Enter to Win: Orb Audio Mod1 QuickPack valued at $299!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nickboros

Audioholic
1) Do you like this finish?

It is a nice option, but it doesn't go with the rest of my equipment and room colors. My wife is the one who decides finishes anyways.

2) What other finishes would you like to see in a speaker like this?

Black is nice. But anything that goes with light oak equipment rack would be fine.

3) What color would you most like to see offered for a subwoofer (in addition to black)?

Anything that goes with light oak equipment rack.

S

sh10583

Audiophyte
Orb AUdi

1) Do you like this finish? Yes

2) What other finishes would you like to see in a speaker like this? Clear

3) What color would you most like to see offered for a subwoofer (in addition to black)? Brushed steel

Last edited:
J

jb5200

Audioholic
1) Do you like this finish? Yes, it matches all of our door handles and lamps in the living room

2) What other finishes would you like to see in a speaker like this? How about light tan, gray, green, etc. to match colors of paint on the wall. In fact, what about custom color orders?

3) What color would you most like to see offered for a subwoofer (in addition to black)? I think some of the cherry, maple, oak, etc. wood veneers to match coffee/end tables in the house. Make it look like an upscale piece of furniture! That would have 100% wife acceptance!

G

gmurray618

Audiophyte
Orb Audio Mod1

1) Do you like this finish? Yes, i like the mottled texture.

2) What other finishes would you like to see in a speaker like this? A smooth mat.

3) What color would you most like to see offered for a subwoofer (in addition to black)? Black the only real color for a sub, but if pressed - a wood grain, oak.

P

Pat D

Audioholic

Yes, it's looks fine, nice and subdued

I like the finish but I think a more coppery color should be an option--it would fit our color scheme better. If a smooth finish is an option, then brushed aluminum, cherry, burnt sienna, piano black, and ivory would look nice.

3) What color would you most like to see offered for a subwoofer (in addition to black)?

A subwoofer would likely be placed on the floor out of sight, so the color and finish is not so important. For marketing purposes, it should probably be the same as the main Orbs. I'd go for flat black.

E

ehurnie

Junior Audioholic

Yes, its different and offers more options

Some wood colored finishes. I currently own the white finish.

I like the sub being in black but if a wood finished speaker came out then a matching sub would be nice.

Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
1) Do you like this finish? yes, very classy. But might be hard to integrate into an ofice or living room.

2) What other finishes would you like to see in a speaker like this? Wood finishes, some sort of metal (silver, stainless, etc.)

3) What color would you most like to see offered for a subwoofer (in addition to black)? Wood finishes.

M

mwere

Audiophyte
Orb Audio Mod1

1) Do you like this finish? - Yes, the finish is quite unique. I think it would look great in anyone's home.

2) What other finishes would you like to see in a speaker like this? - Other than a common flat black finish, white, glossy black, tan, dark grey, Ferrari red or yellow, walnut or even a dark cherry red would look good.

3) What color would you most like to see offered for a subwoofer (in addition to black)? Besides black, any colour matching the above mentioned colours would look good. However, the size of the sub might limit the colour as I do not know if someone would like a big yellow sub in their living room!

W

walfredo

Audiophyte
1) Do you like this finish? Yes.

2) What other finishes would you like to see in a speaker like this? Black, White.

3) What color would you most like to see offered for a subwoofer (in addition to black)? Same metal finish, White.

T

tnice

Audiophyte
1) These are unique! I like them.
2) These look great and the originality set them apart. Dutch orange and dark red would look great!
3) Subwoofers should be black or dark wood.

supervij

supervij

Audioholic General
1) Yes, very cool.
2) Cherry is always good. I've always wanted to see a dark, forest green.
3) Same as above: cherry or a dark, forest green.

D

dane

Audioholic Intern
Yes

Smooth and Shiny Powder-coat Ferrari Red

I think all subs should be offered in the same colors as the mains/sats

..dane

G

Guinness6

Junior Audioholic
I do like this finish! Very classy, but not drawing unnecessary attention to itself.

Maybe a gloss black?

Maybe a natural wood tone.

J

jshugars

Audiophyte

Yes, very much. It looks good without drawing too much attention to itself.

An antique bronze or copper would look equally classy.

A dark mahogany, maybe with a touch of red would go very well with this or the antique copper I suggested.

Keone

Audiophyte
Yes
Gun-Metal, Carbon Firber, maybe Glass
Dark wood finish, Coffee, dark Cherry

Q

q2bon2b

Enthusiast
Yes, very retro and yet futuristic.

Piano black or brushed bronze/copper

Matching hammered steel or brushed bronze/copper.

F

fgiles

Enthusiast
Answers & Entry

Yes, although it would look better with some decor than with others (like maybe not with euro-modern)

I like having an option for a light neutral color

Dark wood tone to fit in with furniture

S

skvinson

Audiophyte
Yes, i like it a lot. It has a modern look that wouldn't work if someone wanted natural wood speakers, but a speaker like this looks much better than anything Bose has.

I can see people wanting it in white

White could work for that too; wood-grain would be a good idea

D

dweazil

Audiophyte
Yes, Yes I do.
Dark Red, Brushed Nickel, Carbon Fiber, Slate Blue
3) What color would you most like to see offered for a subwoofer (in addition to black)?Carbon Fiber

A

allargon

Audioholic General
Contest Questions:
Orb Audio would like to get your input to help them continue to serve you and your audio needs. Please help them (and enter) by answering the following questions in your post:

Note this contest ends on August 31st, 2010. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!

Click here for eligibility and contest rules.
I don't like this finish. I would prefer one of the metallic ones or actually a flat finish.

I would love to see a wood grain or even a flat black/brown finish, as well as some bright colors for a feminine audience. A clear glass or acrylic finish would be cool, too.

For a subwoofer, I would definitely love to see wood finishes as well as a pre-primed finish, so a customer could paint it whatever color he or she chooses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis