Enter to Win: Subwoofer Upgrade from Axiom Audio

What best describes the system(s) in your residence?

• Multiple Audio/Video systems linked together

Votes: 9 10.6%
  • Multiple Audio/Video systems not linked together

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • A single audio and video system in a designated room

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • A single audio and video system in a multi-purpose room

Votes: 32 37.6%
  • A single audio system (no video)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just a TV

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Other (please describe below)

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. Lamb Fries

Mr. Lamb Fries

Full Audioholic
single multi purpose room, and my old home theater in the bedroom.

C

ceberle

Audiophyte
The focal room of our first floor is a living room and theater. I have integrated a 5.1 system together with a 50" RPTV in a custom cabinet. It was built around the screen so the TV becomes part of the unit which is set into a corner. My upgrades have begun with the recent order of a Denon 3806 and 2930. Axiom speakers will be added soon as well. Since this is our only large room, it must serve for entertaining guests as well as other activities such as reading.

F

frankv

Audiophyte
Multiple systems

I have multiple systems in different rooms with no interconnection. Long term I may add one more system that will be able to connect via AirPort Express with a system in another room. Those systems will remain separate however in the sense that they will be able to sink different sources if desired.

P

peakjunkie

Audiophyte
Networking for the future

We're building a new house with the intention that the A/V system will be fully connected using Cat5.

The new Pioneer TVs look to be starting the "tide" of everything being Cat5 enabled.

N

NMEU

Audiophyte
I have the regular 5.1 that is very out dated. I would like to step up to a 7.2 system that would be awesome.

Anagoge

Anagoge

Junior Audioholic
I have "A single audio and video system in a multi-purpose room". The reason is limited space in my current home, so I have to share my AV space with the living room. If we ever do build a home, it will have a small home theater room.

A

adefelice

Audiophyte
Tv

I currently have a sony 60 sxrd xbr2. Its new,its great. I need a great 5.1 system to go with it. Axiom here I come.
ad

M

Mat_M

Audiophyte
Theater room has a 7.1 system with Polk speakers, family room has a cheapo HTiB since the WAF is a big factor.

marcusvb05

Audiophyte
ht in progress

hmmm...nothing much of a/v gear right now. gave away my old tv, sold my old polks but bought a new house :p

looking for a 50" plasma for the family room with 3.1 setup for the wife. as for me, mabye sanyo pj with 5.1 setup in media room. a friend is selling his b&k 200wpc x 5 amp and need some good speakers to go with this. hope the christmas bonus is good this year... :D

Sir Launcelot

Audiophyte
My set up

Currently I have a 67" DLP from Samsung, HL-S6767W. I am looking for some speakers that can match the size of this screen, and a nice receiver to replace my old old old Aiwa system.

K

kleinwl

Audioholic
Just a little old 27" Toshiba CRT.

Yes, I bought at my first job, out of school in 2001... but it's still going strong. Now that I'm married and everything, a tv or sound system is the last thing on our priority list. Surfing this website is kind of what I'm dreaming I'll be able to afford once I turn 40 or so....

L

Livin

Audioholic Intern
Whole House audio (Niles & NXG speakers) + Home Theatre (Marantz, Parasound, JBL)

I

iq513

Audiophyte
It's a multiple system household here, with each room having it's own system. Well, that's an over statement. There's a radio/CD player in the bedroom, a computer with MP3/network radio in the office, an old reciver in the garage along with the retired speakers and the new stuff is going in the family room. There's not much room for further retirements! A music distribution system would be great, but it's more effort and cost that I'd rather put towards an improved home theater setup.

I guess that's really the reason, cost and I don't want to hassle with getting rid of working equipment. It's not high end stuff, so reselling isn't an option. I could do Craig's list or ebay, but everyone is looking for home theater components, not this old junk. My wallet is happy!

B

B5I8

Audioholic
I have a single audio and video system in a multi-purpose room. I don't have any rooms I can dedicate specifically to a HT room. Also, I could only afford the one system and I am always trying to improve it. It is a never ending cycle of spending more money and more money on the new toys that keep coming.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
One multi-purpose system, one room. (at this time it's the only one that counts);)

Just a living room with a 36" tube TV and 5.1 audio.

I have a 2.0 set up in the drum room but I won't count it or the three other TV's with or with out dvd players or VCR's attached.:confused:

SBF1

petro55

Enthusiast
New system

I live with a roomate and he owns a 50 inch Sony lcd projection tv. He is a real piece of work, he never pays bills on time so my lease is up in january and i plan on moving out on my own. I am planning my home theatre already. I was looking at the vizio 50inch plasma, the outlaw1070 and a complete speaker system from axiom. I have done days of research and figured that those are the best speakers for the money although i have not heard them before.

crewst

crewst

Enthusiast

Multiple A/V systems not connected.

We currently have a family room TV (60" SXRD), with 3 channel audio being replaced soon with 5.1 from Axiom.

The MBR has only a TV (soon to receive the family room 3 channel).

The basement has only a TV with a 2-channel bookshelf system.

None of the systems are connected, but 1-year-plus plans include a dedicated theater addition, at which time there may be a single A/V storage system.

F

faroff

Audiophyte
One AV system in a family room......cheap polk audio speakers saving for update not sure what i am going to go with though

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I have a 7.1 speaker setup with a 50" DLP in my bedroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis