For those that care, justice was served.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
He was actually put on suicide watch after the first attempt.
He committed suicide (or whatever happened) the day after the suicide watch was discontinued.
I know that raises as many questions as it answers, but they did put him on suicide watch.
Of course it begs the question of what are the rules for discontinuing SW?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
He was actually put on suicide watch after the first attempt.
He committed suicide (or whatever happened) the day after the suicide watch was discontinued.
I know that raises as many questions as it answers, but they did put him on suicide watch.
Of course it begs the question of what are the rules for discontinuing SW?
I can't cite any sources, but I read a rumor that he was on watch and the cameras stopped working..? Sounds a little far fetched to me, but it's out there.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I can't cite any sources, but I read a rumor that he was on watch and the cameras stopped working..? Sounds a little far fetched to me, but it's out there.
There is certainly much uncertainty concerning his apparent suicide.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/11/nyregion/epstein-death-manhattan-correctional-center.html:

Jeffrey Epstein, the financier who hanged himself in a federal jail in Manhattan, was supposed to have been checked by guards every 30 minutes, but that procedure was not being followed the night before he was found, a law-enforcement official with knowledge of his detention said.​
In addition, the jail had transferred his cellmate and allowed Mr. Epstein to be housed alone in a cell just two weeks after he had been taken off suicide watch, a decision that also violated the jail’s normal procedure, two officials said.​
The disclosures about apparent failures in Mr. Epstein’s detention at the Metropolitan Correctional Center deepened questions about his suicide and are very likely to be the focus of inquiries by the Justice Department and the F.B.I.​
Officials cautioned that their initial findings about his detention were preliminary and could change.[my bold added]​
Here is an article (op-ed) going more into details about standard procedures with regards to suicide prevention: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/08/10/jeffrey-epsteins-apparent-suicide-is-unfathomable/

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
The Washington Post isn't likely to print anything that they can't back up, especially on a matter like this. That source has to be solid or else they open themselves up to all kinds of problems.
WP is, unfortunately, is not NPR or politico
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/06/20/horns-are-growing-young-peoples-skulls-phone-use-is-blame-research-suggests/
Also this heavy-handed clickbaity title:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2019/06/21/google-chrome-has-become-surveillance-software-its-time-switch/

Bloomberg was also caught with its editorials pants down after they embarrassed themselves with Supermicro "spy" chips story.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Bloomberg was also caught with its editorials pants down after they embarrassed themselves with Supermicro "spy" chips story.
The Bloomberg story was the dumbest technical story I've ever read. My staff server hardware engineer and I discussed it at length, and we both agreed it was incredibly unlikely that one could successfully insert a chip like the Bloomberg article described onto a server motherboard designed without it. The story was proven a hoax by independent experts, and it cost Bloomberg advertising dollars from several affected companies, including Amazon and Apple. I'm surprised SuperMicro didn't sue them for billions.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
The Bloomberg story was the dumbest technical story I've ever read. My staff server hardware engineer and I discussed it at length, and we both agreed it was incredibly unlikely that one could successfully insert a chip like the Bloomberg article described onto a server motherboard designed without it. The story was proven a hoax by independent experts, and it cost Bloomberg advertising dollars from several affected companies, including Amazon and Apple. I'm surprised SuperMicro didn't sue them for billions.
That's the massive downside for non-technical people. They have no clue how this stuff works and just read things as truth because it comes from a "reputable" source on the internet.

I've seen tons of "articles" posted here (other threads, maybe this one) from sites that are clearly just making things up, or are so heavily biased one way or another nothing they say can be taken as truth in any way, but people flock to these sites because they pander to their audience. They may contain facts, but they put them forth in a way that makes what's real very different from what was reported as "news".

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
That's the massive downside for non-technical people. They have no clue how this stuff works and just read things as truth because it comes from a "reputable" source on the internet.

I've seen tons of "articles" posted here (other threads, maybe this one) from sites that are clearly just making things up, or are so heavily biased one way or another nothing they say can be taken as truth in any way, but people flock to these sites because they pander to their audience. They may contain facts, but they put them forth in a way that makes what's real very different from what was reported as "news".
Wait, surely you are not saying that the audio press can sometimes stretch the truth regarding technical and scientific aspects of our beloved hobby? Nonsense!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

Sounds like audio press...

Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Wait, surely you are not saying that the audio press can sometimes stretch the truth regarding technical and scientific aspects of our beloved hobby? Nonsense!
No. Never. We all know those guys have the most accurate moral compass...

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Personally I'm glad the bastard is dead. Also saves the taxpayers some money for his upkeep in prison.

Well, yes but, Not everything in his memory of operations, who was involved or the big names being served are on paper. Now, it is all lost. Hard evidence lost.

highfigh

highfigh

""I've known Jeff for 15 years. Terrific guy. He's a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side."

"...women were lured directly into sex trafficking from Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort, with one woman claiming Epstein's then-girlfriend recruited her for prostitution as a 15-year-old when she worked as a locker-room attendant at the resort."

source
I can't imagine having a daughter working as a locker room attendant at the age of 15. Is that even legal?

highfigh

highfigh

Well, yes but, Not everything in his memory of operations, who was involved or the big names being served are on paper. Now, it is all lost. Hard evidence lost.
I was watching the news and they talked about the victims having a year to file any claims against the estate. Don't know if it's true but hopefully, they'll get something to help. It still isn't justice- He needed to spend time dealing with what he did and suffering, for a long time. If that meant strapping him down and using a feeding tube, so be it.

highfigh

highfigh

There is certainly much uncertainty concerning his apparent suicide.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/11/nyregion/epstein-death-manhattan-correctional-center.html:

Jeffrey Epstein, the financier who hanged himself in a federal jail in Manhattan, was supposed to have been checked by guards every 30 minutes, but that procedure was not being followed the night before he was found, a law-enforcement official with knowledge of his detention said.​
In addition, the jail had transferred his cellmate and allowed Mr. Epstein to be housed alone in a cell just two weeks after he had been taken off suicide watch, a decision that also violated the jail’s normal procedure, two officials said.​
The disclosures about apparent failures in Mr. Epstein’s detention at the Metropolitan Correctional Center deepened questions about his suicide and are very likely to be the focus of inquiries by the Justice Department and the F.B.I.​
Officials cautioned that their initial findings about his detention were preliminary and could change.[my bold added]​
Here is an article (op-ed) going more into details about standard procedures with regards to suicide prevention: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/08/10/jeffrey-epsteins-apparent-suicide-is-unfathomable/
30 minute intervals? A lot of people could be killed in 30 minutes.

NY Suicide watch seems similar in effectiveness to NY life saving technique- the person who's there to help shoves the person on ground with a foot and says "Get up, before you effing die!".

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
30 minute intervals? A lot of people could be killed in 30 minutes.

NY Suicide watch seems similar in effectiveness to NY life saving technique- the person who's there to help shoves the person on ground with a foot and says "Get up, before you effing die!".
The 30 minutes intervals was after he was taken off suicide watch. If you read my second link you'll see what suicide watch entails at that prison.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis