Status
Not open for further replies.
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Ah, but voting at all means you're actually voting for someone and the positions that they hold.
When we vote for the least of 2 evils, we still end up voting for evil, and in a country as good as this one, that should never be the only choice besides not voting at all.
The only thing that could fix this type of voting is for better candidates to come forward. Until then, we're just voting for one turd to stay in office or to replace another turd who isn't doing the job needed by the people.

highfigh

highfigh

WRT something as important as an election, why would anyone mail their ballot close to election day? That makes no sense and it would be similar to sending their tax return at midnight on April 15th. I doubt most people will change their mind by then, so why not mail it closer to the beginning of the time allowed?

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
The only thing that could fix this type of voting is for better candidates to come forward. Until then, we're just voting for one turd to stay in office or to replace another turd who isn't doing the job needed by the people.
So which turd are you voting for? Inquiring minds want to know.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Ah, but voting at all means you're actually voting for someone and the positions that they hold.
When we vote for the least of 2 evils, we still end up voting for evil, and in a country as good as this one, that should never be the only choice besides not voting at all.
I would never consider either of these guys "evil".
IMHO, Trump is a sociopath bereft of ideology. Certainly he does things that are evil in nature, but because he thinks/hopes these things will make him a winner, not because he has an evil core!
I see Biden as a mainstream politician with at least some good intent. I consider him a good candidate, but I am not excited about him. Then again, I think we need "calm and steady" and Biden fits!

But my point in saying that I am voting against Trump is to highlight the fact that I see this election much more as a means to get rid of Trump, and I would vote for any of the Democratic Presidential Primary candidates over him.
For me the upcoming election is a referendum on Trump. My enthusiasm is driven not by having Biden as my champion, but by removing Trump from a position where he represents/directs the USA!

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
So in the last Republican Presidential Primary (this year doesn't really count), was there not a single republican that you thought was a "better candidate"?
I think part of the problem is even if a better candidate comes forward, we cannot depend on the public to vote for him (or her). I think most of Trump's appeal was the idea of an outsider coming in and eliminating the corruption in DC politics. Amazingly, his base believes he has actually done that. I feel like it just swapped the style of the corruption.
I actually felt like I was choosing between two desirable candidates between McCain and Obama! Neither was so self-absorbed as Trump! I was leaning towards McCain because of his record of independent decisions and integrity. Palin ruined his viability from my perspective. She was all show and no substance.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

So in the last Republican Presidential Primary (this year doesn't really count), was there not a single republican that you thought was a "better candidate"?
I think part of the problem is even if a better candidate comes forward, we cannot depend on the public to vote for him (or her). I think most of Trump's appeal was the idea of an outsider coming in and eliminating the corruption in DC politics. Amazingly, his base believes he has actually done that. I feel like it just swapped the style of the corruption.
I actually felt like I was choosing between two desirable candidates between McCain and Obama! Neither was so self-absorbed as Trump! I was leaning towards McCain because of his record independent decisions and integrity. Palin ruined his viability from my perspective. She was all show and no substance.
Why are you putting this on me? If I write in a name, what happens? They on't be elected, but if enough write-in, maybe the parties will get the message that we don't like ANY of the candidates.

I'd like to see an election outcome of 3-2 for the main parties and 135 million for various write-in candidates. The D and R parties need to yank their heads out of their collective asses.

Palin was forced on McCain- the parties need to work with the candidates as a group, not as parents setting up their kids with a date for a dance or a new kid for a play date.

The whole thing is sickening.

highfigh

highfigh

I would never consider either of these guys "evil".
IMHO, Trump is a sociopath bereft of ideology. Certainly he does things that are evil in nature, but because he thinks/hopes these things will make him a winner, not because he has an evil core!
I see Biden as a mainstream politician with at least some good intent. I consider him a good candidate, but I am not excited about him. Then again, I think we need "calm and steady" and Biden fits!

But my point in saying that I am voting against Trump is to highlight the fact that I see this election much more as a means to get rid of Trump, and I would vote for any of the Democratic Presidential Primary candidates over him.
For me the upcoming election is a referendum on Trump. My enthusiasm is driven not by having Biden as my champion, but by removing Trump from a position where he represents/directs the USA!
OK, if Biden is calm and steady, what is Harris? Certainly not a middle of the road candidate- listen to what she said about Biden in the debates and look at her record before Congress.

highfigh

highfigh

So which turd are you voting for? Inquiring minds want to know.
I was going to write something, but it was kinda nasty, so I'll let it slide. Honestly, there's no candidate for me.

highfigh

highfigh

Congress needs a complete reset and whoever runs for the empty seats needs to understand and agree to the idea that they work for us, not the other way around and they certainly aren't special. Those positions are supposed to be for serving the public, not making their own wealth grow.

I think that if we had a functioning Congress, the office of POTUS could be held by almost anyone but we need far less angry and hateful people in those seats.

This link proves that the country has shifted to the Left and the general public is less intelligent than even last year.

This one shows that it has been more than ten years since the approval rating exceeded 30%-

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
My dad, a conservative from NY now in the Midwest (red state), broke with the republican path due to Trump. Hilary was his first Non R vote for president. He has already decided to vote against Trump again.

Not giving the vote to one of the two candidates is not a protest; it is an abdication of your civic right and ability to sway the Electoral College. If you want to protest Trump, do whatever you can to help his opponent win. A write in for Romney or Bobo the Labradoodle is akin to supporting Trump!
Sane as allowing Kanye to participate as a spoiler candidate with Republican support (in hopes of funneling the Black and <30 vote away from Biden). He has been an outspoken Trump supporter in the past.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Congress needs a complete reset and whoever runs for the empty seats needs to understand and agree to the idea that they work for us, not the other way around and they certainly aren't special. Those positions are supposed to be for serving the public, not making their own wealth grow.

I think that if we had a functioning Congress, the office of POTUS could be held by almost anyone but we need far less angry and hateful people in those seats.
:snicker: The problem here is, of course, that the G.O.P. Long-time Democratic incumbent have been unseated in primaries with persons of the light left (Social Democrats in EU parlance) while G.O.P. incumbent have been replaced with QAnon adherents spewing rasist hate, so why don't you take "both-side-ism" and shove it up your arse?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
:snicker: The problem here is, of course, that the G.O.P. Long-time Democratic incumbent have been unseated in primaries with persons of the light left (Social Democrats in EU parlance) while G.O.P. incumbent have been replaced with QAnon adherents spewing rasist hate, so why don't you take "both-side-ism" and shove it up your arse?
This too is true.
There is of course numerous steps missing in the process of resetting the government.

Not least of which is remembering that we are all humans living together.
It's sad that half of the Christians I have known are of the social conservative bent which includes all too often with white nationalistic behavior, marginalizing women, etc. The other half are pretty cool, down to earth folk, regardless of their individual political mindset.

Alas...
We all, in a largely general sense, act as if our own countries must only and fully abide by our own mindset, regardless of how askew that might be. The end result has become an almost Mob rule of each party where the party becomes an echo chamber of the loudest scream: (ie NRA, Evangelicals, 1% (on one side).

*sighs

This is not something that can be solved in one post, for either side of a 2-party democratic republic. :confused:

highfigh

highfigh

Next time you have a thought. let it pass.

I don't like the candidates on either side and if your attention span was greater than that of a thumbtack, you would remember that I have posted comments that the extremes of both side should pound sand and let someone else get something done.

Too bad we don't have a 'screw you' rating.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
I was going to write something, but it was kinda nasty, so I'll let it slide. Honestly, there's no candidate for me.
Feel free to let your freak fly.

Its not like anyone will think any less of you.

Simple really, Biden vs. Trump.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Next time you have a thought. let it pass.

I don't like the candidates on either side and if your attention span was greater than that of a thumbtack, you would remember that I have posted comments that the extremes of both side should pound sand and let someone else get something done.

Too bad we don't have a 'screw you' rating.
Wow, look who is attempting to "talk" :rolleyes:

Edit: Yet you again failed to actually address the issue, but as we all know you where always a Never-
Trumper until recently. Or was it before or now? Really hard to tell with people like you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis