Enter to Win: PureLink $349 DVI to VGA Converter

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Josuah

Senior Audioholic
It seems people don't understand the analog hole bill that is mentioned in the parent post. Your equipment would be obsolete because of legislation, not because of technical problems. And it would be illegal for you to circumvent that legislation using technical solutions.

http://www.eff.org/IP/Video/hr4569.pdf

JohnA

JohnA

Audioholic Chief
(1)Does your HDTV have a digital input, either DVI or HDMI, with HDCP?

HDTV...nope, I only have a humble 27" Sony TV with a S-Vid input

(2)Did you know that if they close the analog hole in early 2009, your HDTV might be obsolete?

Can't be I don't own one ;)

(3)Confused about how to go digital?

Nope...Digital would be nice, but I can't afford it.

Here is what I have:

27" Sony TV with S-vid
Directv DVR with S-vid
DVD player with S-vid
PS2
Sony VCR
Computer

T

tbarnesarc

Audiophyte
1. Yes HDCP HDMI
2. Yes
3. Not anymore. I have been learning a lot in the past year or so.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
1) Does your HDTV have a digital input, either DVI or HDMI, with HDCP?
Don't have one yet. My wife and I are trying to decide wether we want a projector or a flat pannel or both. (hey it's only money):rolleyes:

2) Did you know that if they close the analog hole in early 2009, your HDTV might be obsolete?
No, but there is going to be a solution. some company somewhere will make a fix. (If there isn't one already)

3)Confused about how to go digital? Tell us what you've got in your system; we'll tell you how to hook it up with our PureLink's Free Digital Connectivity Audit
No, Audioholics has me so smart my head hurts.:eek: Nice page! I'll refer to it in the future.

BTW The word audit in tax season may scare some people!:p

Last edited by a moderator:

chefflizz

Audiophyte
Does your HDTV have a digital input, either DVI or HDMI, with HDCP? No! my T.V. is too old!!
Did you know that if they close the analog hole in early 2009, your HDTV might be obsolete? I did not know that. Thanks!!
Confused about how to go digital? Tell us what you've got in your system; we'll tell you how to hook it up. Not confused just cann't afford digital yet!!

KC23

KC23

Audioholic
Tom Andry said:
Got an older TV that isn't HDCP-friendly? PureLink wants you to win a DVI to VGA converter! The PureLink DC-DA1 digital to analog converter converts un-protected, un-encrypted HD digital content at 1080i or 720p to analog VGA so it can be seen on HDTV's that have no digital input.

We’re giving away our DC-DA1 DVI to VGA converter to one (1) randomly selected winner ($349 MSRP) that responds to the questions below.

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA or Canadian Residence 3) Answer the question below in this forum:

1. Does your HDTV have a digital input, either DVI or HDMI, with HDCP?
  2. Did you know that if they close the analog hole in early 2009, your HDTV might be obsolete?
  3. Confused about how to go digital? Tell us what you've got in your system; we'll tell you how to hook it up with our PureLink's Free Digital Connectivity Audit
Note this contest ends on February 28th 2006. The winner will be drawn shortly thereafter

Have fun and good luck!
1) No digital input
2) No
3) No, didn't know that

Last edited by a moderator:

ajohnson699

Audiophyte
Tom Andry said:
  2. Did you know that if they close the analog hole in early 2009, your HDTV might be obsolete?
  3. Confused about how to go digital? Tell us what you've got in your system; we'll tell you how to hook it up with our PureLink's Free Digital Connectivity Audit
1. No, my HDTV has component input only. It's a 32" Toshiba CRT from 2002.
2. Yes, I was aware my setup could become obsolete...of course I wasn't aware when I bought it; I'm only aware because I regularly read forums like this one.
3. System setup:
Denon 1803
Paradigm 5.1 speaker setup
Toshiba 32" CRT

D

djoxygen

Full Audioholic
1) My Hitachi 43" RP CRT has no digital input.

2) I plan to replace it before 2009

3) If I get in a jam I will certainly check you out.

mlbillow

mlbillow

Audioholic Intern

No. My TV does not support DVI or HDMI.

Had an idea that this was coming, but hopefully it doesn't happen.

3. Confused about how to go digital?

Haven't looked into it too much.

G

GACrabill

Junior Audioholic
Q1. Does your HDTV have a digital input, either DVI or HDMI, with HDCP?

A1. Nope.

Q2. Did you know that if they close the analog hole in early 2009, your HDTV might be obsolete?

A2. Nope.

Q3. Confused about how to go digital?

A3. Yes, but I'll worry about it more in a few years.

blownrx7

blownrx7

Audioholic
Does your HDTV have a digital input, either DVI or HDMI, with HDCP?
No, haven't take the dive yet..
Maybe winning this contest will help...
Did you know that if they close the analog hole in early 2009, your HDTV might be obsolete?
I'm sure the guys at DVI will create a solution for us, right!

Confused about how to go digital? Tell us what you've got in your system; we'll tell you how to hook it up with our PureLink's Free Digital Connectivity Audit
Not confused. I'm just waiting for the formats to shake out a little more. It doesn't take a genius to see that the technology is NOT ready for prime time. Until it is plug and play with no fiddling, the formats and protocals will continue to change at head-spinning pace. When will I take the plunge? As soon as I see one format last longer than 1 FULL year without someone else saying there is something on the horizon that will fix all the problems of the present protocal(s).

F

fireshoes

Enthusiast
1. Yes, DVI w/HDCP
2. Yes
3. Not especially, but I did it anyway.

A

auge.dog

Junior Audioholic
1. Does your HDTV have a digital input, either DVI or HDMI, with HDCP? Yes, DVI.

2. Did you know that if they close the analog hole in early 2009, your HDTV might be obsolete? NO I did not know that.

3. Confused about how to go digital? Yes, it can be confusing.

M

Mesh

Enthusiast
pick me! pick me! (please)

1.Does your HDTV have a digital input, either DVI or HDMI, with HDCP?
I'm hybrid, the center of my home theater is a computer LCD monitor, so yes to DVI but no HDCP.
2.Did you know that if they close the analog hole in early 2009, your HDTV might be obsolete?
Yes I did but seeing how long HDTV content seems to be getting here, wishful thinking indicates analog will always stay around :)
3.Confused about how to go digital? Tell us what you've got in your system; we'll tell you how to hook it up with our PureLink's Free Digital Connectivity Audit
No I'm not confused thanks to audioholics keeping me informed.
Part of my things are digital, apart from dvi being a bit more responsive I see no difference so I've yet to see justification for the expense. Of course I'm new to this videoholics stuff, and always love the detailed articles found on audioholics.com

Mesh

p.s. cross my fingers and hope to win, can't find anywhere within Canada to buy that item :)

K

korgoth

Full Audioholic
no it doesnt, and no i didnt know that

i dont have enough money to buy a new tv and go digital, plus i dont see any reason to, since i wouldnt be able to use the hd cable, and no movies are in hd yet.

i definately will in the future though

B. Gretzler

B. Gretzler

Audiophyte
All set to go

1: My JVC IArt pro has a DVI input
2: I did know about the digital crossover (hell, it's my best sales pitch) but I'm not concerned. My equipment is already compliant and I'm up and running.
3: I'm pretty well set. My hi-def cable DVR is running component, my off-air tuner is running DVI, and everything will work out after the crossover (considering I'm running digital now and all is right with the world).

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis