Enter to Win: Wireless Subwoofer from Aperion Audio!

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

menace23

Audiophyte
1. How important is it to you to match the look of the surround sound speakers with the front speakers in a 5.1 or 7.1 system?

[*]Somewhat important. I would like to get a matching set, but what works best for my theater/space is of most importance.

2. Currently, if you have surround speakers where are they located? If don’t have surrounds, why not?
  • Wall mounted (Concealed wires)

3. If there was a high quality wireless surround sound speaker available would you consider it for a home theater system?
  • No, I don’t trust wireless quality yet.

4. Wireless speakers have the amplifiers built in and so they need to be plugged into the wall for power. Would this limit you from considering wireless surrounds?
  • Yes, I want a clean custom installed look, the power cords would be a deal breaker.

5. When you buy audio electronics, some products use an inline power adapter (“Power Brick”/”Wall Wart”). If you are considering a wireless speaker for surrounds and where you’d place them, which would you prefer? (Please choose one)
  • Doesn’t matter

6. If you were looking for a surround speaker to match your existing front speakers but had to buy another brand, what features would be the most important to you?
  • The size of the speaker

G

Guinness6

Junior Audioholic
How important is it to you to match the look of the surround sound speakers with the front speakers in a 5.1 or 7.1 system?

Somewhat important. I would like to get a matching set, but what works best for my theater/space is of most importance.

2. Currently, if you have surround speakers where are they located? If don’t have surrounds, why not?

Bookshelf or end tables

3. If there was a high quality wireless surround sound speaker available would you consider it for a home theater system?

Yes, a wireless surround speaker would be great.

4. Wireless speakers have the amplifiers built in and so they need to be plugged into the wall for power. Would this limit you from considering wireless surrounds?

No, I have outlets all over the place.

5. When you buy audio electronics, some products use an inline power adapter (“Power Brick”/”Wall Wart”). If you are considering a wireless speaker for surrounds and where you’d place them, which would you prefer? (Please choose one)

Doesn’t matter

6. If you were looking for a surround speaker to match your existing front speakers but had to buy another brand, what features would be the most important to you?

The size of the speaker
The sound

T

typh00n

Enthusiast
1. How important is it to you to match the look of the surround sound speakers with the front speakers in a 5.1 or 7.1 system?
D. Somewhat important. I would like to get a matching set, but what works best for my theater/space is of most importance.

Bookshelf or end tables

Doesn’t matter

D. The sound

T

tyrael44

Audiophyte

4. Somewhat important. I would like to get a matching set, but what works best for my theater/space is of most importance.

3. Speaker Stands

2. Yes, I have a difficult room that doesn’t allow me to conceal the wires.

1. No, I have outlets all over the place.

1. Internal Power Supply, so it has an AC Power cord only.

4. The sound

Brian_the_King

Brian_the_King

Full Audioholic
Somewhat important. I would like to get a matching set, but what works best for my theater/space is of most importance.

Wall mounted (Wire under baseboards and up through wall)

Yes, I want a clean custom installed look, the power cords would be a deal breaker.

5. When you buy audio electronics, some products use an inline power adapter (“Power Brick”/”Wall Wart”). If you are considering a wireless speaker for surrounds and where you’d place them, which would you prefer?
Internal Power Supply, so it has an AC Power cord only.

The sound

S

Silverstorm

Enthusiast
d) Somewhat important. I would like to get a matching set, but what works best for my theater/space is of most importance.
f) Other (Please explain) - WAF would much prefer matching.

b) Wall mounted (Concealed wires) - actually in ceiling.

b) Yes, I have a difficult room that doesn’t allow me to conceal the wires.

c) Yes, I want a clean custom installed look, the power cords would be a deal breaker.

c) Doesn’t matter

c) The finish/color of the speaker - due to WAF
d) The sound

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Not important. Sound is what matters.

Speaker Stands

Other - I don't have outlets all over the place, so this could be an issue.

The sound

I

inklesspaper

Audiophyte
Contest Questions:

1. Not important. Sound is what matters.

1. Wall mounted (Concealed wires)

1. Yes, a wireless surround speaker would be great.

4. Yes, the power cords could be a deal breaker due to availability of oulets

4. The sound

B

bigspur1984

Enthusiast

1. Yes, a wireless surround speaker would be great.

3. Yes, I want a clean custom installed look, the power cords would be a deal breaker.

2. Inline Power adapter such as Power Brick or Wall Wart with thin DC power cord going to the speaker.

4. The sound

tesseract

tesseract

Audioholic
Contest Questions:

4. Somewhat important. I would like to get a matching set, but what works best for my theater/space is of most importance.

5. I don’t have surround speakers because (Please explain) I am currently 2.1 here.

4. The sound

C

chuck_herron

Audiophyte
Enter to Win: Wireless Subwoofer from Aperion Audio

Not important. My surround speakers are on the other side of the room so it doesn’t really matter if they all match or not.
Not important. My subwoofer doesn’t match anyway.
Very important, if they don’t match the other speakers I’d rather not use surrounds.
Other (Please explain)

Wall mounted (Concealed wires)
Wall mounted (Wire under carpet or baseboards)
Speaker Stands
Bookshelf or end tables
I don’t have surround speakers because (Please explain) My circa 1986 Zenith CTV just bit the dust, and I've ordered a new Panasonic TC-P50S2 Plasma HDTV. All the reviews say that the speakers in most flat screens are an afterthought, and I have some hearing impairment from my time spent in the Army. Due to some recent employment changes, my wife and I now live in an apartment. We used to have a sophisticated Mirage Sound System in our home. We're only now to the point in our recovery, where we can possibly look toward acquiring a more basic sound system for our viewing and listening enjoyment.
Yes, I have a difficult room that doesn’t allow me to conceal the wires.
Yes, but only if I could find wireless surrounds that matched my current speakers.
No, I don’t trust wireless quality yet.
Other (Please explain)

No, wireless surrounds are the only solution for my room because I can’t get speaker wire there.
Yes, I want a clean custom installed look, the power cords would be a deal breaker.
Other (Please explain)

Inline Power adapter such as Power Brick or Wall Wart with thin DC power cord going to the speaker.
Doesn’t matter
Please explain

Shape/design of the speaker
The size of the speaker
The finish/color of the speaker
The sound
Other (Please explain)

W

WaywerdSon

Audiophyte
Enter to Win: Wireless Subwoofer from Aperion Audio

Wall mounted (Concealed wires)

Other (Please explain) If the need arose and there was a quailty system to use, I would consider it, but only if there was no pratical way to hardwire them.

Internal Power Supply, so it has an AC Power cord only. -Wallwarts can often make it very difficult to plug more than one device into a wall outlet and can bllock outlets on a surge protector

The sound

F

FridayPattycake

Audiophyte

2. Wall mounted (Wire under carpet or baseboards)

3. Yes, but only if I could find wireless surrounds that matched my current speakers.

4. The sound

R

Rozako

Audiophyte
sub contest

Somewhat important. I would like to get a matching set, but what works best for my theater/space is of most importance. (Not to mention the budget.)

I don’t have surround speakers because (Budget-& a new TV has priority)

Other (I would consider wireless, but lean to wired. One thing I wonder about is... Is there a limit to how many radio waves we can pump into our environment before something, like quality or health, is adversely affected?)

Other (More flexibility, but would still need work.)

5. When you buy audio electronics, some products use an inline power adapter (“Power Brick”/”Wall Wart”). If you are considering a wireless speaker for surrounds and where you’d place them, which would you prefer?
Doesn’t matter... or does it?
Please explain (Good question—I'd have to research. Simple plug is more convenient but would a brick keep the component cooler or be otherwise beneficial?)

The sound

M

madler

Audiophyte

4. Bookshelf or end tables

3. Doesn’t matter

4. The sound

D

darthjason

Enthusiast

4. Other (Please explain) It really depends on the room and situation. If I was using speaker stands non-issue. Wall mount I may go through the effort of getting wire there.

4. Please explain. Bricks are are ugly the cabinet could be made to hide the power supply. Further depending it could block outlets on the surge.

4. The sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis