Status
Not open for further replies.
Resident Loser

Resident Loser

Senior Audioholic
Smatter O'fact...

Privateer said:
So you own bose?
...I own a pair of 901-lls that are probably older than you...room eq'd with an SAE Mark2700B and powered by an HK Citation 16...

Regardless of the manufacturer, I simply fail to see any humor in a plexiglas demo unit...

jimHJJ(...y'oughta hear some RVG Coltrane or Davis remasters through 'em...)

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
get out more?

a guy named resident loser is telling me to get out more, im 17 you dolt.
I go to school everyday (well not any more, exams) and i don't get out, or know whats in. I'm not laughing at the box, im laughing at the drivers, the design of the box (6th order bandpass), and now you, for owning bose.

retarded.
sheep

Resident Loser

Resident Loser

Senior Audioholic
Don't think...

annunaki said:
That sub actually looks as though it is a passive design. I do not see a transformer anywhere.
...I'd refer to it as a "sub" tho...the FR ceiling is probably too high...the term "bass module" is probably more accurate...

jimHJJ(...or so it might seem..)

Last edited:
Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
not a sub...

its an acoustimass module
hahahaha

sheep

Resident Loser

Resident Loser

Senior Audioholic
I have ties older than you are...

Sheep said:
a guy named resident loser is telling me to get out more, im 17 you dolt.
I go to school everyday (well not any more, exams) and i don't get out, or know whats in. I'm not laughing at the box, im laughing at the drivers, the design of the box (6th order bandpass), and now you, for owning bose.

retarded.
sheep
...Talk to me again when your testicles descend...

jimHJJ(...cheez, it must be something in the water...)

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
water?

actually its the milk...

by the by, I can press 195 pounds over my head, so i think my balls dropped.

sheep

Resident Loser

Resident Loser

Senior Audioholic
And this is supposed to impress me how?

Sheep said:
...I can press 195 pounds over my head...sheep
Over yer head, eh? Well at least nothing important will be damaged should you loose your grip...

jimHJJ(...whoop-dee-doo...)

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
This thread is getting lame, very quickly. Stop acting like middle-schoolers.

J

jneutron

Senior Audioholic
Sheep said:
actually its the milk...

by the by, I can press 195 pounds over my head, so i think my balls dropped.

sheep
Ah, now I'm impressed..so much so that I've entirely forgotten your attitude.

Since you are a 17 year old who can press 195, then you can explain to us the technical issues surrounding the use of a 6th order bandpass? Phase and amplitude issues would suffice..

Or, why stamped drivers are no good even when the compression and tensional strain of the basket fall below .01% even at maximum spl? No heatsinking issues, no temperature dependent strains..?

Or, why a tube construct is the most structurally efficient design for acoustic pressure hoop stresses, so can be lightweight for transport?

While they may at first glance be "funny" to the uneducated, they have engineering concepts behind them that you cannot even pronounce..

Please be a tad more mature in the future.

John

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
you forgot the point, the 195 wasn't to impress anyone, it was evidence.

I'm sorry your to naive to realise what im laughing at, sounds sort of like, denial?

sheep

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Way to regulate, John. Have you seen the argument between WmAx and McManm? They really got into it on driver design...Maybe Risch should've been here :p

J

jneutron

Senior Audioholic
jaxvon said:
Way to regulate, John. Have you seen the argument between WmAx and McManm? They really got into it on driver design...Maybe Risch should've been here :p
What argument?

John

P

Privateer

Full Audioholic
...I own a pair of 901-lls that are probably older than you...room eq'd with an SAE Mark2700B and powered by an HK Citation 16...Regardless of the manufacturer, I simply fail to see any humor in a plexiglas demo unit...
Now I see, one who owns blows can never be saved.

J

jneutron

Senior Audioholic
Privateer said:
Now I see, one who owns blows can never be saved.
Why?

The direct/reflecting technology sweeps the side source line source image outward..this is sufficiently capable of altering localization imaging reconstruction to the point where the sweet spot is widened..there's a problem with that?

I personally prefer to listen with another..I'm not a hermit..you may prefer sitting in one location, head fixed in space, to enjoy...I do not..

John

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Where'd the mids, highs, and lows go?

Yes, we wish...

One week of use:

Better sound through putting the OFF button right next to the snooze button...

I'm going back to sleep now. ZZZZZzzzzzzz........

P

Privateer

Full Audioholic
Why? The direct/reflecting technology sweeps the side source line source image outward..this is sufficiently capable of altering localization imaging reconstruction to the point where the sweet spot is widened..there's a problem with that? I personally prefer to listen with another..I'm not a hermit..you may prefer sitting in one location, head fixed in space, to enjoy...I do not..
You are sticking up for this crap called bose? I can see if you bought a pair of 901's for $25 at a store but anymore spent on this pathitic sounding speaker is a waste.

J

jneutron

Senior Audioholic
Privateer said:
You are sticking up for this crap called bose? I can see if you bought a pair of 901's for $25 at a store but anymore spent on this pathitic sounding speaker is a waste.
I am sticking up for nothing..what I pointed out is the direct/reflecting system does what other systems of their time, and even some now, cannot do. All through engineering that is rather advanced, and technically quite beyond most people to grasp, acoustically speaking..

I do not own bose, never have, do not consider buying any in the future, and am quite content with what I have....it meets my criteria of operation, that being nice sound, not position restrictive, well hidden in the room (waf), which I accept as reasonably good criteria...

Other's who choose bose for whatever reason, are quite welcome to their choice and enjoyment..as are those who do not..

Cheers, John

J

jneutron

Senior Audioholic
jaxvon said:
hmm..interesting thread..

Several technical errors...even that linked paper of adire..pdf..what a pita..

Apparently, there is no difference between a "free range" inductor, and one embedded within a magnetic circuit...go figure..I think I better go tell my co-woikers...

Shabby test setup..

Maybe I'll plow through that thread someday..but not today..

Cheers, John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis