Enter to Win: PureLink $299 Self Powered DVI Fiber Optic System

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
PureLink wants you to win a Self Powered DVI Fiber Optic System!

We’re giving away a ten foot run of our OC-003 Self Powered DVI Fiber Optic System to one (1) randomly selected winner ($299 MSRP) that respond to the question below.

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA or Canadian Residence 3) Answer the question below in this forum:

1. Did you know that the cost of connecting your HDTV via fiber optics instead of copper cables starts at just $299 for a 10 foot run?
  2. Confused about how to go digital? Tell us what you've got in your system; we'll tell you how to hook it up with our PureLink's Free Digital Connectivity Audit
Note this contest ends on March 31st 2006. The winner will be drawn shortly thereafter

Have fun and good luck!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr. Lamb Fries

Mr. Lamb Fries

Full Audioholic
1. No
2. Ive got the PureLink link saved in my favorites for when I get a HDTV. I will definitely use it when that time comes.

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
No, I did not know the price was so high. I certainly hope prices will fall soon.

S

ScottMayo

Audioholic
?!

1. No. $300 for an optical cable and a converter? I just spent $5.95 for 25' of optical cable, so that converter better be solid gold.
2. Noted.

supervij

supervij

Audioholic General
1. Ouch. And that's why I haven't been ready to break the bank with going for a new hi-def digital TV yet. The price. $299 for 10 feet of cable? Major ouch. Anyway, no, I did not know that.

2. I'll check it out sometime.

cheers,
supervij

V

viking68

Enthusiast
1. No.
2. I've just started putting together a new system after having sold-off some of my old equipment. Have a mid-size room with a brand new set of Bohlender-Greabenar Z7s, Z1's, a Z5 for the center (nicely finished in real cherry), and an SVS sub. Will likely hook 'em up to a Sherwood Newcastle R-965, which is what I had listened to the BGs on, but am still shopping around a bit. The BGs and the SVS make for a great combo in the living room; and for the money, one would be very hard pressed to top the sound. Crazy smooth & articulate highs with the Z ribbons, and the SVS is top-notch. Haven't purchased a new HDTV yet.

Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
Did you know that the cost of connecting your HDTV via fiber optics instead of copper cables starts at just $299 for a 10 foot run?

No, I wasn't aware of that. Since I just got an HDMI compatable projector it is good to know.

Confused about how to go digital? Tell us what you've got in your system; we'll tell you how to hook it up with our PureLink's Free Digital Connectivity Audit

Denon 3805
Pioneer 588A-S
Epson 550
PS2
Sat box (not yet HD)

N

naisphoo

Banned
1. No I didn't know.
2. Well I am checking into their site right now. Seems interesting.

K

korgoth

Full Audioholic
no i dont,

and no i dont, my tv isnt new enough for any of that anyway, but when i get one it will definately open up doors for some new upgrades.

B

bersik

Junior Audioholic
Fiber Optic Contest

1. No I did not. I assumed a slightly higher prize for a 10 foot run.
2. Unfortunatley I have yet to go to a digital television - soon though, very soon.

B

BobBart

Audioholic
My hdtv doesn't have a dvi input. I don't see the point in spending half as much on a cable as what my tv cost, when copper cables works just as well.

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
PureLink

1. No. Fiber optics does not sound cost effective for 10 foot runs, but it should be suitable for long runs over 50 meters where coper cables are not an option.
2. No, I am familiar with purelinks product offerings.

blownrx7

blownrx7

Audioholic
1. Did you know that the cost of connecting your HDTV via fiber optics instead of copper cables starts at just $299 for a 10 foot run?
Why yes I did since I was just at thier website last week.

Confused about how to go digital? Tell us what you've got in your system; we'll tell you how to hook it up with our PureLink's Free Digital Connectivity Audit
Parasound C1
Denon 5900
non-HD cable
JVC analog TV (yes, I know, blew my load on the above electronics, so have to wait on the TV)

Y

Youzer

Enthusiast
Show me the Mondy

1. No I didn't!
2. I am currently using one of the first TVs with the "s" cable option on it. Needless to say I am in the TV market. Bring on the HIFI BABY! :D

K

kli

Audiophyte
I'm In

1. One word. Wow.
2. Getting my plasma soon, so i'll definitely be looking into it

F

Funkymonkey22

Audiophyte
Woogieboogie

No, but that sounds pricey.Winning this contest sure would be incentive to make the switch!

I'll check it out soon since I'm building out my sytem.

A

akebono

Enthusiast
1) No.

2) Checked out the site last month. I'm not particularly confused.

Taifun

Taifun

Junior Audioholic
1. No
2. Checking it out.

Can this be upgraded to a longer run?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis