Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Congrats Alex on the new addition to the Family , let us know your thoughts and pics are a must.
Thanks, Rob. My girl is just about off to work and the sun is almost up.
I'm going to have a cup of coffee and then it's game on.

I don't know why my girl couldn't be this excited about her faucet. :confused:

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I was surprised that prices had come down that much for this player and even when I mentioned my selling price to my buddy at Oppo, he was also kind of surprised. It is what they're selling for though.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
I picked up an oppo bdp-83 myself, I paid a very low number for this unit but only because a really good guy from another forum was upgrading and wanted to see a friend get this, I hope I enjoy it like everyone else.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
Its not the se edition but I always wanted to see what all the fuss was about, I am mostly curious about the loading times lol

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Its not the se edition but I always wanted to see what all the fuss was about, I am mostly curious about the loading times lol
I haven't had a Blu-ray in there yet. I can't wait to hear what this one DVD-A sounds like after I finally get it calibrated. I mean I liked listening to it to begin with but this player has a xo of 80Hz as opposed to the 100Hz offered by my old player. How much did you snag the 83 for? One thing I can say about this player is that it's big and heavy.

Having to read through their manual and the Yamaha 663 manual at the same time is absolutely killing me.
This must be why Doug has gear from WWII. :D

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
@ Alex- I got this one well below the resell value posted on A Gon and other sites, too good to pass up, it came from just west of the Rockies, Those west coast guys have everything, they are kind of like a spoiled sort :eek:

I will be very interested in your thoughts and set up procedure, I guess I am getting lazy as I was thinking hdmi in and out and done. lol.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The analog section on the 83 is good, but the SE upgrade was pretty big in my opinion, if that's what one is after. That's what I was after :) I was surprised actually; I figured it would be subtle, but it was immediately noticeable. I got my player back in one day from them when they did the upgrade (local), so it isn't like I forgot what it sounded like. I also liked that it was very solidly built.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
I just opened up my new to me but ,(used), oppo BDP83 here are a few pics.

Last edited:
sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
A little dusty but still in good shape for the $$

so now my introduction into the oppo products begins.
I will clean this puppy up to sparkle as new, cause thats what we do lol

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Dusty, eh? Did you buy that from Chris? :D

Looks great, man. Clearly, you are the right person to teach Alex how to set the correct date on a camera. ;) :)

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai

I gave this a fine look over and a cleaning with generic screen cleaner and a micro fiber cloth, the only visible wear is right at the area that has the blu ray logo, the loading tray. I would imagine that is most prone to wear and tear.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Talk about a walk down memory lane. I really have had a lot of fun with this player.

Currently taking ridiculous offers only from Pandaman617.

And I'd like to add that the fancy DACs ... like the sound of honey. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis