Enter to Win: Orb Audio Mod1 QuickPack valued at $299!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
1) Do you like this finish?
Absolutely. This is unique and interesting.

2) What other finishes would you like to see in a speaker like this?
I like the current offerings. But a gun metal blue or a copper finish might draw interest. Also a heavier textured look...mildly elephant skin-ish would also be highly different and perhaps interesting enough to attract marketing attention.

3) What color would you most like to see offered for a subwoofer (in addition to black)?
Silver, copper, or gun metal blue.

M

Mike JL

Audioholic Intern
Contest Questions:
Orb Audio would like to get your input to help them continue to serve you and your audio needs. Please help them (and enter) by answering the following questions in your post:

Yes. It fits many decors.

Chrome/polished stainless steel, bright gloss enamels - red, cobalt blue, yellow, orange, kelly green, etc.

3) What color would you most like to see offered for a subwoofer (in addition to black)?

For large subs, I like wood veneers that match furniture.

T

TMack37

Enthusiast
Yeah, I've always liked a nice antiqued-bronze type of finish. Goes great with wood!

For some reason, I would really like to see this in a satin nickel finish. Any metal would do, really. It reminds me of the nice finishes you find on doorknobs.

I think that if you took a stained wood and added some matching metal parts, it would compliment the set very well. Possibly some interesting, artsy looking form factors, but nothing too outlandish. A high gloss red or yellow could be interesting, depending on the room.

S

serenity737

Audioholic Intern

Sort of ... I like the overall design of the speaker much more. Very modern
look.

Perhaps a smoother finish - not so rough. I do like the color. In addition I
would like to see a finish in rosewood, red, blue and for kicks perhaps clear
with a small interior blue LED to provde lighting for effect.

Rosewood, red, blue, perhaps clear with a small interior LED to provide
lighting for effect.

E

eyeQ

Enthusiast

Yes.

Shiny black, pure white.

My wall's colour! I.e., a sub with a surface that accepts household latex paint so you can paint it the same colour as your room.

L

letitb

Audiophyte

Yes.

Shiny black, pure white.

My wall's colour! I.e., a sub with a surface that accepts household latex paint so you can paint it the same colour as your room.
I like the finnish.

piano wht, blk

Corvette colors

J

jairus

Audiophyte
Yes

moon surface

silver

M

mpbrog61

Audiophyte
Orb Audio Mod1

Yes.

Gold or similar metallic finishes.

Match the color to that of the speakers.

engtaz

engtaz

Full Audioholic
1) Do you like this finish? Love it! Pretty cool finish

2) What other finishes would you like to see in a speaker like this? metallic

3) What color would you most like to see offered for a subwoofer (in addition to black)?Bronze

J

justhavingfun

Audiophyte
Contest Entry

Yes, it is little different but I like the raw metallic finish.

Any other metallic finish such as copper, tin, etc.

Definitely matching color with the speakers.

C

cabt

Audiophyte
Yes, pretty cool.

Exotic Woods (Zebra, Tulipwood, etc.)

Rosewood and cherry to match other main speakers but for a high end model I would love to see exotics like Zebra and Tulipwood where the sub can stand out for its beauty and its sound....Never liked the idea of having to hide a sub because its ugly.

CoolBob

Audiophyte
Orb

Yes, always been a fan of hammertone finish.

Clear would be awesome then you could see the driver! I remember seeing a pair of TC Sounds point-source monitors years back that had a rubbery matte grey finish, thought that was cool. Can't go wrong with stainless-steel or Porsche Guards Red.

Same as above, dark grey or black rubbery matte finish, Porsche Guards Red or stainless-steel.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Contest Questions:
Orb Audio would like to get your input to help them continue to serve you and your audio needs. Please help them (and enter) by answering the following questions in your post:

1) Do you like this finish? Sure. I’ve used a similar finish on speakers I have built. It helps hide the imperfections.

2) What other finishes would you like to see in a speaker like this? Gold &/or silver texture.

3) What color would you most like to see offered for a subwoofer (in addition to black)? Piano rosewood.

J

jayg84

Audioholic Intern
1) I do like the finish
2) Smooth piano black would be nice
3) Bright red would be cool or pearl white

G

godan

Audioholic Intern
1) Do you like this finish? yes

2) What other finishes would you like to see in a speaker like this? black

3) What color would you most like to see offered for a subwoofer (in addition to black)? dark gray

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
1) Do you like this finish? yea, it looks pretty nice, and seems that it would go with a lot of different decorative styles

2) What other finishes would you like to see in a speaker like this? exotic woods

3) What color would you most like to see offered for a subwoofer (in addition to black)? not sure, the current color would probably look pretty nice.

T

TYLORJEFFERY

Audiophyte
1) Do you like this finish? Definitely - it splits the difference for any interior though I wouldn't call it transitional - perhaps timeless?

2) What other finishes would you like to see in a speaker like this? I think dkane360 had a good idea with the wood - that would take some craftsmanship - but no exotics - perhaps a sustainable veneer or something in the recycled realm?

3) What color would you most like to see offered for a subwoofer (in addition to black)? As far as audio equipment - subwoofers in particular - I like them to blend a bit more - big fan of neutrals - a warm grey or architectural veneer?

B

Boerd

Full Audioholic
Orb Audio wants you to win!

Click here for eligibility and contest rules.
1) Yes
2) Gunmetal, Yellow and Blue
3) Dark chocolate/red/blue

S

SJTrance

Audioholic

No,

Wood finishes would be very cool in this type of a speaker. I'm sure no one else is doing something like that for a speaker this size.

Again, wood finish and other color options like red, blue, yellow, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis