Fall out from Covid 19. Concerts Without an Audience!

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Coronavirus Covid 19 is upending everything including the concert schedules. The Philadelphia orchestra got the directive they could not fill their concert hall for yesterday's concert. They decided to stream it live without audience. It streamed via Facebook Live. The concert was Beethoven Nos. 5 and 6. It was a "white heat concert" and thrilling. Certainly one of the best, if not the best No. 5 I ever heard. The picture and sound were superb. There was wonderful imaging and perspective of the audio, with the effect of the brass coming from the back over the strings.

I have paid for my "ticket" on the honor system. I felt this was important as this crisis in my estimation will do great damage to our Orchestras' finances which are permanently on a "banana peel."

The concert has been put up on line this evening for viewing by anyone.

The Minnesota Orchestra also performed in Orchestra Hall tonight without an audience. It was broadcast by MPR which broadcasts all their concerts. However the quality is nowhere near other sites and there is only audio, no picture.

I think all concerts are going to be cancelled for a while as artists are not going to put themselves at risk globe trotting to the time being I suspect.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
The Metropolitan Opera cancelled Saturday's performance of Wagner's of Der Fliegende Holländer. Moreover, all performances scheduled until March 31st have been cancelled.

The Orchestre symphonique de Montréal was scheduled to present its last performance with Kent Nagano directing at Carnegie Hall. That was also cancelled. Nagano decided not to renew his contract with the orchestra and that was planned several years ago.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Philharmonic Berlin has also closed and is offering a free concert:

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
We were supposed to see Dead Can Dance up in DC next month. Hasn't been cancelled yet, but I'm just waiting for the word.

I hope I get another chance in the future.

I'm bummed but not ballistic about it like some sports fans. Right now there are a lot of people who wish the worst fallout in their lives from CV was a missed concert. First World problems.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
We were supposed to see Dead Can Dance up in DC next month. Hasn't been cancelled yet, but I'm just waiting for the word.

I'm bummed but not ballistic about it like some sports fans. Right now there are a lot of people who wish the worst fallout in their lives from CV was a missed concert. First World problems.
One of my all time top 5 (top 2?) bands- I hope you get to see them!

That being said, what a freakin’ awesome and appropriate name for a band right now!:eek:

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja

Wait until bars, restaurants, and theaters get closed like what is happening in some European countries right now.
Hopefully it wont get there but who knows?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm watching UFC Fight Night: Brasilia and no one is in the stadium. The fights are pretty good but the lack of an audience does make it kind of surreal. You can hear everything.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
From my hospital perspective - many elective surgeries and general appointments have been cancelled. All the Entrance Doors to nursing units are closed. You have to manually push the door open. They now only allow ONE VISITOR per ROOM at ONE time. A lot more employees are wearing the disposable yellow face masks when entering any patient's room.

In the ICUs, I see a lot more staffs are wearing face masks, gloves, and body gowns.

And, of course, there are about a million auto-hand-sanitizers EVERYWHERE throughout the hospital.

We have cancelled concerts, sports games, schools.

What's next? Cancel all Churches? :D

Last edited:
TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
From my hospital perspective - many elective surgeries and general appointments have been cancelled. All the Entrance Doors to nursing units are closed. You have to manually push the door open. They now only allow ONE VISITOR per ROOM at ONE time. A lot more employees are wearing the disposable yellow face masks when entering any patient's room.

In the ICUs, I see a lot more staffs are wearing face masks, gloves, and body gowns.

And, of course, there are about a million auto-hand-sanitizers EVERYWHERE throughout the hospital.

We have cancelled concerts, sports games, schools.

What's next? Cancel all Churches? :D
Obviously churches across the country should be locked and closed. Many are still distributing communion and offering it from the chalice!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Obviously churches across the country should be locked and closed. Many are still distributing communion and offering it from the chalice!
"Should" be closed is one thing. But I still have not heard any Catholic churches closing yet. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis