Enter to Win: SVS PB12-NSD or a SB12-NSD!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

agent4678

Audiophyte
awesome entry is awesome

Question 1:
What are the SVS Bill of Rights and which is your favorite?
SVS' pledge to provide an excellent customer experience. Promise number 6, the one year trade-up policy is my favorite.

Question 2:
What is the next product you would like to see from SVS? Describe it in as much detail as you like, and let us know what it should cost.

Would love some outdoor/rugged speakers and sub.

$500/pair - speakers
$1000 - sub

Question 3:
What do you look for in a great subwoofer?

The SVS logo:D

B

Beansrdone

Audiophyte
Question 1:
What are the SVS Bill of Rights and which is your favorite? #6 1 year trade up policy. That's cool

Question 2:
What is the next product you would like to see from SVS? Describe it in as much detail as you like, and let us know what it should cost. I say, keep doing what you do best, subwoofers

Question 3:
What do you look for in a great subwoofer? Good clean sound, plain and simple

M

maaja

Audiophyte
Question 1:

This "SVS Bill of Rights" is SVS's pledge to its consumers. It consists of 11 detailed promises in regards to customer service and satisfaction.

My favorite is promise #4, FREE shipping!

Question 2:

I would love to see the SVS subwoofer lineup include some more alternate styles, such as rosenut with a deep glossy finish. I wouldn't mind paying extra for a premium appearance, within reason of coarse.

Question 3:

I am a true believer that you pay for what you get. Most of the time this is true. I look for a balance in performance, quality, craftsmanship, style and features all at a reasonable price. When purchasing sound equipment for my home I only go with the best within my budget. In a good woofer I would expect to see various features. For example, variable tuning, DSP control, and high quality components that will last as long as the home I am putting it in are important. It is also nice to have an energy efficient setup, such as a power saving mode that will minimize power consumption when the components are not being used. Other features like LCD displays and such are nice but do not really weigh heavily on my purchasing decision... It all comes down to sound quality.

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
Question 1:

They are a set of company standard and expectation to give the customer confidence in the SVS line of products. The best is the 5 year warranty.

Question 2:
What is the next product you would like to see from SVS? Describe it in as much detail as you like, and let us know what it should cost.

I would like to see a sealed 15" sub that is less than $800.

Question 3:
Bang for the buck, plus a great balance between music an movie performance.

Thanks for the great contest.

Jeff R.

M

Mike JL

Audioholic Intern
Question 1:
11 customer-service-oriented promises that set SVS apart from most other audio manufacturers. My favorite is the one-year upgrade.

Question 2:
I'd like to see a great automotive sub that can be mounted under a seat for under $200.

Question 3:
Performance, obviously, but also WAF - great furniture-grade cabinets that fit into most home decor.

G

Grador

Audioholic Field Marshall
#1: The bill of rights are a set of service guarantees. I personally like the 5 year warranty.

#2: An outdoor sub to round off my patio system would be fantastic. Possibly something that looked like a storage box to fit in with a standard backyard setup. Easy access to a highpass filter and volume would be a must to keep neighbors happy at night. Ideally it would be less than $550, lets face it, I don't need the highest quality for my backyard.

#3: A great subwoofer must be able to blend seamlessly and transparently with stereo speakers, it's job is to tack on the bottom end they aren't capable of providing. It should have quick, lifelike response to be able to keep my bass sounding like whatever it's trying to reproduce, not amorphous "bass." Ideally it should be able to pack some nice rumble and punch for movie explosions when asked.

F

fumanchu9

Audiophyte
1) The bill of rights is SVS's pledge to consumers. The five year guarantee is my favorite, even though theyll probably outlast that, its nice just in case something does happen.

2) I'd love a sealed sub under $500

3) The highest quality for the lowest possible price

Landshark1

Landshark1

Audiophyte
Question 1:
Answer 1:
SVS's promise of their excellent service & value to the consumers. 60 days guaranteed price.

Question 2:
Answer 2:
May be a high performance smaller sub, like 12"x12"x12", for better WAF, and for use in most modern small living room, or for those use as a 2nd system (e.g. in the bedroom). You know, not many people could have a dedicated man cave (home theater) to hide a 2 cubic feet monster. (I'm grateful to be one of the lucky guy ;) ). But for those who lives in urban city (apartment, condo, modern urban style decor, etc.) or need a sub for place like bedroom, it seems like there's nothing that SVS could offer to those people at the current lineup. And it might be a good unexplored market there for the company. Price <$1000 (realistically <$800) in order to stay competitive to others.

Question 3:
Answer 3:
Performance (of cos), but also appearance too. You know to many people, it's going to be a piece of living room furniture & will need high WAF.

S

seylermoon

Enthusiast
Q1:
A1:
The SVS Bill of Rights is a pledge consisting of 11 promises in order to guarantee that one will have the best experience in the world. My favorite is the total system support, as I find it very comforting to be able to speak to helpful customer service representatives when things go awry.

Q2:
A2:
Since the cheapest model is the SB12-NSD, I think a sub that uses a 10" woofer and is based on the same idea as the SB12 would be a great addition to the SVSound lineup. There are very few 10" sealed subs that can give awesome music performance, and one from SVSound would sure give the $450-$500 price region a good run for its money. I think SVSound has the potential to easily break that $500 subwoofer performance barrier that is occupied by the likes of the Rythmik FV12 and the HSU VTF-2.

Question 3:
Answer 3:
Despite the fact that bigger is generally better when it comes to subwoofers, I like the idea of a small subwoofer creating massive impact. The idea of efficiency in having something small creating much bigger sound than it should is very appealing to me. SVSound already does this pretty well with the SB12-NSD, but I think it could be even more appealing to me (as I live in a small apartment) to have a 10" option that excels with fast-paced bass-heavy music.

H

Haberskir

Enthusiast
Question 1:
My favorite are all 11 of them. But if I have to name just one It would be the 5-YEAR UNCONDITIONAL WARRANTY. I do love the addition of the 1-YEAR TRADE-UP POLICY.

Question 2:
What is the next product you would like to see from SVS? Describe it in as much detail as you like, and let us know what it should cost.I am looking for a subwoofer for my home theatre. I would like a sub that is reasonable small, looks GREAT, sounds fantastic and priced between $300.00 and $600.00.

Question 3:
I look for something that has no dimensions larger than 20", looks like a high end AV product and costs that don't take a big of bite out of my pocket.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Question 1:

A set of SVS policies intended to provide an excellent customer experience and to inspire confidence in new shoppers. My favorite? Tough call, but I'd say the 45-day return policy - that's important for products that can't be auditioned easily before purchasing.

Question 2:

Custom covers for the cylinder subs (definitely for current owners, but perhaps also for new orders). I'd love to be able to switch out the color on my Ultra. Cost would depend on the material, of course, but I think cloth covers similar to the stock covers should be about $100. I think that wood laminate covers would be excellent and in the $500 range (I remember the days of old when SVS sold wood covered cylinders).

Question 3:

Sub-20Hz response, flat response over the range that I'm using it for, room eq (to help flatten the respons), capability to play loud, and a great company that stands behind it. That's why I bought a PC13-Ultra. :D

MFranken

Audiophyte
Question 1:
The Warinty

Question 2:
Something my husband would like. It would not cost a lot. :)

Question 3:
One my husband will stop asking me to buy for him.

S

sqguy82

Audiophyte
A pledge to excellent customer service.
1-YEAR TRADE-UP POLICY

Question 2:
A 10" in wall subwoofer similiar in price and cost to compete with velodynes offering, approximately $750 MSRP, but with that classic SVS sound.

Question 3:
I look at construction of the actual subwoofer. One that is built like a tank but as responsive as a lighter subwoofer.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
Question 1:

It is the standard that all companies should adhere to, especially the free shipping but the 5 year warranty is my Fav.

Question 2:

I would like a small sealed powerhouse that has furniture grade build quality , something the WAF passes hands down.

Question 3:

Same as above, excellent performance with a top notch finish as in cabinet/furniture grade and yet still affordable for even the entry level HT enthusiast, after all times are tough :D

T

tigagig

Audiophyte
Question 1:

Set of promises from SVS to the customer - all to enhance/ensure excellent customer service and support.

Question 2:

Quality cabinet (needs to look as good as it performs); small sealed box design that fills a large space with tight, accurate bass. Oh, and under $1,000 would be nice. (I know, I'm asking a lot!).

Question 3:

One that blends seamlessly into the system. I want the bass, but don't want it to be obvious that it's coming from the sub. Automatically adjustable eq for music vs movie use.

C

collegeaudio

Audioholic
Question 1:

A set of customer service promises. Free shipping and the 5 year warranty.

Question 2:

A reasonably priced amp, two channels is fine. Around $300-$400.

Question 3:

Value. It doesnt need to be the best, it just needs to be the best bang for my buck.

E

E-A-G-L-E-S

Full Audioholic
Question 1:

Eleven promises from the company to the customer, assurance that you are buying quality from a quality company.
My favorite is #6, 1-Year Trade-Up Policy, never know when you may move.

Question 2:

A lower priced 13" ported option. It would be on its' way in place of the PB12-NSD I more than happily ordered last night.

Question 3:

1. Solid, clean extension down to 16-18Hz
2. Ample headroom in the amplifier
3. Cost
4. Quality components and cabinets
5. Quality company standing behind their product with years of great service
6. Looks of enclosure(WAF-GAF)

H

HiRez1394

Junior Audioholic
SVS Subwoofer Contest

Question 1: What are the SVS Bill of Rights and which is your favorite? Response: SVS Bill of Rights represent SVS’s pledge that its customers will have the best shopping experience thanks to the finest audio products in the world and world-class customer service and support. I don’t have one favorite but two: Promises #6 (1-year trade-up policy) and #8 (5-year unconditional warranty).

Question 2: What is the next product you would like to see from SVS? Describe it in as much detail as you like, and let us know what it should cost. Response: I appreciate your cylinder designs but would like to see a $500-$600 price point (including shipping) without sacrificing NSD-associated specifications.

Question 3: What do you look for in a great subwoofer? Response: A specification of 20 Hz, an affordable price point ($500-$600), at least several hundred watts of RMS power, a respectable brand name that can be trusted, and positive professional magazine reviews and/or online customer reviews.

Q

q2bon2b

Enthusiast
Question 1:

SVS' set of eleven clear promises backing its products and is akin to a customer's iron-clad Bill of Rights relating to SVS products.

Favorite: #1 - 45 days total satisfaction guarantee. Ensure that I will be able to comfortably try out the product with my components in my actual listening environment. 45 days is a good time period to engage in serious tweaking and listening. Speaks well for SVS confidence in customer's satisfaction of its products.

Question 2:

Sealed dual 12 " drivers sub priced less than $999. Tight and fast bass, good amp and power, with different finishes. As compact as possible.

Question 3:

Performance. Tight bass. Quality build. Quality components. Good design. Choices of different finishes. Competitive priced.

J

JuiceZ

Audiophyte
Question 1:

A set of promises to provide excellent customer service and warranty support. My favorite is definitely the 1-YEAR TRADE-UP POLICY because I regularly catch the upgrade bug :D

Question 2:

A lower end sub in the $300-$400 range that outperforms everything in its class.

Question 3:

Definitively sub 20Hz flat response, high quality build materials and attention to detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis