Enter to Win: Subwoofer Upgrade from Axiom Audio

What best describes the system(s) in your residence?

• Multiple Audio/Video systems linked together

Votes: 9 10.6%
  • Multiple Audio/Video systems not linked together

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • A single audio and video system in a designated room

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • A single audio and video system in a multi-purpose room

Votes: 32 37.6%
  • A single audio system (no video)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just a TV

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Other (please describe below)

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cleansparks

Enthusiast
I currently have a 2.0 stereo setup for music at my computer.

And a 7.1 surround system for my home theater.

These are not connected. Although I was thinking about buying something like a squeezebox to access my music from my home theater.

B

brucewoodington

Audioholic Intern
Denon 4806:

Zone 1 (family room) with Sony 60" SXRD, and Axiom 6.1 speakers

Zone 2 feeds Yamaha RXV 2095
Yamaha Zone 1 (basement) feeds pair of Adcom GF555 for front channels, AR9 towers and center, with Axiom surrounds, and older Sony 50"

Yamaha Zone 2 feeds hot tub.

Denon Zone 3 feeds amp for in walls in living and dining rooms

rplotkin

Audiophyte
right now, working on one room is the best strategy for our apartment. but there's no reason that room can't have some hardcore audio. I need to get the rest of the Axiom set to match my surrounds, and I can't wait...

D

dennisdxl32

Enthusiast
A single audio and video system in a multi-purpose room

Since we currently live in an apartment, our modest system in the living room is adequate. An older Sony 6.1 receiver takes sound and video from a PS2, GameCube, and DVD player, and feeds them to the JBL bookshelf speakers, KLH sub, and JVC CRT TV.

I'm drooling at the prospect of outfitting a dedicated HT room in our new home with all-new gear. :D

Totoro

Junior Audioholic
I have a HT system and several stereo systems. If you count mini and portable systems, I have one in every room except the kitchen, which is joined to the living room. None is connected in any way. Each is a stand-alone system and so I burn mp3 discs for each room. Works fine.

P

Puppetz

Audioholic Intern
Our floor plan does not cleanly lend itself to having a dedicated home theater room, so we have speakers/receiver/TV/DVD/video games all hooked up in our great room.

H

hogfan

Audioholic Intern
Currently have a Frankenstein speaker system set up in a big room (23.5'x30' W/ 12' vaulted ceilings):D . The family wants a pool table instead of matching speakers. Since I'm the only male (dogs don't count) I'm not likley to win this:( . It took until last year to get my 57" HDTV. They do love the big TV but don't see the connection audio will make.:confused:

S

sharmaravi

Enthusiast
Currently living in an apartment and have nothing except a 25" tv. Will be moving to a new house in January (just one more month) which has a dedicated media room above the attached garage. Planing to set up a nice home theater there. Can't wait. Busy reading reviews these days.

B

bersik

Junior Audioholic
Pretty simple...I don't have the room to designate a room specifically to audio/video and I don't have the money to create a multi-room experience. Hope to change that someday ;)

ChrisJam

ChrisJam

Full Audioholic
Right now we have one system, a 5.1 set-up. (I don't count my 2.0 computer set-up.) We have a family room on a lower floor that we'll redo next year, and it'd be fun to have two systems when that room's done. Given the right house, we might even like a good 2.0 or 2.1 system for music, and a dedicated 5.1 HT.

Chris

Guiria

Guiria

Senior Audioholic
Main 5.1 system in our TV room
iPod speaker dock in kitchen, also used in the living room
1 floorstander in the master Bedroom with TV running through old AV receiver.
Nothing is connected, however I do have some CAT5 runs throughout the house and hope to be able to use that someday in linking up systems to one source.

V

viking68

Enthusiast
Multi-Purpose Room w/Sony XBR Widescreen, Bohlendar Grabener Speakers, Newcastle Receiver & DVD Player. Gets me by!

S

Shortsord

Audioholic Intern
I have two rooms, one for ht and one for stereo. I know that it would be easier and cheaper to merge the components into one, but I can't bear to do that. I feel that keeping them separate keeps me from making any unnecessary compromises to the quality of the system. I also think it allows me more flexibility for moving things around in the future.

Johns57

Audiophyte
I'm building my retirement home so I'll need a completely new HT system. Looking at several systems but would REALLY like the Axiom Epic 80 HT system with the EP500 sub with a Denon A/V receiver and DVD player.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
We have a multi-purpose 'great' room that becomes RJBUDZ Central for entertainment and living. We also pipe sound to the separate office for simple two channel listening.

G

GiantKillerRobo

Audiophyte
EP80 on the way soon

Hello,
We currently have a multipurpose basement room with an Infocus projector, yamaha RX-v2500, and a bunch of Polks on the receiving end of the amps. We are ordering the Epic 80 to replace the polks, and a bunch of room treatments to work with the concrete walls a little better. Our house is a small 1930s Cape Cod, so one dedicated room is all I get from the Ministry of Floor Space and Finance for AV fun.

Cheers, GiantKillerRobot

---EDIT---

Hooray - the EP-80 600 is on the way! Thanks for the great service Axiom!

Jeff Blackwood

Last edited:
D

daman4799

Junior Audioholic
I have two systems running but sure could use a good sub in just one.

Later, Daman

M

MatrixDweller

Enthusiast
Under construction

I am currently building a dedicated 11 x 20 home theater room. I have the framing and subfloor complete along with the electrical. The room will feature, staggered stud walls, recessed lighting controlled remotely by Lutron dimmers, rear seating platform, raised front stage and will have home made acoustical treatments (QRDs, panel absorbers).

As for the components put into it. I recently bought a used Denon AVR3805 and will temporarily use my old Cerwin Vega speakers. I have still yet to buy the projector and screen (or Plasma). I will use my Samsung HD850 for the time being until a dual format HD-DVD/Blu Ray player is available.

H

HiRez1394

Junior Audioholic
What best describes the system(s) in your residence?

Response: I have a single audio-video system in a multi-purpose room, specifically, a 6.1 HT system in my open-area family room. This arrangement has its good and bad points. The plus is the undeniable convenience for the family to go straight from the kitchen into the family room to settle down to a good movie or TV program. The drawback is the ever-present volume level, which can be distracting to anyone who wants some peace and quiet, especially at night.

F

fattyboombah85

Enthusiast
I voted other. I only have a TV and a computer atm. I am saving though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis