Enter to Win: Subwoofer Upgrade from Axiom Audio

What best describes the system(s) in your residence?

• Multiple Audio/Video systems linked together

Votes: 9 10.6%
  • Multiple Audio/Video systems not linked together

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • A single audio and video system in a designated room

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • A single audio and video system in a multi-purpose room

Votes: 32 37.6%
  • A single audio system (no video)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just a TV

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Other (please describe below)

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Acoustician

Audiophyte
Win a sub...nice idea

I went through a divorce acouple of years ago and "negotiated" with the ex to keep the A/V system. It was a custom built-in system: 50" Mitsy., Denon AVR, Denon CD, Denon DVD, Denon Cassette, Celestion speakers, Velodyne sub. I actually had some motivation to get a new system as it was ~10 years old...;) I moved out with a pizza pan and a spatula.

After 2 years of intense investigations - reading, listening, viewing, talking, asking questions, etc... I finally pulled the trigger on a NEW system last week. 60" Sony, Denon AVR, Denon DVD/CD/SACD, Monster Power and the Axiom Epic 80/500 speaker system. Just put it all together the other evening. Initial set up required some playing with speaker locations and after using the Denon/Audyssey system...WOW!!

I have been listening to all my favorite music and bought the Eric Clarton Crossroads Guitar Festival DVD... watched/listen to the whole thing and felt like I was at the concert...unbelievable.

An additional sub would be awsome!! :cool:

Thanks to Clint for getting me set up for the Forum and keep up the good work at Audioholis.com. I am a regular viewer and will continue to be.

Listening/Viewing and Enjoying! :D

william

william

Enthusiast
Response: A single audio and video system in a multi-purpose room.

My family room is currently my "home theater" room with 32" Sony TV, Harmon Kardon 5.1 channel receiver, an old set of stereo speakers combined with a book shelf speaker serving as a center channel. Recently, began looking to upgrade my speaker situation to full 5.1 Home Theater capability. I have another 2nd floor room that I am looking at possibly remodeling into a "true" home theater.

supervij

supervij

Audioholic General
Yup, I'm in the "a single audio and video system in a multi-purpose room" section.

It's my living room, and I use it not just for the HT, but for socializing and eating meals. It's a 27" SDTV (HDTV coming hopefully in a couple months), A/V receiver, 6.1 setup, DVD player, VCR, record player.

To tell the truth, a sub upgrade would be brilliant for me. Whenever there's an album playing that has lots of bass or a movie with explosions or whatever, I always take a glance at the sub, and sure enough the light is on, indicating the sub's receiving a signal, but I wonder just how much it's giving me. It's level matched plus 2 dB, but still I sometimes feel it's just not giving me much (despite SheepStar's review). Anyway, an upgrade might be really sweet.

I do have a PVR video card in my computer, but I don't really consider my computer another video system. I mean, it's just a 19" monitor, 2.1 sound, and analog cable signal. Nothing fancy -- certainly nothing I'd consider another system.

cheers,
supervij

B

Bambus

Enthusiast
I have a A/V system in a single room setup.

I have upgraded every component and speaker in my setup except the sub. It is quite an expansive component of HT, but i know it is crucial to have a good sub. Right now i have a 10" Kenwood sub, which is just not powerful enough for my HT room. Hopefully will upgrade soon, so I can enjoy the low frequencies the way they were meant to be heard (and felt).

Thnx

frankf

frankf

Junior Audioholic
subwoofer

I currently have a designated home theater room that employs a definite pf1500 subwoofer.
It is a great sub-woofer but I need to save some space. My room is eight foot at the screen end of the room and thirdteen feet at the widest with an overall length of twentfive foot.

N

Nuke

Enthusiast
Just using a Panasonic Home Theater in a Box for now.

The house we just started building, however, gets a new 7.1 Axiom system with three other systems elsewhere in the house (all in storage now).

Go Axiom!

- Nuke

B

baglorious

Audiophyte
I have a Mitsubishi 65" CRT (WS-65819) in the main room of the house we just moved into, and just purchased a Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV a few days ago. I haven't had the time (or funds, really) to buy a good speaker setup and run wires through the floor/walls, but have been planning to do so for the last few months. I am currently borrowing a pair of Klipsch bookshelf speakers from a friend for two-channel use, and am really looking forward to installing a 5.1 setup soon. I have already planned (with negligible resistance from the significant other) to purchase the Epic 60/500 setup from Axiom... and intended to do so right around the new year. I haven't yet figured out where I'd put the 2nd sub if I were to win... but I am confident I could overcome that challenge.

djayw894

Audiophyte
I have a single room 5.1 setup. I'm suffering from much deserved upgradeitis right now. I have a 60" Sony SXRD, but the audio portion of my setup definitely needs improvement. My receiver is an old crappy Kenwood and my speakers came with the receiver when I bought my HTIB 8 years ago. I have replaced the mains with equally unimpressive Sony towers (I used to be young and dumb, now I'm just dumb :) )

I'm about to buy either a Yamaha RX-V2700 or a Pioneer 84VSX, still trying to choose which. I'm also planning to buy Axiom M80's, VS150, and QS8, along with an EP500 sub, unless I win this contest, in which case I'll go with the EP600. I doubt I need two of them, but I can always sell the 2nd if my house starts to fall down.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
A single audio and video system in a multi-purpose room.

I have my HT setup in a room that acts as my: living/ante room and computer room - this setup is easier to use because I am already in the same room, if the setup is in a dedicated HT, I might not go there as often.

maybe in the future, I can afford a dedicated room

B

Barovia

Audiophyte
After a year of backbreaking work, I finished my basement theater area. I currently have it set up with a 5.1 system and a 50" Panasonic. Hopefully next month we will be moving to a much larger home where my theater area will be around 10,000 cubic feet (it has 20ft loft ceilings in the family room). Having an extra sub in an area this large will be essential to making this system as good as I want it to be. I will most likely be purchasing an Epic 80 600 7.1 (hopefully 7.2 :) ). I am also working on the wife to upgrade the television, but it might be pushing it..

B

bearearz

Junior Audioholic
Subwoffer Upgrade

Basic single room 5.1 setup.I have Harmon Kardon 5.1 channel receiver reciver and "patch-work"speaker system. A good Sub would truly help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis