Favorite sounding live albums.

Fuego

Fuego

Enthusiast
These are my favorite sounding live albums at the moment. What are yours?
[video=youtube;OjPrcRjN0VM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjPrcRjN0VM[/video]
[video=youtube;URSHcAbqeKs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URSHcAbqeKs[/video]

JohnnieB

JohnnieB

Senior Audioholic
Big Head Todd and the Monsters. Live album sounds better than the studio cuts.

M

Maudio

Enthusiast
I think that live albums often times are the must successful in terms of playing and sound.
the three albums mentioned above are also among my favorites. I shall post my top 3 later.

M

Maudio

Enthusiast
These 2 hi-res flac downloads and one CD all belong in the category,'' I can't believe this is live!'' Yet if one listens closely it is exactly why these downloads sounds so good. There is an immediacy and a cohesiveness to the playing and the sound that I generally do not hear in studio recordings.

The Batik album ''The Old Man and the Sea'' featuring ECM recording artist Wolfert Brederode, here with fellow Dutch musicians, is maybe the best and best sounding album so far from this very talented pianist/composer. The sound stage of this album is maybe the best of these 3 albums, very precise image, one can '' see '' the band performing, especially when wearing good headphones.
Sound Liaison Music Shop

[video=youtube;u35c-p-tSqU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u35c-p-tSqU[/video]

Keith Jarrett is a master of the live recording and this album is keeping up his and ECM's usual high standard.
URL]

The grand old master Ahmad Jamal who has made his share of great live recordings the last 60! years is still going strong and still developing his concept of space and time. This album sounds fresh and full of life. And the 2 albums above would probaly have sounded very different had this musicians musician never decided to make playing the piano his mission in life.
[video=youtube;gOAepSLbohs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOAepSLbohs[/video]

Paudio

Paudio

Junior Audioholic
Keith Jarrett/Jan Garbarek Sleeper

Video is from a different consert;

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
The whole album "it's easier to be somebody else" has a live off the floor sound, and it's fantastic.

SheepStar

Paudio

Paudio

Junior Audioholic
These are my favorite sounding live albums at the moment. What are yours?
[video=youtube;[MEDIA=youtube]OjPrcRjN0VM[/MEDIA][/video]
[video=youtube;URSHcAbqeKs]

Very good indeed!!!

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
Crazy. I was just listening to Roger Waters "In the Flesh" on SACD last night. I love that recording.

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
Crazy. I was just listening to Roger Waters "In the Flesh" on SACD last night. I love that recording.
I've seen that show and many other Floyd shows.

This was no joke, 11th row. Had to step back a little to take this picture.

Paudio

Paudio

Junior Audioholic
These 2 hi-res flac downloads and one CD all belong in the category,'' I can't believe this is live!'' Yet if one listens closely it is exactly why these downloads sounds so good. There is an immediacy and a cohesiveness to the playing and the sound that I generally do not hear in studio recordings.

The Batik album ''The Old Man and the Sea'' featuring ECM recording artist Wolfert Brederode, here with fellow Dutch musicians, is maybe the best and best sounding album so far from this very talented pianist/composer. The sound stage of this album is maybe the best of these 3 albums, very precise image, one can '' see '' the band performing, especially when wearing good headphones.
Sound Liaison Music Shop

[video=youtube;u35c-p-tSqU]

Keith Jarrett is a master of the live recording and this album is keeping up his and ECM's usual high standard.
URL]

The grand old master Ahmad Jamal who has made his share of great live recordings the last 60! years is still going strong and still developing his concept of space and time. This album sounds fresh and full of life. And the 2 albums above would probaly have sounded very different had this musicians musician never decided to make playing the piano his mission in life.
I agree completely. Ahmad changed not only the way of playing the piano, but the sound of jazz.
And he is still going strong;

chateaubriand

chateaubriand

Audiophyte
Jimmy Page and the Black Crowes Live at the Greek sounds pretty damned good. Also Keith Jarret the Köln concert

Paudio

Paudio

Junior Audioholic
this is really impressive.;
Celibidache frequently refused to release his performances on commercial recordings during his lifetime claiming that a listener could not obtain a "transcendental experience" outside of the concert hall. Many of the recordings of his performances were released posthumously. Nonetheless, he earned international acclaim for celebrated interpretations of classical musicrepertoire and was known for a spirited performance style informed by his study and experiences in Zen Buddhism.

Paudio

Paudio

Junior Audioholic

Sound Liaison Music Shop

[video=youtube;u35c-p-tSqU]

URL]

Ahmad Jamal made a string of live albums with a great sound.
This was his great trio with Israel Crosby and Vernel Fournier.

Paudio

Paudio

Junior Audioholic
This is my latest acquisition, minimalist recording technique but major sound, as if seated right in front of the bass player, this has everything a live recording should have.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis