Finally coming together

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
Go split screen and watch Adam and YAA's webcam and Bryce's at the same time. You'll feel better immediately*.

*May feel sicker immediately depending on which webcam you happen to be looking at, at any given moment.

I thought Adam was on his way to your place. A deal is a deal. I'm tuned into fuzz.tv right now. You're looking good! Lost weight?

Edit: just saw the YAA part. It's nice you're letting Adam take half ownership of your cam.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I thought Adam was on his way to your place. A deal is a deal. I'm tuned into fuzz.tv right now. You're looking good! Lost weight?
Actually yes. The flu is the best way ever to lose weight ;)

In all seriousness I lost probably 10lbs in a little over a week from the flu.

I am not complaining :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Moved some things around again. Now I have the Source Technology 8.3's as my front L/R and the Phil's pulling surround duty. Hopefully no one from the Phil thread sees these pics :eek:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Dude, you have multi-thousand dollar towers as your surround speakers?

I could just punch in the b***s right now.

:D

(That grin doubles as me smiling and being green from envy.)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Dude, you have multi-thousand dollar towers as your surround speakers?

I could just punch in the b***s right now.

:D

(That grin doubles as me smiling and being green from envy.)
Haha pretty darn sweet. I know most guys say that you shouldn't have towers as your surrounds monopole speakers as your surrounds because they're too directional, but I fixed that problem by just putting some bi-pole speakers on top of them. Best of both worlds :D:D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Haha pretty darn sweet. I know most guys say that you shouldn't have towers as your surrounds monopole speakers as your surrounds because they're too directional, but I fixed that problem by just putting some bi-pole speakers on top of them. Best of both worlds :D:D
I use monopoles and thoroughly enjoy them. Wait - that's NOT what I meant! :mad: :eek: :D

My NHTs are directional, but I want that. One of the big things about Dolby Digital (and now the newer codecs) was going to full-range stereo in the surround channels and allowing localization. At least, that's my take on it.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I use monopoles and thoroughly enjoy them. Wait - that's NOT what I meant! :mad: :eek: :D

My NHTs are directional, but I want that. One of the big things about Dolby Digital (and now the newer codecs) was going to full-range stereo in the surround channels and allowing localization. At least, that's my take on it.
I feel like I remember reading that somewhere as well. I have to say, when I had the RC4's hooked up by themselves as surround channels (the bi-poles) they imaged much much better than I thought they would. I was very impressed with them.

What I am jealous of is that your room is a lot bigger than mine so you can actually place your speakers in the spots they're supposed to be.

I'm not touching that first statement, literally or figuratively :eek: :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Source Technology 8.3's

Top to bottom:1m on axis, L from LP, R from LP, Averaged

All with 1/12 smoothing

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
You have more speaker at the back of the room then you do the front by my counting 6 in total

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
You have more speaker at the back of the room then you do the front by my counting 6 in total
That is correct. I chose to set up the RC4's (the small one's on top of the Phil's) as wide channels instead of height channels because I don't like how the height channels messes with my soundstage.

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
That is correct. I chose to set up the RC4's (the small one's on top of the Phil's) as wide channels instead of height channels because I don't like how the height channels messes with my soundstage.
No joke I was siting at a mates place the other day and his height surround sound fell on my head :( not only did the wreck the movie I had to go to the emergency room as well

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
No joke I was siting at a mates place the other day and his height surround sound fell on my head :( not only did the wreck the movie I had to go to the emergency room as well
Not quite what I meant LOL

However, not a bad reason for not using height channels either :D

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
Not quite what I meant LOL

However, not a bad reason for not using height channels either :D
Hurt my head he now has stands right behiend the couch and off to the left and right of it watch one of them will fall on me now,
I'd rather have no heights cause that Hurt my head :(

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Hurt my head he now has stands right behiend the couch and off to the left and right of it watch one of them will fall on me now,
I'd rather have no heights cause that Hurt my head :(
Roger that. I do enjoy the wides though.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis