Enter to Win: Wireless Subwoofer from Aperion Audio!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

audioholic212

Audioholic
My answers.

1. How important is it to you to match the look of the surround sound speakers with the front speakers in a 5.1 or 7.1 system?
  • Not important. Sound is what matters.

2. Currently, if you have surround speakers where are they located? If don’t have surrounds, why not?
  • Speaker Stands

3. If there was a high quality wireless surround sound speaker available would you consider it for a home theater system?
  • Yes, a wireless surround speaker would be great.

4. Wireless speakers have the amplifiers built in and so they need to be plugged into the wall for power. Would this limit you from considering wireless surrounds?
  • No, I have outlets all over the place.

5. When you buy audio electronics, some products use an inline power adapter (“Power Brick”/”Wall Wart”). If you are considering a wireless speaker for surrounds and where you’d place them, which would you prefer? (Please choose one)
  • Doesn’t matter

6. If you were looking for a surround speaker to match your existing front speakers but had to buy another brand, what features would be the most important to you?
  • The sound

T

tchi1992

Audiophyte
Contest Questions:

1. How important is it to you to match the look of the surround sound speakers with the front speakers in a 5.1 or 7.1 system?

Very important, if they don’t match the other speakers I’d rather not use surrounds.

2. Currently, if you have surround speakers where are they located? If don’t have surrounds, why not?

I don’t have surround speakers because (Please explain) I currently have a 2-channel system

3. If there was a high quality wireless surround sound speaker available would you consider it for a home theater system?

Yes, but only if I could find wireless surrounds that matched my current speakers.

4. Wireless speakers have the amplifiers built in and so they need to be plugged into the wall for power. Would this limit you from considering wireless surrounds?

Yes, I want a clean custom installed look, the power cords would be a deal breaker.

5. When you buy audio electronics, some products use an inline power adapter (“Power Brick”/”Wall Wart”). If you are considering a wireless speaker for surrounds and where you’d place them, which would you prefer? (Please choose one)
Internal Power Supply, so it has an AC Power cord only.

6. If you were looking for a surround speaker to match your existing front speakers but had to buy another brand, what features would be the most important to you?

The sound

J

jmurfk

Audiophyte
Not important. Sound is what matters.

Wall mounted (Concealed wires)

Yes, a wireless surround speaker would be great.

No, I have outlets all over the place.

Inline Power adapter such as Power Brick or Wall Wart with thin DC power

The finish/color of the speaker

G

GACrabill

Junior Audioholic

Very important, if they don’t match the other speakers I’d rather not use surrounds.

Speaker Stands - actually, my rears are towers which match the fronts

Yes, but only if I could find wireless surrounds that matched my current speakers.

Yes, I want a clean custom installed look, the power cords would be a deal breaker.

The finish/color of the speaker
The sound

S

SnowmaNick

Junior Audioholic

4. Somewhat important. I would like to get a matching set, but what works best for my theater/space is of most importance.

1. Wall mounted (Concealed wires)

3. Yes, but only if I could find wireless surrounds that matched my current speakers.

3. Yes, I want a clean custom installed look, the power cords would be a deal breaker.

1. Internal Power Supply, so it has an AC Power cord only.

4. The sound

L

laulau

Enthusiast
5. Very important, if they don’t match the other speakers I’d rather not use surrounds.

3. Speaker Stands

3. Yes, but only if I could find wireless surrounds that matched my current speakers.

1. No, I have outlets all over the place.

2. Inline Power adapter such as Power Brick or Wall Wart with thin DC power cord going to the speaker.

4. The sound

J

john.sinshack

Audiophyte

4. Somewhat important. I would like to get a matching set, but what works best for my theater/space is of most importance.

5. I don’t have surround speakers because (Please explain)
Budget constraints, will be happening soon though!

2. Yes, I have a difficult room that doesn’t allow me to conceal the wires.

1. No, I have outlets all over the place.

1. Internal Power Supply, so it has an AC Power cord only.

4. The sound

J

jzac

Audioholic
My answers in bold below.... Thanks....and Good luck to moi! :D

Aperion Audio wants you to win!

Aperion Audio is giving away the chance to win one (1) Aperion Bravus 8A Powered Subwoofer and one (1) Aperion Home Audio Link system which, when used together, give you the option of having a wireless subwoofer to one (1) eligible forum member! The Bravus 8A is priced at $319 and the Aperion Home Audio Link is $149 so the total prize value is $468!

Features of Bravus 8A Powered Sub:
  • Single active 8” aluminum driver
  • 100 watt class A/B amplifier
  • Customizable Crossover from 40-160Hz
  • Internally braced ¾” Ported HDF enclosure

Features of Home Audio Link:
  • Send music from your computer, MP3 player, or other audio source to any audio-video receiver or audio system
  • Wireless Subwoofer - Connect your powered subwoofer or powered speakers wirelessly
  • Audio input via USB or Audio-In Jack
  • Send music throughout your house, or even outside
  • No software needed, just plug and play

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA Residence and 3) Answer the following questions in the thread below.

Contest Questions:

• Not important. Sound is what matters.
  • Not important. My surround speakers are on the other side of the room so it doesn’t really matter if they all match or not.
  • Not important. My subwoofer doesn’t match anyway.
  • Somewhat important. I would like to get a matching set, but what works best for my theater/space is of most importance.
  • Very important, if they don’t match the other speakers I’d rather not use surrounds.
  • Other (Please explain)

• Wall mounted (Concealed wires)
  • Wall mounted (Wire under carpet or baseboards)
  • Speaker Stands
  • Bookshelf or end tables
  • I don’t have surround speakers because (Please explain)

• Yes, a wireless surround speaker would be great.
  • Yes, I have a difficult room that doesn’t allow me to conceal the wires.
  • Yes, but only if I could find wireless surrounds that matched my current speakers.
  • No, I don’t trust wireless quality yet.
  • Other (Please explain)

• No, I have outlets all over the place.
  • No, wireless surrounds are the only solution for my room because I can’t get speaker wire there.
  • Yes, I want a clean custom installed look, the power cords would be a deal breaker.
  • Other (Please explain)

• Internal Power Supply, so it has an AC Power cord only.
  • Inline Power adapter such as Power Brick or Wall Wart with thin DC power cord going to the speaker.
  • Doesn’t matter
  • Please explain

• Shape/design of the speaker
  • The size of the speaker
  • The finish/color of the speaker
  • The sound
  • Other (Please explain)

Note this contest ends on March 31st, 2010. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
B

barryh8138

Audiophyte
Contest

Not important. Sound is what matters.

Speaker Stands

Yes, a wireless surround speaker would be great.

No, I have outlets all over the place.

The sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis