EX-PRESIDENT INDICTED

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
After reading your description of possible defense team tactics, I think I know where Steve Bannon got the idea of "Fill the zone with $hit".
In a sense the zone (the pool of potential jurors) is already being flooded with $hit.

Trump’s attacks on the DOJ might convince a juror that the DOJ is evil and has a corrupt motive. Conceivably a juror could decide to ignore the evidence and refuse to convict Trump (e.g. similar to the theory that the jury in the OJ Simpson case hated the LAPD and ignored the evidence).

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
It looks like a maintenance worker at Mara-a-Lago has just been indicted.

My advice to Mr. De Oliveira: cut yourself a deal with the prosecutors and sing like a canary. You do not want to go down with this ship of fools.
Appears that another Trump employee have received a target letter from federal prosecutors and may be co-operating. The employee did change lawyer after receiving the letter.

>>>Yuscil Taveras, a Mar-a-Lago employee who oversees the property’s surveillance cameras, received a target letter from federal prosecutors after former President Donald Trump was first indicted in June on charges related to his alleged mishandling of classified documents after leaving office, sources told CNN.

Taveras also met with investigators following the initial indictment in the classified documents case overseen by special counsel Jack Smith, sources said.

While it is unclear whether Taveras is cooperating with prosecutors, some of the new allegations against Trump that were included in a superseding indictment filed last week were based, at least in part, on information he provided during that interview, CNN has learned.
After receiving the target letter, Taveras changed lawyers because his attorney, Stan Woodward, also represented Nauta, which presented a conflict, sources said.

Trump and Nauta have pleaded not guilty. <<<

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Trump has never paid his own bills...with anything resembling his own money.
Looks like some are not happy with his latest grift.

Drumphy would be unknown if he had to make it on his own ideas. He's just someone who inherited a great deal of money, and hasn't done particularly well with it in any case....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Think about it, if he were anywhere near as good as he claims, he'd be far wealthier than he is....truth is he's an idiot generally with financial matters (or good ideas on what businesses to "brand")

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Trump has never paid his own bills...with anything resembling his own money.
Looks like some are not happy with his latest grift.

It would be wonderful to see him go broke and have to use the services of a Public Defender, just think of the millions of smiles that would abound :eek:

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
In a sense the zone (the pool of potential jurors) is already being flooded with $hit.

Trump’s attacks on the DOJ might convince a juror that the DOJ is evil and has a corrupt motive. Conceivably a juror could decide to ignore the evidence and refuse to convict Trump (e.g. similar to the theory that the jury in the OJ Simpson case hated the LAPD and ignored the evidence).
Wasn't the theory they decided against convicting OJ was due to the threat of another riot?

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Wasn't the theory they decided against convicting OJ was due to the threat of another riot?
I doubt anyone knows for sure what every person on the OJ jury was thinking.

Here's one media report:

>>>In an excerpt aired on public radio show “Fresh Air” this week, juror Carrie Bess, who is now in her 70s, is asked whether “there are members of the jury that voted to acquit OJ because of Rodney King.” “Yes,” she says simply. Later she says that she was one of them.<<<

Here's what Van Jones said the other day on CNN:

>>>JONES: Well, Trump is master in this one. I mean, it's not hurting him at all. With the people he's most concerned about right now. And the general election is a long time from now. Look, you remember O.J. Simpson? This, you know, the guy was notoriously horrible stuff. Black community rallied around and why? Because not because we agreed with him but because we thought the people coming after him were terrible. We thought the LAPD was terrible.

And so, if you're trying to understand what's happening with the Trump base right now, and you're African American. Just remember back with O.J., like sometimes he's not that -- he's not your guy, you think, you know, your guy is wrong, you just think the system is even more wrong.<<<

https://transcripts.cnn.com/show/ctmo/date/2023-07-28/segment/05

Jones was discussing the Trump base in the context of the primaries, but it seems to me there could be a similar dynamic with regards to potential jurors if Trump can convince at least one that "it's us against them."

On the other hand, the OJ and Trump situations are clearly different. I suspect numerous jurors in the OJ case knew people who'd experienced mistreatment at the hands of the LAPD, and the trial was shortly after the Rodney King beating. In contrast, I highly doubt that any potential Trump jurors have any personal experience with overzealous federal prosecutors, and I'm not aware of any events involving the DOJ that are similar to the Rodney King beating. Trump's never-ending statements to the effect that "they" are out to get you so "they" are going after me is just a fairy tale.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Trump a step closer to accountability.

>>>The judge presiding over a Georgia grand jury investigation into Donald Trump on Monday rejected the former U.S. president's bid to disqualify the lead prosecutor and block any indictments stemming from the probe, which is expected to yield charges in the coming weeks. …<<<

Last edited:
cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja

You mentioned something that is going to be key if this even gets to a trial by jury. The court will have to find 12 Florida jurors who can leave their opinion of the former president at the door. And it only takes one juror to vote against the others and this case goes out the door.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
View it as a Biden DOJ.

I don't think this really holds. It isn't like voters would all of a sudden believe in the law if it were centrist. Neither party believes in the law unless it benefits them.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Seizing voting machines??? :oops: Guess I didn't remember that one. Also, fraud related to PAC.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Can't even take the garbage out and s...t hits the fan. WOW!!!

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Msnbc said the reason only Trump is in the charge is to speed up the process. There may be others, but putting them in the same case slows it down.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Msnbc said the reason only Trump is in the charge is to speed up the process. There may be others, but putting them in the same case slows it down.
Six co-conspirators who may be charged later on their own so this can move to trial sooner.
When it rains, it pours.
And listening to the news, the details are just amazing, smoking guns everywhere.

Last edited:
isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Jack Smith is a smart boy....ruthless when it comes to justice it seems. And that's just fine by me.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I woke up from a nap to hear this news!

Did I hear correctly that Mike Pence is a major witness?

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I'd like to commend The Five on their tremendous coverage of today's recent news. Oh just kidding. :p

Bret Baier had some good legal guests. The charges mention no incitement. Therefore what you can charge him with becomes more difficult.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis