Status
Not open for further replies.
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
So, progressive Dems believe their party has sold out to the right, while Republicans will claim Biden will be beholden to the "radical left". Which is it?

From the article- “I feel like I’ve been abandoned by my party.”

Welcome to America. Even 30% of independents in the CBS poll indicated that the number of COVID deaths is acceptable. Can we have a fourth party?

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
old pimp like I use to be, I'll make out just fine. :D all you gotta do, just leave the money on the nightstand. Never talk price, 1 wink, 100 bucks. She winks back 1 time good to go. She winks back 2 times, price to low. you wink back 3 times and she doesn't wink back? she is a Cop. really Never Ever talk price, she a street hooker more than likely you will catch a STD or you'll get Handcuffs slapped on you.
You're really talking outside my area of expertise now.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
So, the definition of 'relative' eludes you?
So, you either don't understand that 'relative' needs a reference or it's pretty meaningless, but considering your post I'll just assume that your 'relative' is to the Radical Right where your 'center' is.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
So, you either don't understand that 'relative' needs a reference or it's pretty meaningless, but considering your post I'll just assume that your 'relative' is to the Radical Right where your 'center' is.
so, your 'center' is the Radical Left ? both useless as tits on a Bull ........

highfigh

highfigh

I didn't need to be specific.

highfigh

highfigh

On the mail-in voting issue:
It is wrong to require people to go through the normal voting procedures given the ramifications of Covid-19. Depending on the individuals health, this is risking their life to vote. I have a friend who is 92 and is by all appearances, and talking to him, in great health; but he certainly looks at Covid 19 as something not to play Russian Roulette with.

However, if the concern is so great over fraud with mail-in ballots, it seems like some variation of dedicated ballot drop boxes at the same schools/churches run similar to the way the drive-through/walk-through Covid-19 testing is done. A group of people more familiar could work it out; but, for example, I might imagine a sheet of plastic with a hole for passing ID back and forth (or the owner could display it through the hole while the poll worked verified it) and then handing the completed ballot to the worker and the voter watches it go through scanner and put into secure box for paper backup. (I assume they use scanners, but however it is done, this does not seem hard if the current administration wanted to do it - you could have the same checks currently used indoors being done outside.
A little more interesting, it seems like ATM's could easily be adapted to record person holding up ID, posing for face pic, and deposit ballot. Probably couldn't happen this year, but I could see it as the future of voting!
Why is it 'wrong'? If doing something puts someone at high risk of illness, death, etc, it's prudent for them to avoid it and this is a great example of why someone might use an absentee ballot. It's for people who can't or shouldn't vote in person but as long as enough space is allowed for healthy people to go in and if they don't need to stay for too long, the risk would be about the same as going to a grocery store, the post office, etc.

As I have posted, some places (like Milwaukee) have had years of problems with mailed-in ballots and even paper ballots that were being transported. I don't know why the process hasn't been standardized here- it makes no sense. The place where I vote has paper ballots that are fed into machines that count the votes, then boxed for recount. I haven't voted at another location in almost 25 years, so I haven't seen them personally, but when I see news reports and they show the polling places, I don't see the machines.

"The current administration" has nothing to do with how ballots are counted- it's up to the states to decide. Remember the hanging chads in the 2000 election? That wouldn't happen where I vote, but it may still be possible elsewhere.

You want people to hold up an ID, yet places like Wisconsin have been wrangling over exactly that for years- some want it and they're called 'racist', told that it would disenfranchise people from voting. This is bullcrap- anyone who drives legally has a license, others are required to have a state ID. Anyone collecting government benefits needs an ID, as does anyone trying to open a bank account, buy liquor, cash a check, members of the military, etc.

highfigh

highfigh

So, progressive Dems believe their party has sold out to the right, while Republicans will claim Biden will be beholden to the "radical left". Which is it?

It's all about perception. That's the reason for conspiracy theories, violent protests, much of life. How people react is up to them.

highfigh

highfigh

old pimp like I use to be, I'll make out just fine. :D all you gotta do, just leave the money on the nightstand. Never talk price, 1 wink, 100 bucks. She winks back 1 time good to go. She winks back 2 times, price to low. you wink back 3 times and she doesn't wink back? she is a Cop. really Never Ever talk price, she a street hooker more than likely you will catch a STD or you'll get Handcuffs slapped on you.
What if someone has an eye that blinks involuntarily?

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
It's all about perception. That's the reason for conspiracy theories, violent protests, much of life. How people react is up to them.
The truth, as it often turns out, is probably lost somewhere in the middle.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
I watched the Democrats Virtual show the other night. Well I'm watching the Republicans turn with their virtual time on TV. Trumps wife is on with hey pitch of the American dream. Just like The Democrats Obamas wife pitching her American dream.
Michelle Obama hated being in the White House she even Snuck out wearing a hoodie to go shopping. Now Trumps wife, you can tell is reading off a Telepromp. She turns her head to the right reads turns her head to the left reads looks straightahead reads. Than starts all over, Center, Right, Left. Thought I was watching a tennis match. I can not with a Clear conscience vote for either one of those candidates. One Party wants to save the soul of the country, the other party wants to make America great again. I didn't vote for Trump or Hillary, You guys can vote for Uncle Trump or Sleepy Joe. I didn't vote for Obama or McCain. and I'm sure as hell not voting for those two running now.
I got you fam.
1598438511122.png

highfigh

highfigh

I watched the Democrats Virtual show the other night. Well I'm watching the Republicans turn with their virtual time on TV. Trumps wife is on with hey pitch of the American dream. Just like The Democrats Obamas wife pitching her American dream.
Michelle Obama hated being in the White House she even Snuck out wearing a hoodie to go shopping. Now Trumps wife, you can tell is reading off a Telepromp. She turns her head to the right reads turns her head to the left reads looks straightahead reads. Than starts all over, Center, Right, Left. Thought I was watching a tennis match. I can not with a Clear conscience vote for either one of those candidates. One Party wants to save the soul of the country, the other party wants to make America great again. I didn't vote for Trump or Hillary, You guys can vote for Uncle Trump or Sleepy Joe. I didn't vote for Obama or McCain. and I'm sure as hell not voting for those two running now.
Have you ever spoken in front of that many people? Some are more at ease at a podium than others- this isn't the same as speaking in the Rose Garden to a small group of reporters.

Maybe there was a hot guy in the audience......you know, there's a fine line between making eye contact and the piercing gaze of a psychopath.

highfigh

highfigh

The truth, as it often turns out, is probably lost somewhere in the middle.
That's right, unless people in the same club are arguing over the fine points and can't seem to find that middle ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis