Enter to Win: PureLink $299 Self Powered DVI Fiber Optic System

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
I honestly expected it to be higher... good to know.

I think i'm almost setup... It has been hard to drop the extra loot to go completely digital. This cable would be a great addition...

M

mbaylor

Junior Audioholic
1. I had no idea because I have never heard of this technology.
2. I am having a gander right now.

spacebarshift

spacebarshift

Audiophyte
I have two numbers, two dots and two words for you

1. No
2. No

B

broberts

Enthusiast
1. Nope. It does sound expensive for 10 ft though.
2. Noted. Think I got it handled though.

J

Josuah

Senior Audioholic
Did you know that the cost of connecting your HDTV via fiber optics instead of copper cables starts at just $299 for a 10 foot run?

Yes, and it's really too expensive.

Confused about how to go digital?

No, I'm not.

I guess they want to find out if things have changed among forum members since the last time they asked this question?

T

tylerdurden

Audioholic Intern
1. Ouch!

2. Dell W5001C 50" Plasma (Xmas gift)
Yamaha HTR-5890
Non-HD Cable

S

surfnut

Audiophyte
No, I have not priced cables yet

Still shopping so I won't know what I need until I have the hardware.

R

reeg2223

Audiophyte
cables

Sounds a little expensive. Does this stuff ever come down in price?
Didn't know.

F

flip22

Audioholic Intern
Yikes, I knew it was expensive, but $299 for only 10'...that's rough.

R

royalusa

Audiophyte
1. Wooooaaaa, that much?!
2. There is digital TV? When did that happen?

G

Giuseppe

Junior Audioholic
1) I didn't know that you could buy these cables for $299. Personally that is a bit expensive. If I could see a demo which actually showed me the difference, and if the price dropped a bit I might be interested.

2) All the equipment I have in my setup can be seen in my signature. The TV I have downstairs is currently not HDTV ready, which I just learnt. I am looking to buy a new TV in a few months, in which I may be interested in the cables.

T

Tritonman

Junior Audioholic
Did you know that the cost of connecting your HDTV via fiber optics instead of copper cables starts at just $299 for a 10 foot run?

I had no clue.

Confused about how to go digital? Tell us what you've got in your system; we'll tell you how to hook it up with our PureLink's Free Digital Connectivity Audit

Im all set..now all i need is the wiring to be able to go digital :)

B

brmiller88

Enthusiast
1. I had no idea. Cables are so often lost in my nerdy fits of electronic toy excitement. I'm aware that cables are important mind you, but this bit was a surprise.
2. I have yet to get a digital television; probably within one year, though.

frankf

frankf

Junior Audioholic
Fiber Optics

1. no. But I am not surprised!!!
2. I have a Infocus 7205. Great HDTV reception! Most HDTV reception depends on your location relative to where you live. Some HDTV stations are better than others.

Frank

S

shokunin

Audiophyte
1. No, did not realize the cost of opitcal based DVI Cables.
2. Thanks.. filled out the form :0

R

Reorx

Full Audioholic
1. Did you know that the cost of connecting your HDTV via fiber optics instead of copper cables starts at just $299 for a 10 foot run?
Yes, I know. I've read your website in great detail.

2. Confused about how to go digital? Tell us what you've got in your system; we'll tell you how to hook it up with our PureLink's Free Digital Connectivity Audit.
Nope. Not confused. I am waiting until the standards solidify before making any large purchses.

S

Shaftoe

Enthusiast
1. I did know about the cost. I'm not sure if I would be willing to spend that on a 10 foot run if I had the opportunity.

2. No help needed. I have a CRT HDTV with only component inputs.

M

MrFong

Enthusiast
1) Seems like a lot for glass/plastic. I can see the cost being justified if it would support true HD bandwidth (audio AND video) so you only need a few cables, but $300 seems like a lot when compared to toslink cables.

2) Good to know.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis