davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I would love for Liz to run. I'd vote for her in a heartbeat over Biden. Unfortunately, with the MAGA peeps in charge of the GOP it just aint gonna happen. :(

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
OK, so who should provide everything the immigrants need and want, considering the US doesn't help its own? Go ahead and justify spending on the immigrants and not on US citizens.

Take it any way you want, but participation in organized religion has been decreasing for quite awhile, so I would argue that the ones spouting "God wants this, that or the other thing' or "I spoke with God and he said...." are on the fringe. Have you noticed the absence of leaders of organized religions in all of this? I have.
The US doesn't "help its own"? Eh? Seems the wealthy have treated themselves rather well.

Let alone the bully claiming to be sent by god....and the republicans eating that shyte up.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
The US doesn't "help its own"? Eh? Seems the wealthy have treated themselves rather well.

Let alone the bully claiming to be sent by god....and the republicans eating that shyte up.
FFS! How many homeless are in the US and what is the US doing to help? US Veterans aren't receiving much of the help they need (you might want to discuss this with some of them for a different perspective) and mental health should be much higher in priority than it is.

Rather than focusing on hating the Republicans, look at the whole picture. If the US was doing so much for people who need help, this would be a much better place. Crime wouldn't be the problem it is, the education system would be better, and you seem to be linking "the wealthy' with 'Republicans' as if they don't include Democrats and other Liberals. You would be dead wrong about that.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
FFS! How many homeless are in the US and what is the US doing to help? US Veterans aren't receiving much of the help they need (you might want to discuss this with some of them for a different perspective) and mental health should be much higher in priority than it is.

Rather than focusing on hating the Republicans, look at the whole picture. If the US was doing so much for people who need help, this would be a much better place. Crime wouldn't be the problem it is, the education system would be better, and you seem to be linking "the wealthy' with 'Republicans' as if they don't include Democrats and other Liberals. You would be dead wrong about that.
Just think, with the money given to other countries what this country could have done for the homeless, the Vets, the poor and the advancement in medical care.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Who broke those countries in the first place?
Lots of blame to go around.

Missed Opportunities: The Economic History of Latin America (imf.org)
Of course, this ^ ignores American interference in Latin America over many decades that can be argued has held back development.

And, it isn't just the US. Canadian mining companies have a poor record in countries where human rights and environmental laws are lacking.
The “Canada Brand”: Violence and Canadian Mining Companies in Latin America | Cultural Survival

Sometimes the road to present circumstances is laid down long into the past. At the turn of the 20th century, Argentina was quite affluent, with a GDP similar to Canada's. I realize Argentina isn't as "broken" as some other Latin American countries, but the pattern is there.

Poles apart: The divergent economic paths of Argentina and Canada - FocusEconomics (focus-economics.com)

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan

Lovin, for whatever reason is unable to differentiate between the MAGA misfits and other republicans and as you stated in your last paragraph keeps his rose colored glasses on when it comes to many Dems. Just like the MAGA crowd treats all Dems. As I've stated many times , both are as useless as tits on a bull ............

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

I'm all for vet programs and mental health programs, just doesn't seem the republicans have been supportive of such, so I certainly don't praise them. Of course the wealth isn't restricted to one side or the other, but I just see poor support from the republicans for years on such problems, be great if they put their money where their mouth is. Republicans have such burning issues, like whining about the insurrectionists being prosecuted, or protecting the big orange buffoon who continues to be their leading light, or abortion, restricting voting, burning books and other nonsense issues like Travis and taytay. Democrats aren't angels, tho. It is hard to separate the maga republicans from the rest, they seem to have a happy home with the republicans overall....

Last edited:
H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
Just think, with the money given to other countries what this country could have done for the homeless, the Vets, the poor and the advancement in medical care.
We, the US, waste so much money on so many things from both sides of the aisle it's almost unfathomable. My head spins with politician saying if we cut this we could do that. It's never worked that way. This type of argument is sold to us to us to pacify us or to push forward an agenda. You also have to know that the government is not industry trying to make a profit. It bleeds money everywhere.

Moreover, every politician from every party runs by saying they're going to help our vets,,, and improve education. But when they get in office nothing gets done. It's either more important to point out the flaws/holes in something one party tries to do than fix the flaws/holes, or to veto it so the other party doesn't look good.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
'Diminished faculties,' 'faulty memory,' 'significant limitations': A damning report on Biden's mental state | CBC News
Whether the assessment of Biden's faculties is fair, or accurate - the interviewers are likely not qualified in this area - this will probably have a significant impact on his re-election bid.
When you can't remember your sons name that passed away, there is a problem for the leader of this country. But the sad part of this , is so many of our elderly and also some under 65 in our country has early warning signs of Dementia and memory loss is on the top of the list. We all most likely have had someone in our own families and /or friends with this horrible disease. I lost my mom in 2018, in the last 5 years I have lost 4 of my best friends. I can remember my mom and my friends, always denying they had any type of problem, its the way this disease works. One of the worst things you are told not to do when a person you care about is diagnosed dementia is, Don't remind them that their spouse, parent or other loved one is dead. But unfortunately Biden is the leader of our country and until he is diagnosed all topics are fair game. I'm sure his wife knows something is wrong and I am sure she knows what is occurring. Sad actually.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
so, when does the DNC, Jill and whomever pull the plug on his re-election bid ? What will the Dems do for a replacement ?
I'm coming to think or come to some conclusion that the high ranking member in the democratic party know of his real condition and there are a select few that could be even running this country and Biden as a figure head. But you know, Trump and his wacky off the cuff crap is pretty darn weird as well. Its like a runaway train, sooner our later it will run off the tracks. But really who is going to step up for both parties, or anyone else; Haley, JKF Jr good grief Bernie Sanders yet again, Karma Harris we are doomed regardless with the setting Congress we now have. Neither side will be happy with anyone that becomes President.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
so, when does the DNC, Jill and whomever pull the plug on his re-election bid ? What will the Dems do for a replacement ?
You're asking the wrong person, pal. They'd have to find a candidate sufficiently tolerable to independent/undecided voters.

highfigh

highfigh

I think the US could do both, if special projects and BS were eliminated from the budget.

highfigh

highfigh

I'm all for vet programs and mental health programs, just doesn't seem the republicans have been supportive of such, so I certainly don't praise them. Of course the wealth isn't restricted to one side or the other, but I just see poor support from the republicans for years on such problems, be great if they put their money where their mouth is. Republicans have such burning issues, like whining about the insurrectionists being prosecuted, or protecting the big orange buffoon who continues to be their leading light, or abortion, restricting voting, burning books and other nonsense issues like Travis and taytay. Democrats aren't angels, tho. It is hard to separate the maga republicans from the rest, they seem to have a happy home with the republicans overall....
The problem with the Republicans is they don't have a clear definition of who they are and what they stand for- it's all up to interpretation by people who are reacting to their BS.

As much as I disagree with what MAGA has become (and it has devolved badly), I can't say that the US is great. This country has a lot of problems that aren't being handled in a way that I agree with and so many problems are being handled with kidd gloves, rather than grabbing those involved by the collar and shaking them until they see that they're part of the problem.

People used to try, now they don't. People used to fall and get up, now they cry and whine. People used to want to be educated, now they don't even know how uneducated they are because they don't care. People used to discuss and debate, now they just argue, yell at and insult each other because they can't see the other person's points as valid. I blame social media for a lot of this. People want others to pay attention to them and be considered an 'influencer'.

There's no way the US education system should have become what it is, at all levels. While the best & brightest have always gotten attention and more effort was made to push them ahead, if the run of the mill students were to be compared with students of the same age in other countries seem like imbeciles. Colleges preyed on people, raised the cost to insane levels, rather than cutting costs and looking for ways to offer a way toward success without blowing smoke up everyone's skirt when they decided they wanted to study topics that could never result in a decent job after graduation. When the Federal money was reduced, colleges just kept jacking up the cost and shoving people into loans that were difficult to repay, at best. However, it doesn't seem that any attempt make the students and their families understand that the loans needed to be paid if a job wouldn't pay well enough. But hey, they need great sports teams, right?

And then, there's the rampant greed.....people are jealous and want what they can't have. That could have been prevented by parents who had a brain, but they were too busy keeping up with the Jones'. Predatory lending has been a huge problem for a long time and again, it all boils down to greed.

I don't see many people suggesting solutions, all I see is finger pointing.

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
I'm selfish.

All I want is a President who is not a warmonger, will support Seniors, will support Social Security and Medicare and at the same time, try to balance the budget. Yeah I know, that's asking too much.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
'Diminished faculties,' 'faulty memory,' 'significant limitations': A damning report on Biden's mental state | CBC News
Whether the assessment of Biden's faculties is fair, or accurate - the interviewers are likely not qualified in this area - this will probably have a significant impact on his re-election bid.
Here is Paul Krugman's take on this:

>>>When the news broke about the special counsel’s hit job — his snide, unwarranted, obviously politically motivated slurs about President Biden’s memory — I found myself thinking about my mother. What year did she die? It turned out that I didn’t know offhand; I knew that it was after I moved from Princeton to CUNY, because I was regularly commuting out to New Jersey to see her, but before the pandemic. I actually had to look into my records to confirm that she died in 2017.

I’ll bet that many readers are similarly vague about the dates of major life events. You remember the circumstances but not necessarily the precise year. And whatever you think of me, I’m pretty sure I don’t write or sound like an old man. The idea that Biden’s difficulty in pinning down the year of his son’s death shows his incapacity — in the middle of the Gaza crisis! — is disgusting.

As it happens, I had an hourlong off-the-record meeting with Biden in August. I can’t talk about the content, but I can assure you that he’s perfectly lucid, with a good grasp of events. And outside of that personal experience, on several occasions when I thought he was making a serious misjudgment — like his handling of the debt ceiling crisis — he was right, and I was wrong.

And my God, consider his opponent. When I listen to Donald Trump’s speeches, I find myself thinking about my father, who died in 2013 (something else I had to look up). During his last year my father suffered from sundowning: He was lucid during the day but would sometimes become incoherent and aggressive after dark. If we’re going to be doing amateur psychological diagnoses of elderly politicians, shouldn’t we be talking about a candidate who has confused Nikki Haley with Nancy Pelosi and whose ranting and raving sometimes reminds me of my father on a bad evening?

So to everyone who’s piling on Biden right now, stop and look in the mirror. And ask yourself what you are doing.<<<

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Here is Paul Krugman's take on this:

>>>When the news broke about the special counsel’s hit job — his snide, unwarranted, obviously politically motivated slurs about President Biden’s memory — I found myself thinking about my mother. What year did she die? It turned out that I didn’t know offhand; I knew that it was after I moved from Princeton to CUNY, because I was regularly commuting out to New Jersey to see her, but before the pandemic. I actually had to look into my records to confirm that she died in 2017.

I’ll bet that many readers are similarly vague about the dates of major life events. You remember the circumstances but not necessarily the precise year. And whatever you think of me, I’m pretty sure I don’t write or sound like an old man. The idea that Biden’s difficulty in pinning down the year of his son’s death shows his incapacity — in the middle of the Gaza crisis! — is disgusting.

As it happens, I had an hourlong off-the-record meeting with Biden in August. I can’t talk about the content, but I can assure you that he’s perfectly lucid, with a good grasp of events. And outside of that personal experience, on several occasions when I thought he was making a serious misjudgment — like his handling of the debt ceiling crisis — he was right, and I was wrong.

And my God, consider his opponent. When I listen to Donald Trump’s speeches, I find myself thinking about my father, who died in 2013 (something else I had to look up). During his last year my father suffered from sundowning: He was lucid during the day but would sometimes become incoherent and aggressive after dark. If we’re going to be doing amateur psychological diagnoses of elderly politicians, shouldn’t we be talking about a candidate who has confused Nikki Haley with Nancy Pelosi and whose ranting and raving sometimes reminds me of my father on a bad evening?

So to everyone who’s piling on Biden right now, stop and look in the mirror. And ask yourself what you are doing.<<<

Thank you for your post and as someone with a 92 year old mother with dementia I can relate. With that being said and I stated it many times, I don't think he's fit for another four years. There is no doubt in my mind the DNC is having serious doubts as well.

Another opinion from Peter Bergen of CNN.....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis