EX-PRESIDENT INDICTED

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
DOJ has changed its position.

>>>The Justice Department has reversed course and said it no longer believes that Donald Trump should be entitled to immunity for his response to E. Jean Carroll’s accusation of sexual assault, allowing the case to move forward to trial in January.

The change in position eliminates one legal hurdle surrounding Carroll’s 2019 defamation lawsuit against Trump for statements he made while president, denying her allegation of rape a decade earlier, that he didn’t know her, and that she wasn’t his “type.” …<<<

Ya had to go and beat me to it by 60 seconds, didn'tcha?

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Since Trell (sniff) beat me to it on the Carroll case, I've attempted to find some new Trump legal news (this is not especially difficult). Low and behold, the Georgia case seems to be heating up, and an indictment might be in the works (I wouldn't expect a prosecutor to go to grand jury with weak evidence, but who knows?).

>>>The Georgia grand jury that is expected to consider charges against former President Donald Trump and his Republican allies for trying to overturn the 2020 election was sworn in Tuesday after a three-hour selection process in Atlanta. . . . A special grand jury previously heard testimony from 75 witnesses, including Trump advisers, his former attorneys, White House aides, and Georgia officials. That panel issued a redacted report with charging recommendations, which will soon be weighed by the new grand jury, potentially as soon as next month. . . . one of these panels is expected to be tasked later this summer with deciding whether to approve indictments in the Trump investigation.<<<

The Georgia case is potentially significant because Trump could not be pardoned by the next President if he were to be convicted for criminal violations of state laws.

Pardons in Georgia are determined by a five-member panel.

I suspect that convincing the board to grant a pardon might be difficult, but I will readily admit that I have no experience with it.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
This crap will drag out right up to the "election of stooges" in Nov 2024. . Get him in the court room , like now !.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Biden's economy is stagnant, so until otherwise I will predict Trump wins the '24 election. Sorry, but Trump seems to avoid legal problems repeatedly.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Biden's economy is stagnant, so until otherwise I will predict Trump wins the '24 election. Sorry, but Trump seems to avoid legal problems repeatedly.
Stagnant? And you base that on what? Why don’t you go have a look at the very low unemployment statistics.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Stagnant? And you base that on what? Why don’t you go have a look at the very low unemployment statistics.
The employment is high, but prices are going up and inflation is still high. I think the economy is better than what the Republicans try to portray, but not great.

Plus gas at $3 50 per gallon.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Trump is a master delayer. As someone joked, he'll delay till 2095.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
interesting, This report notes this :; In 2023, economic activity is projected to stagnate, with rising unemployment and falling inflation. Interest rates are projected to remain high initially and then gradually decrease in the next few years as inflation continues to slow.Feb 21, 2023
The Economic Outlook for 2023 to 2033 in 16 Charts

All I know, I can go to small businesses that we go to often and they are struggling to stay afloat. Nobody wants to work, after the GOVT and the states gave all of these people $$$ over and over during COVID, a lot of our society has become lazy and wants the govt to give them everything. . A few restaurants and other small shops we used to go to, have closed to due people that just don't want to work. Food prices are out of sight, rent and interest is really high, rising medical cost, insurance cost actually causing people to either sell their house or, get this, take out a loan to pay homeowners insurance or spend $18k to 60k ( which in most cases means a LOAN with high interest on a roof job or you will be dropped. Some people like the older group 65 and up are already strapped for cash in their retirement years. The economy doesn't sound peachy to me. .

Last edited:
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
interesting, This report notes this :; In 2023, economic activity is projected to stagnate, with rising unemployment and falling inflation. Interest rates are projected to remain high initially and then gradually decrease in the next few years as inflation continues to slow.Feb 21, 2023
The Economic Outlook for 2023 to 2033 in 16 Charts
But the US unemployment is still at 3.6% as it was a year ago, and still going strong, while inflation is down to 3%.

Krugman had an article a few days ago with the title Dude, Where’s My Recession? ending with

>>>... In any case, something really strange has happened. I can’t think of another example in which there was such a universal consensus that recession was imminent, yet the predicted recession failed to arrive.<<<

All I know, I can go to small businesses that we go to often and they are struggling to stay afloat. Nobody wants to work, after the GOVT and the states gave all of these people $$$ over and over during COVID, a lot of our society has become lazy and wants the govt to give them everything. . A few restaurants and other small shops we used to go to, have closed to due people that just don't want to work. Food prices are out of sight, rent and interest is really high, rising medical cost, insurance cost actually causing people to either sell their house or, get this, take out a loan to pay homeowners insurance or spend $18k to 60k ( which in most cases means a LOAN with high interest on a roof job or you will be dropped. Some people like the older group 65 and up are already strapped for cash in their retirement years. The economy doesn't sound peachy to me. .
Rising medical costs is at least for a large part a consequence of Republicans policies on health care, so here voting really do matters in order to get a universal health care system that gives a much better overall outcome at less than half the price.

As for the old trope that no one wants to work is not reflected in the unemployment numbers. More likely is that the employers don't want to offer competitive wages and are whining about it, but I'm sure those very same companies don't mind gov largesse when they benefit from it: Paycheck Protection Program during COVID.

So if the companies are unable to offer competitive salaries along with a good working environment they can just close down. Isn't that how a free market is supposed to work?

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
But the US unemployment is still at 3.6% as it was a year ago, and still going strong, while inflation is down to 3%.

Krugman had an article a few days ago with the title Dude, Where’s My Recession? ending with

>>>... In any case, something really strange has happened. I can’t think of another example in which there was such a universal consensus that recession was imminent, yet the predicted recession failed to arrive.<<<

Rising medical costs is at least for a large part a consequence of Republicans policies on health care, so here voting really do matters in order to get a universal health care system that gives a much better overall outcome at less than half the price.

As for the old trope that no one wants to work is not reflected in the unemployment numbers. More likely is that the employers don't want to offer competitive wages and are whining about it, but I'm sure those very same companies don't mind gov largesse when they benefit from it: Paycheck Protection Program during COVID.

So if the companies are unable to offer competitive salaries along with a good working environment they can just close down. Isn't that how a free market is supposed to work?
All of what you note is all fair and good. But I see real world businesses, and these owners continue to hire after people leave, along with operating cost continue to climb., That is not fair and good, its trying to keep your business operating on a budget. Employees that continue to leave, rent at your business location going along with ALL operating cost, including insurance want more money to equal what the govt and state gave them each month. That's not going to happen. Oh PS< in Covid these business had to close all due to covid as they were not essential businesses and some never reopened. And your note about medical cost has been going on in the US since the 1960's ( medicare came about in 65 if I'm not mistaken) towards the late 70's and has been an issue for all administrations. Sure its an continuing mess, but that doesn't help people trying to handle medical cost and day to day living requirements. This is not about voting as that hasn't fixed anything in the last group of stooges throughout the years. It's a flawed US Congress that would rather get rich and bicker than actually do their fucking job. And that's Democraps and Repugnicans.

2:25 pm Just read this

"A total of 21.6 million households now spend more than 30% of pre-tax income on rent. Some households are even paying even up to 50% of earnings on apartments, per Harvard’s research. "

""If rent grows faster than your income every year, and your health care expenses grow faster than your income every year...that squeeze just makes it very difficult in normal life," Katherine McKay, associate director at the Aspen Institute Financial Security Program, told Yahoo Finance. "

I guess the 1% are still living pretty darn good.

Last edited:
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
insurance cost actually causing people to either sell their house or, get this, take out a loan to pay homeowners insurance or spend $18k to 60k ( which in most cases means a LOAN with high interest on a roof job or you will be dropped. Some people like the older group 65 and up are already strapped for cash in their retirement years. The economy doesn't sound peachy to me. .
As for home insurance I saw the following YouTube clip with a professor of real estate and finance where insurers are raising the premiums or just leave the market all together in states like Florida, Texas or California.

So in the end government will have to foot the bill when the free market works as intended, but should the tax payers be on the hook for paying for people living in very high risk areas?

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
As for home insurance I saw the following YouTube clip with a professor of real estate and finance where insurers are raising the premiums or just leave the market all together in states like Florida, Texas or California.

So in the end government will have to foot the bill when the free market works as intended, but should the tax payers be on the hook for paying for people living in very high risk areas?

We were just told yesterday that Farmers Insurance will leave Fla and cancel 100,000 policy holders. Plus it was on CNN. Farmers is claiming their pullout will not impact current Fl policy holders, right. Farmers noted it will not impact 70% of the Fl policy holders, what about the other 30 %.

So you understand whats going on. IT has zip to with Republicans, or Democrats or a free market. IT all comes down to one thing and one thing only. The impact on homes from the damage caused by Hurricanes. Be it wind, rain, storm surge. After Hurricane Ian " Statewide, claims have increased to 738,441. Of those, 104,614 remain open, and 190,254 have been closed with no payment from insurance companies. The Florida Office of Insurance Regulation says "insured" losses from the storm are now up to $16.7 billion, according to a report released on June 16. This is bankrupting Insurance companies causing these insurance to cancel and leave Fla. And some of these policies are not even in a impacted Ian hurricane zone. My sister got cancelled, she lives in Ocala Fl, never got impacted by Ian but her insurance carrier, cancelled her as per the letter they are leaving Fla due to payouts in south Fl. And with that, she was told she needed a roof since its over 10 years old. WTF

Sure its going to take, State Gov and the Fed Govt to manage this. People are in certain places paying close to $14,000 a year in home insurance and if you had a claim well it can even be higher. Example: real world, my homeowners back in 2014 when we moved to The Hammock in Palm Cost Fl. our yearly premium was $2, 002 flood insurance was $763 . Then in Oct 2016 Hurricane Matthew sat offshore with 135 winds and 8-12 ft of storm surge and after Hurricane Irma in 2017, 6 months later our ( no claims) policy went to $4852 a year, flood insurance up to $876. 2018 Hurricane Micheal cat 5, hit the panhandle of Fl, 6 months later, our policy went to $5488 and flood $1255 a year. In 2023 March we sold our home and moved inland. But we are being told out 50 year Concrete Barrel Tile roof will need replacement in a few years WTF, thats about $64, 000 for 1921 sqft ( per local bids) something we cannot afford at 70 years old.

Last edited:
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
We were just told yesterday that Farmers Insurance will leave Fla and cancel 100,000 policy holders. Plus it was on CNN.
That’s in the YouTube clip in my post that you replied to. It has good information from that professor.

So you understand whats going on. IT has zip to with Republicans, or Democrats or a free market. IT all comes down to one thing and one thing only. The impact on homes from the damage caused by Hurricanes. Be it wind, rain, storm surge. After Hurricane Ian " Statewide, claims have increased to 738,441. Of those, 104,614 remain open, and 190,254 have been closed with no payment from insurance companies. The Florida Office of Insurance Regulation says "insured" losses from the storm are now up to $16.7 billion, according to a report released on June 16. This is bankrupting Insurance companies causing these insurance to cancel and leave Fla. And some of these policies are not even in a impacted Ian hurricane zone. My sister got cancelled, she lives in Ocala Fl, never got impacted by Ian but her insurance carrier ( Farmers) , cancelled her as per the letter they are leaving Fla due to payouts in south Fl. And with that, she was told she needed a roof since its over 10 years old. WTF
Republicans have for decades said that climate change is a hoax and mostly still do. Any action to lessen the climate change or its effects is met with broad resistance from them.

It is well known for a very long time that extreme weather will occur with increasing frequency and severity. Locally much could have been done to lessen some of the damage, like better building codes and where one is allowed to build, including moving some of the population and tearing down buildings.

What happens instead? Passing anti-woke laws in Republican controlled states forbidding companies to factor in climate change, of they want to do business with the state. So some of them just leaves the state, or severely restricts what and where they offer insurance.

So now you’re paying the price and the government will have to enter as an insurer of last resort. But why should the taxpayer carry the costs for very high risk areas? What happened to personal responsibility and government handouts?

In any case, elections have consequences but it can take many years before they become apparent.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
That’s in the YouTube clip in my post that you replied to. It has good information from that professor.

Republicans have for decades said that climate change is a hoax and mostly still do. Any action to lessen the climate change or its effects is met with broad resistance from them.

It is well known for a very long time that extreme weather will occur with increasing frequency and severity. Locally much could have been done to lessen some of the damage, like better building codes and where one is allowed to build, including moving some of the population and tearing down buildings.

What happens instead? Passing anti-woke laws in Republican controlled states forbidding companies to factor in climate change, of they want to do business with the state. So some of them just leaves the state, or severely restricts what and where they offer insurance.

So now you’re paying the price and the government will have to enter as an insurer of last resort. But why should the taxpayer carry the costs for very high risk areas? What happened to personal responsibility and government handouts?

In any case, elections have consequences but it can take many years before they become apparent.
The whole state is a high risk area when a Hurricane hits.

This is all that is left in Fla.June 2023

Among the companies that are still active in Florida are the following:

The rest are gone. And of note Universal will not ensure any property regardless of its location in the following counties ( St Johns, Putnam, Volusia, Flagler) due to Ian.

And PS: of those above, Half of them aren't writing and the other half want new homes only nowhere near the coastline.

In 2020, Fla had 437 insurance companies that would write a policy for your home
In 2021, Fla had 110 insurance companies that would write a policy for your home
In the past 18 months 15 have pulled out of Fl.

It all started in 1992 with Hurricane Andrew which cost $26.5 billion dollars. 11 Insurance companies went bankrupt. So the Florida Legislature authorized the formation of the Florida Residential Property and Casualty Joint Underwriting Association (FRPCJUA) and the Florida Windstorm Underwriting Association (FWUA) as the insurers of last resort. Then in 2002 the merger of those Associations created Citizens in 2002.
The state now has over or close to it, 2 million polices and we are one of those as are 80% of the homeowners in our neighborhood..

Last edited:
GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
The employment is high, but prices are going up and inflation is still high. I think the economy is better than what the Republicans try to portray, but not great.

Plus gas at $3 50 per gallon.
Try US$4.90 and you'll appreciate your gas prices.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Try US$4.90 and you'll appreciate your gas prices.
I considered the USD 4.29/g paid at costco today to be relatively reasonable....but gas prices still have a lot of government welfare involved.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
The whole state is a high risk area when a Hurricane hits.

This is all that is left in Fla.June 2023

Among the companies that are still active in Florida are the following:

The rest are gone. And of note Universal will not ensure any property regardless of its location in the following counties ( St Johns, Putnam, Volusia, Flagler) due to Ian.

And PS: of those above, Half of them aren't writing and the other half want new homes only nowhere near the coastline.

In 2020, Fla had 437 insurance companies that would write a policy for your home
In 2021, Fla had 110 insurance companies that would write a policy for your home
In the past 18 months 15 have pulled out of Fl.

It all started in 1992 with Hurricane Andrew which cost $26.5 billion dollars. 11 Insurance companies went bankrupt. So the Florida Legislature authorized the formation of the Florida Residential Property and Casualty Joint Underwriting Association (FRPCJUA) and the Florida Windstorm Underwriting Association (FWUA) as the insurers of last resort. Then in 2002 the merger of those Associations created Citizens in 2002.
The state now has over or close to it, 2 million polices and we are one of those as are 80% of the homeowners in our neighborhood..
The home owners should carry their own insurance costs and not expect government handouts. If they can’t afford it they should just move instead of whining about how unfair it is. Are they too lazy to work to pay their own bills? Why should tax payers have to foot that bill? They’ve gotten all those tax breaks but now have to pay using their own money? Boggles the mind.

Sounds different when your type of language is applied to your sister, doesn’t it?;)

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
The home owners should carry their own insurance costs and not expect government handouts. If they can’t afford it they should just move instead of whining about how unfair it is. Are they too lazy to work to pay their own bills? Why should tax payers have to foot that bill? They’ve gotten all those tax breaks but now have to pay using their own money? Boggles the mind.

Sounds different when your type of language is applied to your sister, doesn’t it?;)
Man, you have no freaking clue. Spouting off at the keyboard, oblivious to real life in a place you don't know anything about except what you read.

And the comment about my sister even though its got a sly wink, its bullshit. She's retired, worked for 35 years at her job as a director at Advent Health.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Man, you have no freaking clue. Spouting off at the keyboard, oblivious to real life in a place you don't know anything about except what you read.

And the comment about my sister even though its got a sly wink, its bullshit. She's retired, worked for 35 years at her job as a director at Advent Health.
But this is exactly a parody of your post containing this little gem of your "Nobody wants to work, after the GOVT and the states gave all of these people $$$ over and over during COVID, a lot of our society has become lazy and wants the govt to give them everything. "

And so forth.

But hey, when your deadbeat sister is required to take personal responsibility for her own actions you suddenly require the bad govn't to bail her out with tax payer money.

Consistency is nothing you've ever been accused of.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
But this is exactly a parody of your post containing this little gem of your "Nobody wants to work, after the GOVT and the states gave all of these people $$$ over and over during COVID, a lot of our society has become lazy and wants the govt to give them everything. "

And so forth.

But hey, when your deadbeat sister is required to take personal responsibility for her own actions you suddenly require the bad govn't to bail her out with tax payer money.

Consistency is nothing you've ever been accused of.
F off .

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis