Enter to Win: SB12-Plus from SVS – Canadian Residents Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mint

Audiophyte
Tom Andry said:
In the latest in the “We review it, You win it” series, SV Sound is offering one (1) SB12-Plus subwoofer to eligible forum members.

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have Canadian Residence 3) Answer the question below in this contest thread.

Contest question: Tell us where you currently have your sub(s) placed in your room, and where you think the perfect placement would be. If those two locations aren’t the same, what are the reasons you can’t place the sub optimally? WAF? Furniture? Room size? Sub size? Etc.

Note this contest ends on November 30th, 2006. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter

Have fun and good luck!
Currently, I'm using my PC for most of my A/V playback using a combination of headphones and a Monsoon MM-1000 2.1 Multimedia Speaker System for sound output. The "subwoofer" component of the Monsoon speaker set (25 watts, 5 1/4 inch driver, cabinet: 8.2 liter, tuned to 53 Hz; 11"H X 10"W X 11"D) has very modest specs and performance obviously when compared to a real high performance subwoofer like the SVS SB12-Plus.

I have the Monsoon subwoofer placed underneath my computer desk, directly below my monitor. I think this is the ideal place to put this subwoofer given that it is used in a PC system environment and because there is enough free space underneath the desk to accommodate it.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MikeyBoy

Audiophyte
I currently have my sub placed between my couch and my chair on the back wall of the H/T room. I know that the perfect placement for the sub I have is in the back corner of the room, as I have tested it with an SPL metre, but this is not practical for me as this is where my fireplace is. the size of the sub also has alot to do with the optimal placement. Although size is important, if it sounds good, it could be the size of a Buick, I would still want one

R

renegade1029

Audiophyte
I currently have a sub in a corner of my room. That way I get the best bass possible, and it is not too boomy.

Ipecacoolic

Audiophyte
I don't have a sub due to money restriction :p. But I would place it in the front left corner of the living room because this is the only place I have enough space for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis