Favorite sounding live albums.

D

dodgers831

Audioholic Intern

For a you-r-there presentation and clean sound, look no further than the remastered (Bob Ludwig) reissue, especially disc 2. Guaranteed to get you toe-tapping, head-banging or all out dancin.

Fuego

Fuego

Enthusiast
This is my latest acquisition, minimalist recording technique but major sound, as if seated right in front of the bass player, this has everything a live recording should have.
I think Tony Overwater's sound is gorgeous. Track 5 ''Silence'' shows how much he has been influenced by the late Charlie Haden.

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
image.jpg
Speaking of Charlie Haden.. Love the Jasmine album (ECM) with Keith Jarrett Is fabulous IMO
Cheers, Mac
Ok.. Not live but sure had the feeling.. Also Nocturne, sublime!

Last edited:
macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
image.jpg
Here's an old favorite I've had on vinyl for 30 years or so:

Paudio

Paudio

Junior Audioholic
These 2 hi-res flac downloads and one CD all belong in the category,'' I can't believe this is live!'' Yet if one listens closely it is exactly why these downloads sounds so good. There is an immediacy and a cohesiveness to the playing and the sound that I generally do not hear in studio recordings.

The Batik album ''The Old Man and the Sea'' featuring ECM recording artist Wolfert Brederode, here with fellow Dutch musicians, is maybe the best and best sounding album so far from this very talented pianist/composer. The sound stage of this album is maybe the best of these 3 albums, very precise image, one can '' see '' the band performing, especially when wearing good headphones.
Sound Liaison Music Shop

[video=youtube;u35c-p-tSqU]

Keith Jarrett is a master of the live recording and this album is keeping up his and ECM's usual high standard.
URL]

The grand old master Ahmad Jamal who has made his share of great live recordings the last 60! years is still going strong and still developing his concept of space and time. This album sounds fresh and full of life. And the 2 albums above would probaly have sounded very different had this musicians musician never decided to make playing the piano his mission in life.
[video=youtube;gOAepSLbohs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOAepSLbohs[/video]
Good making of video here from the recording session of the Batik album.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Too bad,I was too late, they have blogged it. Anywhere else where I can watch it ?
Sorry just saw your post. Here is some of it, but the SQ is not as good:
You can pickup the Bluray or DVD Elvis That's The Way It Is on amazon for a good used price. Sound steller on a 5.1 system for sure.
http://www.amazon.com/Elvis-Thats-Way-Special-Edition/dp/B000053V7Q

http://www.amazon.com/Elvis-Thats-Way-Special-Blu-ray/dp/B00JVFZR1M/ref=sr_1_3?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1440451588&sr=1-3&keywords=Elvis:+That's+the+Way+It+Is

Paudio

Paudio

Junior Audioholic
Howard Hewitt does a great version of that song. I heard it from him first, although I was too young so I did not know it by AWB.
A lot of people where confused when they first came to the US. ''They look very white for a black band!''

D

Diesel57

Full Audioholic
These are my favorite sounding live albums at the moment. What are yours?
[video=youtube;OjPrcRjN0VM]
[video=youtube;URSHcAbqeKs]
Peter Gran

Peter Frampton Live:Do You Feel Like I Do

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I have the David Gilmour live at the royal albert hall Remember that Night Blu-ray and it's pretty fantastic. Although I don't think his solo stuff or Pink Floyd without Roger are all that great...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis