FS: Denon DVD-2900 Silver

tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
Drop the price and you'll likely improve your chances of selling this unit. Apparently after a month and a half your asking price isn't low enough... -TD

tn001d

tn001d

Senior Audioholic
$270 plus shipping, Double boxed Fed Ex.. free component video cable

See earlier posts

tn001d

tn001d

Senior Audioholic
The look and sound of Denon !!

Last edited by a moderator:
tn001d

tn001d

Senior Audioholic
Post New Year's Sale

$265 + Shipping

Coupon Code: DENONBABY

tn001d

tn001d

Senior Audioholic
0.0 Second layer change !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Man. Has anyone ever used the word "tenacious" to describe you? :D

tn001d

tn001d

Senior Audioholic
Based on your equipment list, you dont have a decent player for standard dvd's. The Denon 2900 will do the job!

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Based on your equipment list, you dont have a decent player for standard dvd's. The Denon 2900 will do the job!
Umm, the PS3 is one of the better upconverting DVD players. Plus, it has HDMI unlike certain models of older Denon players.

tn001d

tn001d

Senior Audioholic
When it comes to standard DVD it doesnt matter when it comes to HDMI vs component, in my opinion its only 1080 p that makes the deciding factor.

The only other dvd player that matched the video quality of the 2900 was a player with the Silicon reon chip in it.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Not to take away from the sale (still pulling for you!), but the PS3 can upscale to 1080p and it does a good job of upscaling. The A3 is also a pretty good upscaling player as well for SD DVD, which is what Davemcc is getting at.

tn001d

tn001d

Senior Audioholic
Displaying DVD at 480p on a display that can actually display 480p is something to witness. Afterall you cant take copper and make it into gold when upscaling to 1080p. My set can display 480p native and sometimes with certain dvd's i forget that its not HD.

I had a nationally known TV calibrator at my house last year, and he was glad to see the Denon 2900 and commented that most of his customers cant match the image quality of 2900 with their new "upscaling/upconverting" players. Even Kris Deering of Secrets recommended the player to me.

I am sure the PS3 and A3 do a decent job.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis