Full range from fronts and subwoofer?

B

bomt697

Junior Audioholic
Hello,
I just upgraded my front stage to Arendal Audio 1723 THX from Definite Technology bp/cs9060.
First off I gotta say that these speakers sound incredible. Significant upgrade from the Def Techs.

My questions is that Arendal speakers product some pretty awesome bass on their own in stereo mode (speaker set to large with LFE+Main); is there a way I can them to make all that bass when the subs are on as well? Like when am watching a movie?

I’d hate to lose all that bass the speakers produce.
Please advise, thank you.

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
Large with LFE+Main is what you need for movies also if you want double bass.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
Do I keep them as small or large speakers?
If you want “double bass” the mains need to be set as large and not small or ‘LFE+Main’ will usually work exactly the same as ‘LFE’.

Now this is usually frowned upon as it can somewhat mess with the bass quite a lot but some use it and love it.
The general advice is as always speakers ‘small’, ‘LFE’ and a sensible crossover for each speaker for the smoothest frequency response. (Sorry, i just had to say it)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Congrats on the speakers! Welcome to the forum.

Yep, you're already maximizing bass with speakers/subs the way you're doing it. What sub(s) do you have?

Personally I have speakers with good bass capabilities but my subs are much better so I set mine to small and use the lfe setting and use a crossover of 100hz. General advised starting point is 80hz, but experiment. Some like to just up the sub level a coupla/several dB. It's just preference in the end. What crossover did you set for using LFE+Main?

B

bomt697

Junior Audioholic
Congrats on the speakers! Welcome to the forum.

Yep, you're already maximizing bass with speakers/subs the way you're doing it. What sub(s) do you have?

Personally I have speakers with good bass capabilities but my subs are much better so I set mine to small and use the lfe setting and use a crossover of 100hz. General advised starting point is 80hz, but experiment. Some like to just up the sub level a coupla/several dB. It's just preference in the end. What crossover did you set for using LFE+Main?
Thank you. Super excited to have these speakers.
I have duel HSU VTF-3 MK5 subs. I have my crossover set at 110Hz after I integrated a miniDSP HD. When playing music I left the crossover at 110Hz and turned my subs off. I wanted to see what this beats were capable of and they are seriously capable.

Shanman

Shanman

Audioholic
Try setting the main speakers to small, but lower the crossover point to say 60 or 70hz. Like suggested above, play with the crossover points. With the capabilities of your Arendals you can cross them over lower. By keeping the small settng, you are just preventing full range signals to the mains, and keep the really low sub-bass to the HSU's.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis