Enter to Win: Rives Audio Test CD 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Rives is giving away three (3) Rives Audio Test CD 2 this month in our dedicated forum contest.

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA or Canadian Residence 3) Answer the question below in this contest thread:

Contest Question: What additional features would you like to see on future iterations of the Rives Test CD?

Note this contest ends on September 30th 2006. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter

Have fun and good luck!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JaceTheAce

Audioholic
I really don't think the Rives Audio Test CD can have any more features than it already has, other than the possibility of building in a multi-channel level tester for home theater. Some older pre/pros and receivers don't have the level calibration feature and having it included in the test CD would be a great bonus feature.

Last edited:
B

BobBart

Audioholic
I'd like to see some surround sound mixes on it, mostly for demo purposes.

blownrx7

blownrx7

Audioholic
IF there was a way to automate the process....
Otherwise, I second the recommendation for surround test music

Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
Some good demo pieces for different surround set-ups (ie 5.1 vs 7.1)

S

sssutherland

Audiophyte
Some material to show off surround that beats out any THX intro etc would be nice. I have always felt that it would be so easy to make a phenomenal surround test sample that would REALLY show off all aspects of a 5.1 or 7.1 system. And I have felt that the currently available samples just don't really do it.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
I'd like to see a FULL RANGE sweep for each speaker, and speaker/sub.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
JaceTheAce said:
other than the possibility of building in a multi-channel level tester for home theater. .

This would be indeed beneficial as some internal tones are not well matched level wise and, a disc would allow any differences in the audio channel chain to be matched out better.

T

tomahawktim

Audioholic Intern
I am familiar with the name Rives and have heard of the Rives Audio Test before (audioholics.com) but I've never had the cd in hand.

P

PAW

Audioholic Intern
Contest Question: What additional features would you like to see on future iterations of the Rives Test CD?

Sorry I don't know what's on the current CD.

S

Svenhook

Audioholic
I've never actually heard one. But Surround demos might be nice

B

bersik

Junior Audioholic
I would like to see more mixes dedicated to multi-channel scenerios.

N

Nick250

Audioholic Samurai
Hmmmm since I have not used a Rives test CD I can offer no suggestions for improvement. I guess I can not enter the contest. Darn. Wait, I have a great idea. Send me the existing Test Disk, and I will offer plenty of concrete suggestions for improvements. How about it?

Nick

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Test CD updates

Pink noise to each individual surround channels would be great for level calibration. Also, a DVD version that allows you to select the series of tones and intervals and gives you feedback on the currently selected tone would be helpful.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I have not used the Rives Audio Test CD 2 so I am of no help but sample 5.1/7.1 would be nice if there isn't any already.

Bryguy

Bryguy

Audioholic
I couldn't say since I've never used a test cd. I would like to though. Send it my way and then I can answer your question.

Bryguy

B

Brandst

Junior Audioholic
I do not have the test disc so am unsure of what it does and doesn't contain. I have the Digital Video Essentials disc, which helped me calibrate my TV.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis