Freq Responses graph

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
"If those were correct then you may as well remove those boosts and apply the same to the subwoofer channel and see what happens."-After doing this I just took a REW measurement. MLP graph is with NO smoothing while the graph across the 3 seats are 1/12th smoothing.

View attachment 49360View attachment 49361
So it got slightly better up to 130 Hz but worse for the higher frequencies. Now we know you can stopped playing with the subwoofer channel and may go back to the FL and FR and play some more.

If you did remove the boosts I suggested in post#99, that is:

133 Hz....................... +1.5
135 Hz....................... +1.7
137 Hz....................... +2
140 Hz....................... +2.3

Now it is time to put back but add two more points:

145 Hz...................... +1.5
150 Hz...................... +2.0
155 Hz...................... +2.0
180 Hz...................... +2

Please double check that in the end, those boosts posted on post#92, 99 and this post are all in for the FL and FR channel.

If you don't mind, I would like to see the final table shown on Rat so I can see that all the boosts are in fact typed in correctly.

After saving the new target curves back to the App, please open the file up and do some print screens of the new target curves for the subwoofer, FL and FR channels.

Here's one of earliest/simplest one:
My final one looks much more complicated but even this simple one would have been almost impossible to draw by hand, that is, without using Ratbuddyssey.

1627133831377.png

C

ciotime

Audioholic
So it got slightly better up to 130 Hz but worse for the higher frequencies. Now we know you can stopped playing with the subwoofer channel and may go back to the FL and FR and play some more.

If you did remove the boosts I suggested in post#99, that is:

133 Hz....................... +1.5
135 Hz....................... +1.7
137 Hz....................... +2
140 Hz....................... +2.3

Now it is time to put back but add two more points:

145 Hz...................... +1.5
150 Hz...................... +2.0
155 Hz...................... +2.0
180 Hz...................... +2

Please double check that in the end, those boosts posted on post#92, 99 and this post are all in for the FL and FR channel.

If you don't mind, I would like to see the final table shown on Rat so I can see that all the boosts are in fact typed in correctly.

After saving the new target curves back to the App, please open the file up and do some print screens of the new target curves for the subwoofer, FL and FR channels.

Here's one of earliest/simplest one:
My final one looks much more complicated but even this simple one would have been almost impossible to draw by hand, that is, without using Ratbuddyssey.

View attachment 49362
"If those were correct then you may as well remove those boosts and apply the same to the subwoofer channel and see what happens."-I still have the older RAT file with these...I can just use that and add the one's above.

But what about the new one's I added to the subs? Keep those?

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Thank you very much, everything looks right and your FR from 17 to 130 Hz is excellent now. It is never easy to do the same for the higher frequency and that's why I wanted you to focus on the subwoofer channel first.

You can definitely do better with the FL, C and FR but you may have to spend a lot more time on the mostly trial and error process.

One brute force sure way to tame the dips in the 130 to 250 Hz is to apply uniform cuts for the range 20 to 130 Hz by say 2 dB, so that relatively speaking the dips between 130 and 250 Hz would be less severe by the same amount, that is, 2 dB, or 3 dB if 3 dB cuts are made. That way you will have a flatter curve overall, its not something I would do though as it would just be for it to look better, not sounding better if you prefer the tilt up base between 20 and 130 Hz.

Again, your call to leave it alone and enjoy the music/movies or keep playing.

Last edited:
C

ciotime

Audioholic
Actually it should be me thanking you for going out of your way to help and providing me with all these numbers. I’ll check out first the new FR after these new figures and we’ll see what happens next.

C

ciotime

Audioholic
The newest FR with the added data for the FL/FR. Again FR NO smoothing while 3 seats FR is 1/12th smoothing.

July 25 FR.jpg
July 25 3 seats.jpg

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
With all of these tweaks, what does the full sweep look like now, Mains plus Subs 17-20kHz?

C

ciotime

Audioholic
With all of these tweaks, what does the full sweep look like now, Mains plus Subs 17-20kHz?
The biggest improvement is in the bass region...from 17hz to 120hz. From 350hz up no changes coz I limited the app to EQ only up to the Schroeder Freq which is around 350hz in my room.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
The biggest improvement is in the bass region...from 17hz to 120hz. From 350hz up no changes coz I limited the app to EQ only up to the Schroeder Freq which is around 350hz in my room.
Any change to the impulse and the spectral decay graphs?

C

ciotime

Audioholic
Any change to the impulse and the spectral decay graphs?
Hope these are the correct ones. The first and third images are from the past setup taken early this month. Don't really have an idea how to interpret the impulse and spectral decay graphs.

Impulse past.jpg
Impluse July 25.jpg
Decay past.jpg
spectral decay July 25.jpg

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Hope these are the correct ones. The first and third images are from the past setup taken early this month. Don't really have an idea how to interpret the impulse and spectral decay graphs.

View attachment 49383View attachment 49384View attachment 49385View attachment 49386
For the impulse graphs can you change the vertical axis to % please? You can then compare it with mine and the one TLSG posted earlier (the one that he said was not good, he has multiple systems..).

C

ciotime

Audioholic
Here's the Impulse from the newest setup

Impulse new A.jpg

This one from the early July setup

Impulse new B.jpg

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers