Enter to Win: PureLink $299 Self Powered DVI Fiber Optic System

The Numenorian

The Numenorian

Junior Audioholic
1. Hopefully that $300 price mark will fall along with HDTV prices and as HMDI and other formats reach wide consumer acceptance.

2. As others have stated, I don't have the cash to put down on something that may improve at lower prices later. But optical cables are definately going to improve in the next yew years...

S

Svenhook

Audioholic
1) Nope! Sounds great.
2) Ill be in contact when i upgrade next time definitly!

J

jagercola

Audioholic Intern
1. No, but light is still more expensive than copper for me
2. I have a CRT projector for my HDTV, but moving to digital soon.

B

btravis311

Audiophyte
1. No, but starting at $299 for a cable "system?" :eek:

2. I'll check it out, though...

S

star2sound

Enthusiast
1) no - I don't need to worry about fiber since my cable run is short

2) I still use component, but thanks letting me know about the link

B

bearearz

Junior Audioholic
Win: PureLink, Self Powered DVI Fiber Optic System

Did you know that the cost of connecting your HDTV via fiber optics instead of copper cables starts at just $299 for a 10 foot run?
Confused about how to go digital? Tell us what you've got in your system; we'll tell you how to hook it up with our
A:No, I was unaware of the above Fiber-optic was so much! I too hope prices come down! A:Yes I'm very confused about "going digital!"I would very much like to know the vairables with respect to what "real-word"advantages "Your-Pure-link" DVI Fiber Optic System offer!How does it compair to a standard,(Good-Quality),Fiber Optic Cable?Also how does it compare to a ,(Good-Quality),HDMI-DVI Cable as well as a HDMI/HDMI Cable?What's in my system:Still putting together a New system!

B

baring5

Audiophyte
(1) Did you know that the cost of connecting your HDTV via fiber optics instead of copper cables starts at just $299 for a 10 foot run?

No.

(2) Confused about how to go digital? Tell us what you've got in your system; we'll tell you how to hook it up with our PureLink's Free Digital Connectivity Audit.

No system yet, we are just now looking into buying a HDTV.

T

tleonard

Audiophyte
?

1. Ouch - seems rather pricey to me - I'd most likely not buy such a solution unless priced at $150 or less, and even so, would be unlikely to purchase for short (<15 foot) runs.

2. HDMI arrives for me next month, so will keep in mind.

B

briggek8717

Audioholic Intern
1. I didn't know that.
2. I have gone to the site and filled out the audit. I look forward to the results.

S

stiletto pat

Audioholic
1. No, I was unaware of the latest cost for fiber optic connections.

2. I am interested in learning more, so I'll visit your website soon!

Pat

expose11

expose11

Enthusiast
I had no idea. This technology is changing so fast that I would expect prices to fall in a short time.
If I were to win this, I would seek advice on how to hook up the purelink.

F

Fierce Mice

Audioholic Intern
1. No I did not.
2. I have yet to get a digital television, but that will change w/in the next 6-12 months!!!

A

auge.dog

Junior Audioholic
1. Did you know that the cost of connecting your HDTV via fiber optics instead of copper cables starts at just $299 for a 10 foot run? No, that seems like a lot of money to me, unless they make a significant difference.

2. Confused about how to go digital? Yes, but my current connections seem to be working, but I do not know whether they are optimal. I'll visit the site.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I guess I did know that, but I wonder how many people want to run a cable 10 feet and use optical vs. spending $30.00 or as much as $200.00 perhaps on a copper cable for the digital connection.

Hasn't it been talked to death how similar Coaxial digital audio is when compared to Optical digital audio? What advantage does optical offer to consumers vs. copper? Now, at 40 or 60 or 100 feet... give me the reliability and simple ability of optical. Plus, even on short runs, optical can be fished through walls... that's a big plus.

T

Tom Good

Audiophyte
1. Did you know that the cost of connecting your HDTV via fiber optics instead of copper cables starts at just $299 for a 10 foot run?
2. Confused about how to go digital? Tell us what you've got in your system; we'll tell you how to hook it up with our

1. No, I hadn't priced it yet.
2.I'm still trying to decide which TV to go with, Toshiba or Samsung.

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
1. Yes
2. Nope, read well enough on the topic (and a bit of common sense, is essential)

(this has become a redundant question, hence less people are entering this particular contest IMO.)

freemymind

freemymind

Enthusiast
No

No, I did not know that, I wish I had more money to spare on cables.

N

naisphoo

Banned
Kindda expensive for a 10 footer, but no I didn't know that.
I'm not quite ready for HD yet as all my money is going towards my audio gears.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis