EX-PRESIDENT INDICTED

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Fascist trends have been concerning me also for quite awhile...Almost seems like Fascism was the ultimate goal of the whole Fox News movement, culminating in Trump and God knows what's to come after him.
Elsewhere in the world, the right is promising a better life to wield power...very concerning.

This makes the whole fantasy that the hardcore right wing is for the common man even more ridiculous.

It’s been said that a fascist is a populist except the fascist rejects democracy and uses violence to maintain control. Trump has made it perfectly clear that he wants to use violence to maintain control.

The Constitution was written for the specific purpose of preventing fascist control. Trump’s real problem is the Constitution.

ben_

ben_

Junior Audioholic
The Constitution was written for the specific purpose of preventing fascist control. Trump’s real problem is the Constitution.
The US Constitution predates fascism by over 100 years. Fascism can spring from democracy, there's plenty of historical precedent. The idea that the structure of constitution will save the US from completing its slow slide into fascism is naive in the extreme. The only languages fascists understand and respect are power and violence. 30% of the country being openly fascist is a problem that very likely won't be solved just by voting...

Fascism manifests in different ways, and I think it would be more accurate to make comparisons to Spain under Franco, or Italy under Mussolini, than Germany under Hitler when it comes to predicting the form of fascism in the United States.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
So, even though it is a legal document in the police department that he attested to, it is not a crime of some degree?
I still want to know why the PD would take someone's word for it- why not just weigh them, since they have an infirmary?

highfigh

highfigh

Yes, Trump and his followers fit the classic fascist mold. It is a really serious problem when a major party in what is essentially a two party system embraces fascism.
I think all citizens are going to have to get much more involved with active protest. The problem is that the fascists are making all the noise. It is time to oppose.
If people had been taught to think critically and clearly, this wouldn't be happening.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
The US Constitution predates fascism by over 100 years. Fascism can spring from democracy, there's plenty of historical precedent. The idea that the structure of constitution will save the US from completing its slow slide into fascism is naive in the extreme. The only languages fascists understand and respect are power and violence. 30% of the country being openly fascist is a problem that very likely won't be solved just by voting...

Fascism manifests in different ways, and I think it would be more accurate to make comparisons to Spain under Franco, or Italy under Mussolini, than Germany under Hitler when it comes to predicting the form of fascism in the United States.
I think you misunderstood my post

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I still want to know why the PD would take someone's word for it- why not just weigh them, since they have an infirmary?
I'm guessing it was pre-arranged terms of surrender....and the scale may not go that high.

highfigh

highfigh

I'm guessing it was pre-arranged terms of surrender....and the scale may not go that high.
While I could see him not wanting people to know his weight, I seriously doubt any prison or jail scale stops at 300lb, especially considering obesity in the US.

Not sure why anyone cares.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Pre-arranged would be my guess as well. But, in fairness, it’s not clear where the weight number came from.

According to the Washington Post, people present when some of the other defendants were booked stated that the defendants were not asked about their weight and they were not asked to step on a scale. The heights and weighs for some of the other defendants were also clearly not accurate.

I have yet to find a clear and reliable report concerning the source of Trump’s weight.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Pre-arranged would be my guess as well. But, in fairness, it’s not clear where the weight number came from.

According to the Washington Post, people present when some of the other defendants were booked stated that the defendants were not asked about their weight and they were not asked to step on a scale. The heights and weighs for some of the other defendants were also clearly not accurate.

I have yet to find a clear and reliable report concerning the source of Trump’s weight.
Wouldn't be surprised if it were drumph's own press release. In any case it's funny. Believe he weighed 244 or so in last official presidential physical? I thought that had to be his concoction at the time....guess in his mind he has gone on a diet. In his mind he looks like this?
drumphy.jpg

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Wouldn't be surprised if it were drumph's own press release. In any case it's funny. Believe he weighed 244 or so in last official presidential physical? I thought that had to be his concoction at the time....guess in his mind he has gone on a diet. In his mind he looks like this?
View attachment 63061
I’m leaning more towards the pre-reported by Trump explanation. ABC news reported that they were told that the weight was pre-supplied by Trump’s people and the AP reports that they were told that the numbers came from Trump.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

I think that picture is missing the IQ in front of that number. :D :D :D

ben_

ben_

Junior Audioholic
I didn't say anything about overturning the election. He was legitimately elected in 2016 and he was no less fascist then.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I didn't say anything about overturning the election. He was legitimately elected in 2016 and he was no less fascist then.
I agree that Trump was legitimately elected in 2016.

Do you agree that Trump's efforts to overturn the election in 2020 were unconstitutional?

Do you agree that "fascism is typically upfront about its outright rejection of democracy"?

Do you agree that an outright rejection of democracy is contrary to the U.S. Constitution?

ben_

ben_

Junior Audioholic
I agree that Trump was legitimately elected in 2016.

Do you agree that Trump's efforts to overturn the election in 2020 were unconstitutional?

Do you agree that "fascism is typically upfront about its outright rejection of democracy"?
The "Stop The Steal" movement and January 6th are/were obviously unconstitutional. Where we differ is that you don't think fascists can come to power via democratic processes, which is obviously incorrect.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

The "Stop The Steal" movement and January 6th are/were obviously unconstitutional. Where we differ is that you don't think fascists can come to power via democratic processes, which is obviously incorrect.
That is an untrue statement. Hitler won one election! Usually fascist dictators do come to power after winning elections. The problem is that the one they win is the last one!

ben_

ben_

Junior Audioholic
That is an untrue statement. Hitler won one election! Usually fascist dictators do come to power after winning elections. The problem is that the one they win is the last one!
Ugh, I typo'd. I meant can't, and Hitler was exactly who I was alluding to. My apologies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis