Firearms discussion - hardware only, no politics

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
That's a beautiful gun, RJ. Is that the one that you sold a little while ago?
This is the unit that was given to me by the late Col. Jeff Cooper. One of the last things he did before he passed away was give me permission to sell it to pay for my medical expenses...and I didn't even know he was dying in the hospital when he dictated the letter to me. What a fine man he was!!

TheFactor

TheFactor

Audioholic Field Marshall
Has anybody had a chance to shoot one of the Glocks chambered in .45GAP?
I currently own a Glock 32 and was thinking about picking up the smaller Glock 33. I'm really a fan of good ol' .45ACP, but the Glock 39 has me thinking a different route.

The .357SIG ammo that the Glock 32/33 are chambered in can be tough to find. One of the main reasons I like .45ACP. It's probably just as tough to find .45GAP ammo, though.

But it does have it's appeal to me for carry.

I'd personally stick with 45ACP but thats just my op . I've had many Glocks, 10mm, 45ACP, 9MM . although my personal favorite the 40cal in the model 22 and 27sweet shooters . I always like to have my ammo matching my backup weapon
and my mags from my glock 22 40cal will fit in my glock 27 . If you start carrying different ammo and two different guns at once you might get confused in a food fight ;) j/k but in a stressed situation it gives less to have to think about . Just my 2 cents :) p.s I think the .357 sig is like a bottle necked 357 or 40cal not sure but its a very fast round . But a 45acp is slower but there like flying ashtrays ;) 45 acp or the 40cal FTW:D and 10mm for a backup if your going bear hunting :cool: Im pretty sure you can just swap out the barrels on the glock 22 40 cal with a 357sig barrel and still use the same mags and you can have a 40 and 357 in one gun but the barrels are 2 or 300 bucks I think :confused:

Last edited:
majorloser

majorloser

It's not like I'd carry all three at the same time......:rolleyes:

I was just reading some of the facts on the .45GAP and was curious. I still like the .357 SIG. It shoot quite well. It's basically a .40 necked down to 9mm. I actually use some of the .40 magazines since they are the same thing and easier to find.

But I always liked .45 ACP. It's like throwing a brick out the end of the small officers frame. I've tricked out my Double Eagle to handle +P rounds. Those come out the end of that small barrel with a ball of flame. :D

TheFactor

TheFactor

Nice lol My first gun many years ago was S&W 357 model 686 I beleive and that shot 2 feet blue and purple flames out of the barrel when going threw some magnum rounds, a nice light show :p I think you could barbecue marshmallows to if ya wanted .

majorloser

majorloser

How about the Glock 18?

That mag has to be a pain to conceal, though. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
TheFactor

TheFactor

UH YA :rolleyes: Although I must say that gun has a set of balls atleast thats what the mags look like :D I think if you need to reload after going threw all those rounds, how many shots you can fire without reloading wont help or matter, may I suggest a grenade launcher ;) Nice find btw that glock rocks : )

TheFactor

TheFactor

Bet you could fry a egg on the slide after going threw all those rounds :p

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I think if you need to reload after going threw all those rounds, how many shots you can fire without reloading wont help or matter...
No kidding! A buddy of mine once said something similar that made sense to me. I was talking about the idea of it taking time to grab my second mag for my Baretta out of the safe when I grabbed the gun in case of a break-in, and he just said if I ever need to reload my Baretta inside my house, I'm in a bad situation. Word.

TheFactor

TheFactor

No kidding! A buddy of mine once said something similar that made sense to me. I was talking about the idea of it taking time to grab my second mag for my Baretta out of the safe when I grabbed the gun in case of a break-in, and he just said if I ever need to reload my Baretta inside my house, I'm in a bad situation. Word.
LOL So true, they say most confrontations will from around 3 or 4 feet away with only 2 or 3 rounds fired .

unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
Anyone had any experience with Tannerite? I ran across a thread about it on another forum. This looks like fun. Im considering getting some for the July 4th celebration. http://www.tannerite.com/

Lots of youtube videos on it......very impressive!!!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis