funny pictures of bose..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
haha

I agree.

here, I will explain 6th order bandpass.

its when you have a port on both sides of the driver. It allows the speaker to not have a cross over, and also produces the sloppiest, most muddy bass concevable.

the direct reflecting system, which you think widens the sweet spot, doesn't, it makes the speakers not image properly. gene did a review of the 701's, remember? if those were bad, these would be way worse.

and, where did I say I knew everything about speakers?, come and test my wisdom? Hmm? NO WHERE. I think you need to let go of the stereo type that teenagers know nothing.

now, I think this thread is finished.
sheep

annunaki

annunaki

Resident Loser said:
...I'd refer to it as a "sub" tho...the FR ceiling is probably too high...the term "bass module" is probably more accurate...

jimHJJ(...or so it might seem..)
Quite right my bad. :eek:
Bass module.

J

jneutron

Senior Audioholic
Sheep said:
I agree.

here, I will explain 6th order bandpass.

its when you have a port on both sides of the driver. It allows the speaker to not have a cross over, and also produces the sloppiest, most muddy bass concevable.

the direct reflecting system, which you think widens the sweet spot, doesn't, it makes the speakers not image properly. gene did a review of the 701's, remember? if those were bad, these would be way worse.

and, where did I say I knew everything about speakers?, come and test my wisdom? Hmm? NO WHERE. I think you need to let go of the stereo type that teenagers know nothing.

now, I think this thread is finished.
sheep
Wow...as I suspected..

It's five here, I'll let others correct your explanation..look closely at the pic..

why the two port widths and lengths?

Why do both mains fire into a closed cavity one side, a ported one on the other..and, you do not mention the third down firing one.

I work with, teach, hire, evaluate, and mentor teens, high school students, undergraduates, graduates, doctoral candidates, post docs, full professors, researchers, scientists...the list is long..

All of them behave significantly better than that which you have displayed..

Please act more mature and civil...thank you.

Cheers, John

Johnny Canuck

Johnny Canuck

Banned
Resident Loser: "I own the HK Citation 16"

So?

I had the HK Citation 16 and it's a dinosaur. Power was not even what today's receivers push out. It was good in it's day. i have used that with the Bose 901's when I was starting as a DJ. From the sounds of it your are stuck in the 80's. This stuff is absolute junk now. You can not come on here a defend those products. it's like comparing a 1979 Datsun B-210 to a 2005 Nissan Z35.

Bose is absolute crap. I saw an add today in a flyer for one of their Dream systems or whatever they call the ****e. Over $2000. Anybody who would buy something like that needs to have their head examined. And these pics of the insides only make that point more clear.

Sometimes people here are stuck in their beliefs. I think your comments were made to insinuate we are a bunch of sheep for believing what we read and following a crowd. You are wrong in this case and need to get your head out of your a$$.

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
This place is starting to look like the 'Harley vs. Everything Else' thread on another forum I frequent.

P

Privateer

Full Audioholic
This stuff is absolute junk now. You can not come on here a defend those products. it's like comparing a 1979 Datsun B-210 to a 2005 Nissan 350Z.
I agree, when the 901's were first released they might have been a good bang for the buck but could not compete with the higher end products back then.

P

Privateer

Full Audioholic
This place is starting to look like the 'Harley vs. Everything Else' thread on another forum I frequent.
Harley's are nothing but overpriced junk with a name just like bose for audio.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
i agree. I have worked in a shop for 3 years, and the principle behind the engine is flawwed. they shake to much (only 2 cylinders) and they basically fall apart. All the screw and bolts loosen.

regarding bose lover's last post.

Listen, you know more about aduio then i do. You also use big woulds like enormous, or gigantic, which seems to make you feel good, don't really care.

the one thing I do know, is what sounds good, and this subwoofer SUCKS.

and who are you to judge my edicet(typo?). when gene or clint tells me to cool it, I will, but not from you.

again, this thread it over.

Well, it is over, but for various reasons. We do prefer everyone try to be a bit more civil. There was a bunch of funny stuff in this thread - (everyone) try not to take audio too seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis