Enter to Win: Rives Audio Test CD 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
I don't have the Rives disc, but I would like to see some 7.1/6.1/5.1 comparisions from somebody.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
While I agree with those who say 7.1 and 5.1 test material would be great, I really think one of the biggest things is making sure that the end user who may be a complete novice, is able to fully utilize your product. To often with these test discs there is a near complete lack of information for the end user on EVERY test that is included. Sure, it is great for someone who has had professional training, but why not include some data files - Like Adobe PDF files and/or some video files on the disc that owners can refer to so that they may fully utilize everything that this disc has to offer, or at least get some info on what they need to learn so that they may some day fully utilize the info.

Meters, test gear, etc. that they may find helpful someday, and stuff that they should leave to profiessionals. The whole nine yards of information, if it were included, would really seem to me, to spark sales references when people are asking what they should purchase to set their system up.

ChrisJam

ChrisJam

Full Audioholic
I'm entered!

Hi,

I've never heard this disc, but I like the idea of it, and would love to win one. My receiver's speaker test tones don't last long enough at 2.5 seconds each.

Improvements? Since I've never heard the disc, I can't say for sure. But from what I've read from other forum members, if this disc doesn't have all-out "let us wow you by showing you what a 5.1 and a 7.1 system really can do" tracks, those would be a good addition.

Chris

V

Vart

Audioholic
I've never used the disc, but would like to check it out sometime.

J

JOYVEN

Audiophyte
I agree with Jace the Ace and do not feel the need for anything else

K

kkrambo

Enthusiast
This might be unreasonable, but how about including a PC program that, when used with a microphone and the test tones, would automatically analyze the responses of each channel and recommend settings for the receiver. Go one step further and customize the output of the analysis for the make and model of receiver.

If the microphone is impractical then maybe just let the user manually enter the data from the SPL meter into the program.

-- Kevin

GTsmokeya

GTsmokeya

Audiophyte

Simple two ideas:
first one is use a dvd instead of a cd, most users will have a dvd player connected anyway. On that note you will be able to record sound demos uncompressed unlike cd's. I believe it would be a better bench mark to hear your system on that.

second kinda stole the idea from monster cables and power but they make a dvd for video setup that is beyond easy for almost any level of user to configure their hd tv so in reverse dumb the sound jargin down so the average user can understand and really benefit from.

GTsmokeya

O

Oguard

Audioholic Intern
Contest Question: What additional features would you like to see on future iterations

Pink/white noise generation to allow for proper speaker burn-in.

Surround test tones for each channel in each suround format; 5.1, 6.1, 7.1, 10.2

Really though the disc is virtually complete and very useful. Can I have one please?:eek:

Oguard

R

Reorx

Full Audioholic
Contest Question: What additional features would you like to see on future iterations of the Rives Test CD?
I would like to hear demo's like everybody else.
More specifically, demo's using the new Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD formats.

W

wafflebird

Audioholic
Tutorials for novices

Maybe a how to set-up data file and an informative mini guide for folks who really don't understand surround sound would be great.:cool:

supervij

supervij

Audioholic General
I don't know a whole lot about the Rives disc, but surround demos would be nice. Something to really show off a system after it's been calibrated.

cheers,
supervij

D

dawoofer

Audiophyte
I've heard great things about this CD, but have never had the opportunity to try one. I would love to hear what all the fuss is about and find out the true benefits of the Rives Audio Test CD!

xboxweasel

xboxweasel

Full Audioholic
What additional features would you like to see on future iterations of the Rives Test CD?
Unless they release a Rives Audio Test DVD then we are limited to 74 minutes of 2 channel audio. Looking at the track list I think the CD is put together very nicely.

So, to answer the question, I would like to see a DVD version where we could play back the test tones in each speaker separately and in unison.

sleepysurf

sleepysurf

Junior Audioholic
Some type of "imaging" tests, similar to the LEDR tracks on the Chesky Audiophile Test CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis