Enter to Win: PureLink $299 HDMI Switcher with Remote

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
PureLink wants you to win an HDMI Switcher with Remote!

We’re giving away our HDS-21R, a 2-in, 1-out HDMI switcher with remote control to one (1) randomly selected winner ($299 MSRP) that responds to the questions below.

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA or Canadian Residence 3) Answer the questions below in this forum:

Contest Questions:
  1. Did you know that HDMI is the first lossless, uncompressed reproduction format in AV history?
  2. How many HDMI sources do you have in your system now?
Note this contest ends on April 30th, 2006. The winner will be drawn shortly thereafter

Have fun and good luck!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
HDMI switcher

1. No, I did not realize that HDMI video was superior to DVI video and that the currently supported audio capabilities are superior to digital coax. I believe that HDMI v1.3 will support the "lossless" audio formats. I doubt that this device supports HDMI v1.3 because the standard has not been finalized.

2. I currently don't have any HDMI sources but I am planning a front projector and DVD upgrade in the near future, so the HDIM switcher would be useful.

T

talannar

Junior Audioholic
1) I was not aware of that. I am assuming it is because of HDMI's ability to pass both video and audio.

2) I currently do not have any HDMI. I do have a DVI out of my PC.

freemymind

freemymind

Enthusiast
HDMI switcher

1. No I did not know that.

2. I have one device so far. Planning on getting digital cable soon though and a xbox360.

supervij

supervij

Audioholic General
1. Nope, didn't know that.

2. I have zero devices that use HDMI, but that will change (hopefully) this summer when I finally break down and get that HDTV I've been wanting for ages.

cheers,
supervij

T

Topher

Junior Audioholic
1. No, I didn't think HDMI was any better than DVI video.
2. I don't have any sources yet, but I have a Hitachi PJ-TX100 with a DVI input.

Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
1. Nope didn't realize that it was the first (but is it the only) lossless format.
2. No sources, but my projector has an HDMI port.

S

Svenhook

Audioholic
1. Did you know that HDMI is the first lossless, uncompressed reproduction format in AV history? No, thats amazing.
2. How many HDMI sources do you have in your system now? None currently, soon to come though

F

Fierce Mice

Audioholic Intern
1. No, didn't know that. I thought DVI was equivalent to HDMI in the video output.
2. None, but looking at new TV and DVD options (HDCP compliance is a sticking point).

J

Josuah

Senior Audioholic
1. Well, only if you consider "AV" to mean both audio and video have to be carried over the same wires. Otherwise, it's the first digital video format to my knowledge, but not the first lossless uncompressed video reproduction format. VGA and its relatives are also lossless and uncompressed, but analog over the cable. (Like vinyl.) LPCM audio (found on redbook audio CDs) is lossless and uncompressed. AES/EBU was standardized in 1992 to provide digital audio transfer between digital devices.

2. I have zero HDMI sources.

N

Nate552

Enthusiast
1. Did you know that HDMI is the first lossless, uncompressed reproduction format in AV history?

1. Yes
2. One, an upconverting dvd player, although I will have another when the new directv hd recorder comes out.

G

GACrabill

Junior Audioholic
Q1. Did you know that HDMI is the first lossless, uncompressed reproduction format in AV history?

A1. No .... very interesting.

Q2. How many HDMI sources do you have in your system now?

A2. Zero.

N

Nuzy

Audioholic Intern
1) No, I did not know that.
2) Yes, I have 1 HDMI source. My Panasonic S77 DVD player

J

jrfuda

Audioholic Intern
Tom Andry said:
Contest Questions:
I did not know that HDMI was lossless and uncompressed.

I only have one HDMI component currently.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I was not aware that HDMI was lossless and uncompressed... I really wasn't aware how different it was compared to DVI since the two are generally considered as compatible. Throw in SDI and Firewire and I definitely wouldn't think that HDMI was the 'first'. Meh, what do I know? :D

I currently have 2 DVI/HDMI sources in my cable box and a Sony 400 disc DVD changer. How many do I have actually hooked up digitally? ZERO. Yep, gotta run some 50 foot HDMI cables if I want anything to work to my plasma(s) or projector.

T

tylerdurden

Audioholic Intern
1. Didn't know.

2. I have 1 right now but you never know when upgradeitis will hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis