EX-PRESIDENT INDICTED

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Oh my! So much for autocorrect. Suspense, of course. But suspension of Trumps trial and going direct to sentencing could work too. :D
Even he deserves due process, even though he's the kind of scumbag who would deny others.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Barricades are going up outside the courthouse in Georgia. This indictment also appears to be imminent.

>>>Barricades went up outside the Fulton County courthouse on Thursday as District Attorney Fani Willis reportedly nears a decision on whether to indict Donald Trump over allegations the former president tried to undermine the results of Georgia’s 2020 election, New Yorker staff writer Charles Bethea reported from Atlanta.<<<

It will be difficult for Trump to wiggle out of this one. The state officials in Georgia (Democrat and Republican) appear to have little interest in throwing Crazy Donny a lifeline.

>>>While any of the charges against Trump could land him in jail, the Atlanta case is especially damning and threatening. . . . The basic facts are hard to dispute. . . .
Trump’s pressure campaign on Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp and Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger—both Republicans—as well as his subsequent relentless smears against Willis—a Democrat—has riled locals and actually brought them together.

“It was egregious,” said former county chairman John H. Eaves. “I know Brian Kemp, Brad Raffensperger, and Fani Willis. They are, generally speaking, good people. Each of them did their constitutional duty. Kudos to them.”<<<

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
It looks like a maintenance worker at Mara-a-Lago has just been indicted.

My advice to Mr. De Oliveira: cut yourself a deal with the prosecutors and sing like a canary. You do not want to go down with this ship of fools.

>>>Special counsel Jack Smith has charged a third defendant, Carlos De Oliveira, in the Trump Mar-a-Lago classified documents case, according to court files. . . . De Oliveira was the maintenance worker who helped Nauta move boxes of classified documents around Mar-a-Lago after the Justice Department first subpoenaed Trump for classified documents last May.<<<

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
More charges have been brought against Trump in the Mar-a-Lago case. I have not read the court documents yet, but I strongly suspect this is related to the indictment of De Oliveira.

>>>Special counsel Jack Smith has brought additional charges against former President Donald Trump in the case surrounding his alleged mishandling of classified documents after leaving the White House, according to the court docket.

Trump has been charged with three new counts, including one additional count of willful retention of national defense information and two additional obstruction counts, related to alleged attempts to delete surveillance video footage at the Mar-a-Lago resort in summer 2022.<<<

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
The new indictment can be downloaded here:

I still have not read all of it, but it's hard to see how Trump can avoid all of the counts.

At page 29 there's an account of a conversation between De Oliveira and "Trump Employee 4" to the effect that Trump wanted the the security camera server deleted.

1690502188992.png

Granted, this conversation is (probably) hearsay with regards to if Trump wanted the server deleted, but you can bet the prosecutors will crank up the pressure on De Oliveira to explain why he said this to #4.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
The new indictment can be downloaded here:

I still have not read all of it, but it's hard to see how Trump can avoid all of the counts.

At page 29 there's an account of a conversation between De Oliveira and "Trump Employee 4" to the effect that Trump wanted the the security camera server deleted.

View attachment 62733

Granted, this conversation is (probably) hearsay with regards to if Trump wanted the server deleted, but you can bet the prosecutors will crank up the pressure on De Oliveira to explain why he said this to #4.
This is where "cui bono" comes into play, doesn't it? What would De Olivera stand to gain by initiating this?

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
This is where "cui bono" comes into play, doesn't it? What would De Olivera stand to gain by initiating this?
It's quite possible the prosecution will make an argument along those lines. It will of course ultimately be up to the jury to decide what Trump did and what his mental state was. I'm sure there will be plenty of arguments on both sides.

For example, the defense could suggest that De Olivera had a personal reason to delete the servers (e.g. he stole something from Mar-a-Lago, and he was afraid it might have been recorded, etc), and he was lying when he told Employee 4 that Trump wanted them deleted because he didn't want the government to discover his own criminal activity when the recordings were turned over.

The source of this conversation appears to be Employee 4, so I'd expect this person to be subject to an intense cross examination at trial. This is purely a guess, but the defense might suggest that this person had a vendetta against Trump, and #4 therefore made up the story to get back at Trump. If #4 makes inconsistent statements and generally appears to be unreliable the jury might give the conversation little weight.

The hypothetical defense arguments I suggested above would be somewhat contradictory, but the defense doesn't have to prove an alternative explanation, they just need to come up with something that is plausible enough to create reasonable doubt in the mind of at least one juror. The defense could suggest all sorts of things in hopes that one suggestion "works" for one juror. Basically, attack every bit of incriminating evidence that makes it to the jury (there will undoubtedly be many battles over the admissibility of evidence before anything goes to the jury).

We really don't know what the full picture is in terms of the evidence, and it's hard to say right now what arguments will make sense.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
It's quite possible the prosecution will make an argument along those lines. It will of course ultimately be up to the jury to decide what Trump did and what his mental state was. I'm sure there will be plenty of arguments on both sides.

For example, the defense could suggest that De Olivera had a personal reason to delete the servers (e.g. he stole something from Mar-a-Lago, and he was afraid it might have been recorded, etc), and he was lying when he told Employee 4 that Trump wanted them deleted because he didn't want the government to discover his own criminal activity when the recordings were turned over.

The source of this conversation appears to be Employee 4, so I'd expect this person to be subject to an intense cross examination at trial. This is purely a guess, but the defense might suggest that this person had a vendetta against Trump, and #4 therefore made up the story to get back at Trump. If #4 makes inconsistent statements and generally appears to be unreliable the jury might give the conversation little weight.

The hypothetical defense arguments I suggested above would be somewhat contradictory, but the defense doesn't have to prove an alternative explanation, they just need to come up with something that is plausible enough to create reasonable doubt in the mind of at least one juror. The defense could suggest all sorts of things in hopes that one suggestion "works" for one juror. Basically, attack every bit of incriminating evidence that makes it to the jury (there will undoubtedly be many battles over the admissibility of evidence before anything goes to the jury).

We really don't know what the full picture is in terms of the evidence, and it's hard to say right now what arguments will make sense.
After reading your description of possible defense team tactics, I think I know where Steve Bannon got the idea of "Fill the zone with $hit".

M

Methodical

Audioholic
Wesley Hunt, doing a little 'Grilling', Texas style !

Loved his reference to Hunter and 'glitter' !!!

Why no reference to Pence? He had classified documents, too.

All of this is Trump's fault. All he had to do was turn over the documents just like Biden and Pence did. They just wanted the documents but he didn't take the get out of jail free pass. They knew he had them because Archives keep tract of this stuff like a hawk. He likes to be the 1st, well...

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Trump said regarding the Jan 6th indictment, and I'm paraphrasing a bit: It would be very dangerous because you're dealing with a people who are more passionate now than in 2016 or 2020. Probably the funniest part about all this is voters voting for law & order while skimping on law & order.:D

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Someone made the comment if Trump is charged the most he will get is house arrest. Then they said, "No golf." :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis