that at all. I don't understand why.
Do the work for yourself, don't expect others to do it.

You haven't tried to inform yourself at all- you're asking others for the info.

Granted, the media is a bad place to look- it takes a long time to find good sources.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
college tuition bailout (slap in the face for the ones who worked their asses off to pay their loans),
This is the single worst argument against it that I can think of. "I struggled/suffered to pay my loans back so everyone else should too." Whatever happened to making things better for future generations? Never mind the astronomical rise in the cost of a college education in the last 20 years. The first time I went to college in '95 it was ~$14k/year to live on campus and take all your classes, buy books, etc. When I went back (the the same school) in 2015 for a second bachelor's it was ~$35k/yr for everything if you were living on campus. A full class load alone was $16k/yr. And this is a state school price. It only gets worse if you go to a non-state school.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Pathetic how many still want that bozo to run again in '24 :eek:
I know he probably isn't your fav, but DeSantis has won two strawman poles over Trump. That's something I guess. I rather think it has to be him cause I cannot think of anyone else who will put up a fight against Trump in the primaries. There obviously could be a dark horse outta nowhere, but for now with who has the best shot it's DeSantis IMO.

On the other side, I don't know if I'd even want to enter as a Democrat. Joe is so bad on the economy that the only way is if you can make a buck off entering the race LOL. And he seems so hell bent on returning. Take your lumps and return in '28 LOL.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
This is the single worst argument against it that I can think of. "I struggled/suffered to pay my loans back so everyone else should too." Whatever happened to making things better for future generations?
Nonsense, enabling, woke mentality. Plenty of other options if one can't afford college, Trade schools, Military, Industry to name but a few

Never mind the astronomical rise in the cost of a college education in the last 20 years. The first time I went to college in '95 it was ~$14k/year to live on campus and take all your classes, buy books, etc. When I went back (the the same school) in 2015 for a second bachelor's it was ~$35k/yr for everything if you were living on campus. A full class load alone was $16k/yr. And this is a state school price. It only gets worse if you go to a non-state school.
I went to private school 24 years ahead of you so I'm well aware of costs, hell gas was 26 cents a gallon when I started driving ! I don't argue for one minute that education costs have skyrocketed but to think the burden should be on 'Joe Taxpayer', no, I disagree.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
On the other side, I don't know if I'd even want to enter as a Democrat. Joe is so bad on the economy that the only way is if you can make a buck off entering the race LOL. And he seems so hell bent on returning. Take your lumps and return in '28 LOL.
Ah yes, the classic "look how the economy is doing" and giving the current president credit without realizing the economy of the current president, is the product of the last president.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
The student loan crisis has so many similarities to the subprime crisis it's uncanny. It is unfair to do this with taxpayers money, which isn't even there, will be "borrowed", and will be even more future debt for the next generation. Haven''t we screwed them enough? Also, many did not go to college because they couldn't afford it and/or didn't want to take on debt. Why should they, who are mostly working class, bail out the college kids debt, who should, by the colleges own advertising, be making more with a degree? Most importantly, a 'bailout' also benefits the financial institutions and colleges who are in the 'elite' class.

The borrowers have large responsibility but they are financial novices when they make these decisions to take on a loan. A more 'equitable' way to take care of this issue to introduce some corrective "skin in the game"

1. The financial institutions that gave these loans should take a hit for not properly underwriting these loans. I.e., X major will earn Y amount on average after getting their degree so they can only take out Z amount in loans. None of that was happening.

2. The colleges themselves have skyrocketed the costs by bloating out and overpaying their non teaching staff over the past 30 years. They have made college dorms look like 4 star hotels versus what they were back then. Colleges they should be involved in the process with the banks to approve loans and chip in to pay the price if they go bad.

Finally, not one further dime of aid or assistance to the colleges unless they strictly enforce a traditional "free speech" environment. Colleges are entirely too "illiberal" and intolerant to produce the future this country needs to compete with China or future powers that be..

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
LOL, your buddy Trump has been gone for well over a year and you can't help but continue to look in the rear view mirror ! I suppose you Nancy and Chuckles ride bikes together down the yellow brick road ;)
Yet your buddies still talk about Obama and Clinton....

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
The student loan crisis has so many similarities to the subprime crisis it's uncanny. It is unfair to do this with taxpayers money, which isn't even there, will be "borrowed", and will be even more future debt for the next generation. Haven''t we screwed them enough? Also, many did not go to college because they couldn't afford it and/or didn't want to take on debt. Why should they, who are mostly working class, bail out the college kids debt, who should, by the colleges own advertising, be making more with a degree? Most importantly, a 'bailout' also benefits the financial institutions and colleges who are in the 'elite' class.

The borrowers have large responsibility but they are financial novices when they make these decisions to take on a loan. A more 'equitable' way to take care of this issue to introduce some corrective "skin in the game"

1. The financial institutions that gave these loans should take a hit for not properly underwriting these loans. I.e., X major will earn Y amount on average after getting their degree so they can only take out Z amount in loans. None of that was happening.

2. The colleges themselves have skyrocketed the costs by bloating out and overpaying their non teaching staff over the past 30 years. They have made college dorms look like 4 star hotels versus what they were back then. Colleges they should be involved in the process with the banks to approve loans and chip in to pay the price if they go bad.

Finally, not one further dime of aid or assistance to the colleges unless they strictly enforce a traditional "free speech" environment. Colleges are entirely too "illiberal" and intolerant to produce the future this country needs to compete with China or future powers that be..
"The next generation" is a meaningless term when we have no intention of paying it off anyway. We can keep sailing down the sunny horizon while the bills float out from the back of the boat. But seriously, there's some truth to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis