Favorite Cover Songs and Why?

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
This thread deserves one Blues Brothers remake. This is my favorite of quite a few.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Dan Hicks recorded "I Scare Myself" in 1969:

Thomas Dolby does a really nice cover:

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
This thread deserves one Blues Brothers remake. This is my favorite of quite a few.

Everything the Blues Brothers did was pretty much a cover. ;) Rawhide was a good one!

My favorite is their cover of this Taj Mahal cut, She Caught The Katy:

Shake a Tailfeather, Minnie the Moocher, Peter Gunn Theme.... :D

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Back to 80s punk...Bad Brains "Kick out the Jams" featuring Henry Rollins from Black Flag..Picture of Johnny Cash is an extra treat....

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Any Aretha, Norah, Sam Cooke or Elvis Presley covers. Those gals/guys made it there own.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I love this one

I saw Evanescence do this live and I was actually impressed This one is poor quality, but it was the best one I could find. One of my favorite Soundgarden songs and Chris was still alive at the time.

I had not heard this one actually. Not exactly a cover, but cool

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I love this one

I saw Evanescence do this live and I was actually impressed This one is poor quality, but it was the best one I could find. One of my favorite Soundgarden songs and Chris was still alive at the time.

I had not heard this one actually. Not exactly a cover, but cool
I did t know Amy did a Nirvana cover! That was pretty cool.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Dan Hicks recorded "I Scare Myself" in 1969:

Thomas Dolby does a really nice cover:
Big Dan Hicks fan myself (attended his 70th bday party at Davies Symphony Hall, too). Great song and do like Thomas Robertson's cover myself. But I'll generally just find one of my various versions from Hicks himself....

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Saw these guys do this live. They opened for Tom Morello on the Atlas Underground tour. When they played this, the crowd went crazy

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
So my friend Mer Sal teamed up with Scott Kinsey, and their cover of Steely Dan Time Out of Mind is pretty hot.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis