EQ Settings on Denon 4400 and narrowing down subs

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Is it really a fact that the surround channels are boosted with dynamic EQ engaged, if so, by how many decibels?
Depends on the MV level.

Here’s a visual to give an idea at least.
Haven’t seen one for surround levels, but it definitely offsets in a similar fashion. @lovinthehd has really enjoyed the offsets, while I haven’t really tried them much. I have a house curve built in to my FR using minidsp so...

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
Depends on the MV level.

Here’s a visual to give an idea at least.
Haven’t seen one for surround levels, but it definitely offsets in a similar fashion. @lovinthehd has really enjoyed the offsets, while I haven’t really tried them much. I have a house curve built in to my FR using minidsp so...
MV level supposed to be at 75 dbs for calibration and level matching?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
MV level supposed to be at 75 dbs for calibration and level matching?
I think he's just indicating the particular frequency boost is dependent on MV level, it gradually drops off to 0 on the MV, then actually inverses after that.

FWIW Depends on avr if the test tones are actually at 75dB or not. Some the MV setting doesn't even matter.

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
I think he's just indicating the particular frequency boost is dependent on MV level, it gradually drops off to 0 on the MV, then actually inverses after that.

FWIW Depends on avr if the test tones are actually at 75dB or not. Some the MV setting doesn't even matter.
I asked because that's one of the complaints about dynamic EQ, it boost the surrounds levels.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I asked because that's one of the complaints about dynamic EQ, it boost the surrounds levels.
Seems that's more an XT thing than XT32 IME....but easy enough to taper the surrounds to your liking.

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
Seems that's more an XT thing than XT32 IME....but easy enough to taper the surrounds to your liking.
That is true, because Dynamic EQ volume boost is going to break my little Prime Satellite Surround speakers.:)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis