External Amp advice.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Well, it depends on the brands.

In general, I would agree that if you could, you should get the 5-7Ch amp for a few dollars more. :D ATi amps baby! Uncle T baby Uncle T!

But it just depends on the brands.
One more thing why settle for 3 or 5 years warranty when you can have 7 Years warranty "FOR A FEW DOLLAS MORE".! :D ATi Amps baby!! Uncle Thor! :D
Thor! Smashing!! high Prices!
iu.jpeg

Last edited:
G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Well, it depends on the brands.

In general, I would agree that if you could, you should get the 5-7Ch amp for a few dollars more. :D

But it just depends on the brands.
I stole that Clint Eastwood pic made it my Avatar now! Not sorry :p;)

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Yup, my Mono is rated at 350 wpc at 4 ohms too. My thinking is no matter what I end up with ultimately for speakers it'll handle it, and dollars per watt was about as good a deal there was at the time for 7 channels. That, the fact that they're actually ATI amps and reviewed so well here are what convinced me to go for it.

Eh? You got a new amp waiting in the wings? Do tell!
Well @AcuDefTechGuy gonna get me the hookup on a ATi 2 or 3 channel amp,;) but after reading that, Yamaha sounds like crap in your post when a amp is added :D I may have to rethink my next move on adding a amp.:cool: Isn't that a old Thread where one dude had a Emotive amp and or amp's added to his Yamaha AV Pre-Pro they crapped out and Emotive refused to repair them because Emotive doesn't repair their amp's out of warranty?;) Why pay less to save a few Dollars for 3 or 5 years warranty on other amps, " For A FEW Dollars More" You can get 7 years warranty with ATi amps.:D;)

Last edited:
G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
He was joking around. :D
So am I!:D My oldest Son has a Emotive XPA-2, 1st - Gen, two channel amp. 12 years old hasn't had one issue very powerful amp 500 X 2 @ a 4 Ohm load. Gene @gene ran test on that Emotive amp his findings bested Emotiva's spec sheet that they posted out on it. But with that said, Why pay less for a amp that comes with a 3 or 5 years warranty when "FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE":D You can have ATi amp or amps with 7 years warranty,;) Plus when warranty runs out ATi and Yamaha won't "Run out on You! after their warranty runs out. They there till the cow flies over the Moon!:D

Last edited:
M

Musicman61

Junior Audioholic
Recieved my Emotiva Amp back today with the added modules. Problem is gone.

scotty2hotty

scotty2hotty

Audiophyte
If you’re still having trouble with the sound, maybe adding more channels to the Emotiva to cover your surround speakers could help balance things out. I know it can be frustrating trying to get everything just right.

On a different note, I’ve been browsing around and found artmaster.com for music lessons. While it's mainly for learning music, they sometimes have good tips on gear setups too.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis