Enter to Win: Orb Audio Mod1 QuickPack valued at $299!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Orb Audio wants you to win!

Orb Audio is giving away the chance to win one (1) Orb Audio Mod1 QuickPack system to one (1) eligible forum member! The Orb Audio Mod1 QuickPack is a pair of Mod1 speakers, and it will be in Orb's new Hammered Earth Finish (see below).

Retail is $299 per pair and they come with the basic black desk stand shown below. The contest is open to US and Canada.

Features of Orb Audio Mod1 QuickPack:

Front Speakers: 2
  • Speaker Type: Magnetically shielded full-range satellite speaker. Crossover-free design for coherent, lifelike sound.
  • Driver: Advanced high-excursion 3" full range polypropylene driver cone with Santoprene surround. These materials maintain their sonic characteristics over long periods of time and also through a broad range of temperatures and operating environments.
  • Magnet Assembly: Fully shielded, high-density neodymium magnet with proprietary voice coil in high tolerance gap to create strong, highly focused magnetic field. Compact magnet design allows for maximum free internal volume and extension of low midrange performance.
  • Binding Posts: Custom gold-plated brass binding posts (fits up to 14 Ga. wire)
  • Frequency Response: 80Hz - 20,000Hz (120Hz-18,000Hz optimal)
  • Sensitivity: 89 dB
  • Impedance: 8-ohms nominal
  • Power Handling: 15 - 110 watts
  • Dimensions: 4 3/16" W x 5" H x 4 7/8" D (desk stand)
  • Weight: 17 oz.
  • Construction: American carbon steel, assembled in USA
  • Finishes: Premium Black Metallic Powder Coat, Premium Pearl White Powder Coat, Hand Polished Steel w/ Clear Coat, Hammered Earth

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA or Canadian Residency and 3) Answer the following questions in the thread below.

Contest Questions:
Orb Audio would like to get your input to help them continue to serve you and your audio needs. Please help them (and enter) by answering the following questions in your post:

1) Do you like this finish?

2) What other finishes would you like to see in a speaker like this?

3) What color would you most like to see offered for a subwoofer (in addition to black)?

Note this contest ends on August 31st, 2010. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!

Click here for eligibility and contest rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Hooray, another contest :)

Yes, it looks great.

I'd like to see some wood finishes, or orbs made of wood. Bamboo, rosenut, light cherry, dark cherry, etc.

3) What color would you most like to see offered for a subwoofer (in addition to black)?

Matching finishes to the wood mentioned above.

fightinkraut

fightinkraut

Full Audioholic

Actually quite a bit, I like the distinct hammered look, don't recall seeing other speakers in a finish like this.

I would certainly expand this line if possible, different metal hammered finishes would look nice.

I suspect many people purchasing Orb Audio equipment are concerned about aesthetics, therefore I think the sub should match the speakers. Since these are a metal finish, I would be interested to see what kind of subwoofer cabinets could be constructed out of wood, then perhaps cover it with a matching metallic finish somehow. Could be chintzy done poorly, could be classy done well.

T

trevordj

Audiophyte
1) Do you like this finish? Love it! Its my favorite so far.

2) What other finishes would you like to see in a speaker like this? I would like to see a matte black or gunmetal finish

3) What color would you most like to see offered for a subwoofer (in addition to black)? I would like to see a piano black finish similar to the gloss black orbs already available.

R

roscoe1224

Enthusiast
1) Do you like this finish? Yea, and so does the wife!

2) What other finishes would you like to see in a speaker like this? I'm sure its just me but it would be cool to see those pinstriped like a set of 30's headlamp buckets.

3) What color would you most like to see offered for a subwoofer (in addition to black)? An oxblood leather would be sweet!

Nemo128

Nemo128

Audioholic Field Marshall
Contest Questions:
Orb Audio would like to get your input to help them continue to serve you and your audio needs. Please help them (and enter) by answering the following questions in your post:

1) Do you like this finish? Absolutely. This kind of finish would conceal dust buildup very well and doesn't look like the pits are too sharp to prevent thorough cleaning. It would also fit with my preferred decor perfectly. Amazing!

2) What other finishes would you like to see in a speaker like this? For people who like lighter tones, a similar texture with a white or very light grey finish would be incredible.

3) What color would you most like to see offered for a subwoofer (in addition to black)? A subwoofer with a finish like this would ooze beauty into any setup.

1hagop

Audioholic Intern
Contest Questions:

1) Do you like this finish? Yes, it looks antique.

2) What other finishes would you like to see in a speaker like this? This same finish with maybe some blueish tones. Like a copper pot that has tarnish on it. I feel this would go well with a room with brown couches.

3) What color would you most like to see offered for a subwoofer (in addition to black)? Same as question 2. Matching the speakers and sub color.

C

chkngreez

Enthusiast
1) Do you like this finish? Yes

2) What other finishes would you like to see in a speaker like this? Something like snake scales or carbon fiber

3) What color would you most like to see offered for a subwoofer (in addition to black)? very deep metallic purple

J

jhanley

Junior Audioholic
Yes, a very understated finish.

I think a flat or high gloss would be nice.

A medium gray would blend in very well.

Marshall_Guthrie

Marshall_Guthrie

Audioholics Videographer Extraordinaire
Yes, very steampunk.

I don't picture too many of these kind of finishes ending up in the living room, but in a desk/office setting, a weathered brass might look nice.

I haven't yet founds a subwoofer that I actually want to look at, but I'd love to see a cylinder with a metal finish of some kind. Something that looks like standing art instead of a box.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi

1) Yes.

2) black, dark brown, silver.

3) Black, dark brown, silver.

Patrukas777

Patrukas777

Senior Audioholic
Yes, the finish looks great. It's not like everything else out there.

A wood finish would be great. I also think due to the artistic look of the speakers, you guys could have a designer collection and have designs on it. Possibly a design by a well known artist or something simple to build a little character. Good selling point to the wives :) haha Also, you can never go wrong with a Piano Black finish.

I would say the same colors as the speakers. If it's a smaller subwoofer, then put a design on it too.

O

oppman99

Senior Audioholic
1) Do you like this finish? Yes, it's fairly unique.

2) What other finishes would you like to see in a speaker like this? Black chrome or other metallics like brass or bronze.

Something in a neutral gray/silver to match computer cases.

cwall99

cwall99

Full Audioholic

Yeah, I think that's an awesome finish. I think it'd go great in a room that has a lot of either hyper-modern furnishings or almost a neolithic collection of adornments. I like that the shell of the speaker looks almost like it was hammered out by hand.

I think a pewter finish along the lines of this would be pretty cool, too. Or an antique silver finish like this where you replace the bronze parts with an antique silver.

On the flip side, a highly reflective, almost mirror-ized finish... super-chrome, would be cool, too.

Bird's Eye Maple. That'd be more of a veneer.

Though it'd also be cool to do what Pro-Ject has done with their turntables and offer them in a highly reflective, bright, plastic finish in primary colors.

Thanks for the opportunity.

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
1) Do you like this finish? yes

2) What other finishes would you like to see in a speaker like this? piano gloss

3) What color would you most like to see offered for a subwoofer (in addition to black)? none, i like black subwoofers and i wouldn't buy one that's different colored.

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
1) The finish is "OK" to me. I prefer a smoother, more reflective finish that fits my current interior decor better.

2) A piano black finish and a metallic finish.

3) A deep cherry. I have no use for that coloring, but, it's beautiful to look at when done right. These would also be great:
Cocobolo Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood
Satinwood

-pat

Stripes

Stripes

Full Audioholic

Yes, it is very distinctive.

I think some wood like finishes would be cool, like cherry, maple, rosewood..etc.

Piano Black and Gloss White.

A

AzN_plyR

Audioholic

Yes

Glossy finishes, piano for example.

Satin Black, Glossy Rosewood would also be nice.

Thanks!

S

StphNieuw

Enthusiast

Yes, a nice change from the standard black matte finish.

Agree with the other reader, glossy piano finishes would look great.

Same colors as the speakers.

F

Funboy

Audioholic Intern
1) Do you like this finish? Very much, the look and even more so the material

All aluminum covered with wood

3) What color would you most like to see offered for a subwoofer (in addition to black)? cherry or rosewood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis