Enter to Win: PureLink $349 DVI to VGA Converter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Got an older TV that isn't HDCP-friendly? PureLink wants you to win a DVI to VGA converter! The PureLink DC-DA1 digital to analog converter converts un-protected, un-encrypted HD digital content at 1080i or 720p to analog VGA so it can be seen on HDTV's that have no digital input.

We’re giving away our DC-DA1 DVI to VGA converter to one (1) randomly selected winner ($349 MSRP) that responds to the questions below.

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA or Canadian Residence 3) Answer the question below in this forum:

1. Does your HDTV have a digital input, either DVI or HDMI, with HDCP?
  2. Did you know that if they close the analog hole in early 2009, your HDTV might be obsolete?
  3. Confused about how to go digital? Tell us what you've got in your system; we'll tell you how to hook it up with our PureLink's Free Digital Connectivity Audit
Note this contest ends on February 28th 2006. The winner will be drawn shortly thereafter

Have fun and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
No, my projector is too old and only has BNC, S-video, and composite. My TV upstairs has componenet and the regular assortment.

2. Did you know that if they close the analog hole in early 2009, your HDTV might be obsolete?
I did know this, but I don't yet own an HDTV - all my cash has been going into building the dedicated HT in the basement

3. Confused about how to go digital? Tell us what you've got in your system; we'll tell you how to hook it up with our PureLink's Free Digital Connectivity Audit
Not really confused but here is what I am currently working with:
Sony VPL-W400 projector
Denon 3805
Pioneer 588A
Dish network satelitte box
Sony PS2

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Hdmi

1. Yes, my future HDTV purchase with have HDMI and front projector will have HDMI and VGA.

2. Yes, but it is hightly doubtful that this will actually occur. If it does, a simple analog to digital adapter would be available to consumers at that time for minimal cost.

3. No, I have stayed informed through the AH articles and forum.

Mr. Lamb Fries

Mr. Lamb Fries

Full Audioholic
1. I dont have a HDMI compatable display at the moment, but plan on having a T.V./projector with HDMI inputs in the near future.

2. No

3. I've got my system hooked up correctly now. Some digital, and some analog. When I get all digital, I have an Idea how to get everything hooked up correctly...but would like to double check my work.

BTW, That is a great website. Should come in handy when I make the next step.

Last edited:
Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Yep, I have HDMI connex on my tv.

Yep, I know that sad state of affairs in 2009 (maybe).

Done it.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Yes, HDMI...

I keep hearing this, its becoming harder and harder to ignore. It seems, however, that as many times as i have been spooked by changing technology, its only affected me ultimately in a positive manner. If my TV now becomes obsolete, i'm excited to see what will replace it.

I think i'm squared away... at least... i'm pleased with it. Would be interested in knowing what could make things simpler...

T

treetownal

Audioholic Intern
1. Yes - 2x HDMI

2. I had no idea, but that sounds unlikely.

3. I just finished figuring this out since my monitor shows up next week.

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
1. Does your HDTV have a digital input, either DVI or HDMI, with HDCP? No, my HDTV only has component, this is what I get for being an early adoptor of HDTV. :mad:
2. Did you know that if they close the analog hole in early 2009, your HDTV might be obsolete? Yes. :mad:
3. Confused about how to go digital? No, I hang out on this forum too much. :D

loserwife

loserwife

Audioholic
1. Does your HDTV have a digital input, either DVI or HDMI, with HDCP?Yes, DVI with HDCP
2. Did you know that if they close the analog hole in early 2009, your HDTV might be obsolete?No, I thought I was set for the future:mad:
3. Confused about how to go digital? Tell us what you've got in your system; we'll tell you how to hook it up with our PureLink's Free Digital Connectivity Audit Until I upgrade equipment, it's ad good as it gets.

majorloser

majorloser

1. Does your HDTV have a digital input, either DVI or HDMI, with HDCP?DVI
2. Did you know that if they close the analog hole in early 2009, your HDTV might be obsolete?THAT IS JUST BS
3. Confused about how to go digital? Tell us what you've got in your system; we'll tell you how to hook it up with our PureLink's Free Digital Connectivity Audit what I have will have to do for now

(What she said)

T

tylerdurden

Audioholic Intern
# Does your HDTV have a digital input, either DVI or HDMI, with HDCP? DVI

# Did you know that if they close the analog hole in early 2009, your HDTV might be obsolete? Had not heard that one

# Confused about how to go digital? Nope, plenty of helpful people on this site that solved that one first

supervij

supervij

Audioholic General
No, because I haven't purchased it yet. I'm hoping to buy an HDTV a little later this year, and it will definitely have both HDMI and HDCP.

I did know this, but it won't affect my HDTV, cos I'll make it sure it's got the necessary stuff first.

3. Confused about how to go digital? Tell us what you've got in your system.
I'm not confused; I just haven't gotten around to it yet. My system consists of:
Athena Audition 2 x AS-B2, 2 x AS-C1, 2 x AS-F2 speakers, 1 x AS-P400 subwoofer
Kenwood RFU-6100 wireless unit for rear centre speaker
Monster HTS 850 home theatre powerbar
Pioneer DV-588A universal player
Scientific Atlanta 3000SD STB
Sony Trinitron 27FS12 TV
Sony SLV-N750 VCR
Yamaha RX-V750 receiver

cheers,
supervij

sts9fan

sts9fan

Banned
1) my tv has HDMI connection
2) i really hope this does not happen!!!!
3) Thanks abunch !!

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
My TV has DVI, doesn't work well my Time Warner/ Sci-Alt cable box.

2009? Yeah right! See you in 2012. maybe.

No, I'm not confused about digital connections, just don't currently have much equipment to use it.

T

talannar

Junior Audioholic

I do not have an HDTV at the moment, but I am sure that what I buy in the future will have one of those two inputs

I'm not sure if that is going to happen. If it does someone will put out analog-to-digital plugs and those systems will be up and running again.

Not confused about how to go digital...I just dont have the stuff to do it yet :D

S

sk60

Enthusiast
1. Does your HDTV have a digital input, either DVI or HDMI, with HDCP? Not currently, as I do not have an HDTV, although I am in the market for a new HDTV

2. Did you know that if they close the analog hole in early 2009, your HDTV might be obsolete? Yes, I read that recently

3. Confused about how to go digital? Tell us what you've got in your system; we'll tell you how to hook it up with our PureLink's Free Digital Connectivity Audit. I little confused. I signed up at the website for tyhis, but have not heard back.

J

jrfuda

Audioholic Intern
- I have a DVI input on my set.
I'm a little confused by this. I have component video, VGA and DVI inputs on my set, but none of them support HCDP - at least I think so... Won't I still be able to watch at 480p via component when this happens?
3. Confused about how to go digital? Tell us what you've got in your system; we'll tell you how to hook it up with our PureLink's Free Digital Connectivity Audit.
Cool, I'll give 'er a try!

H

HiJon89

Audioholic

Yes, DVI with HDCP.

No I did not know that, and it does not terribly concern me because no such legislation could possibly pass until maybe 2025 or 2030.

I'm not terribly confused, I assume I just use a DVI cable from the DVI output of my DVD Player to the DVI input of my TV.

Last edited:
B

bersik

Junior Audioholic
Unfortunatley I haven't spent the money to buy an HDTV yet. :(

No, Maybe its a good thing I haven't spent the money on one yet.

I have a convential 32" TV. It does have component video inputs. Is it possible to receive digital signals with it?

J

Josuah

Senior Audioholic
1. My projector has a DVI input with HDCP support.

2. I am writing my representatives whenever one of those analog hole bills pops up to let them know I am opposed. I'm glad one of the senators in the recent hearing has an iPod from his daughter that really made him understand that closing the analog hole would make him unhappy.

3. Not confused about going digital. I'm currently using DVI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis