Enter to Win: iTunes from Impact Acoustics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
1. No.

2. Yes, we just got one.

3. I think it offers fantastic possibilities....which unfortunately will be flexed to uselessness over time with new technology, standards, licensing, etc.

majorloser

majorloser

1-Do you use your IPOD or MP3 in your main audio video system?
2-Do you have a music server (home component) that digitally stores music and if not, is that a component you'll be purchasing in the future?
3-What are your thoughts about hard drive based music storage systems such as portable MP3 players, IPODs and music servers/ home theater PC's?

1-Yes, I just need to finish up the "whole house" audio system.
2- I use my home PC to store MP3's and play back through the home entertainment system. A network SNAP drive would be nice.
3-I LOVE THE LARGE STORAGE! The only negative is the quality of most MP3's

F

FLMike

Audioholic
Do you use your IPOD or MP3 in your main audio video system? No
Do you have a music server (home component) that digitally stores music and if not, is that a component you'll be purchasing in the future? Yes, I currently have one already built.
What are your thoughts about hard drive based music storage systems such as portable MP3 players, IPODs and music servers/ home theater PC's? I have all my CD's stored in lossless format. Allows for easy access to my library and reduces wear and tear on the CD's with no loss in fidelity

adamd123

adamd123

Enthusiast
1. Do you use your IPOD or MP3 in your main audio video system?
2. Do you have a music server (home component) that digitally stores music and if not, is that a component you'll be purchasing in the future?
3. What are your thoughts about hard drive based music storage systems such as portable MP3 players, IPODs and music servers/ home theater PC's?
  1. No
  2. Yes
  3. I love my iPod and am never without it. I think digital storage (Versus a CD/DVD) will eventually be the medium of choice for the Audio and Video industry.

R

Reorx

Full Audioholic
Contest Questions:
2. Do you have a music server (home component) that digitally stores music and if not, is that a component you'll be purchasing in the future?
3. What are your thoughts about hard drive based music storage systems such as portable MP3 players, IPODs and music servers/ home theater PC's?

Answers:
1. Yes, Rio Sport, Sony MP3 cd player.
2. Yes, 2003 server streaming audio.
3. I am all for them. I will soon be buying a 1U or 2U server, with 1TB+ HD space to be my HTPC. I will put it into a server enclosure with my other Stereo equipment.
Ipods and other portable mp3 players are nice, but I want more then just 2 channel audio.

Reorx

D

DavidD

Audiophyte
1. Yes, I do use my player my main system.
2. No music server, and it so a fairly low priority now. I don't expect to be purchasing one soon.
3. I really like the idea of music servers. I just don't think they're important, given my use patterns.

B

bongobob

Audioholic
1: No. I love music and compression of any sort is not acceptable for serious listening. For on the go MP3's are fine but not on my system.

2: Not as of yet although this is the direction we'll go in the future. I shudder to think of having to rip 3000+ CD's.

3: Everything has a use in the proper context. See reply #1

blownrx7

blownrx7

Audioholic
Do you use your IPOD or MP3 in your main audio video system?
No. My children own the ipods and I don't let them near my stuff...

Do you have a music server (home component) that digitally stores music and if not, is that a component you'll be purchasing in the future?
No, and not as long as those kids are in the house.

What are your thoughts about hard drive based music storage systems such as portable MP3 players, IPODs and music servers/ home theater PC's?
Great idea as long as I don't sacrifice sound quality for storage space.

S

s002wjh

Junior Audioholic
1. Yes
2. No, I am not using music server right now, but will upgrade serveral of my HTPC into one server for music and HT
3. I think for the most part hard drive based music storage systems are a nice but not perfect. The encoding are not good as the SACD or DVD-A. without pro-audio equipment the hard drive may never be as good as encoding process using by the professionals.

R

Rutlanda

Junior Audioholic
I have not used my 40GB G3 iPod in my audio system
I do not own a media server, but I am planning to integrate when I get to a point that I won't moving alot (military).
I think they are great. The convenience provided by this type of system is wonderful. My only concern would be sacrificing quality playback for that convenience (sore subject).

Thanks for the chance to win

Last edited by a moderator:
R

randymoe

Enthusiast
I have an older MP3 player, but it meets my needs, Nomad II MG, w/ smartmedia card.
Do you have a music server (home component) that digitally stores music and if not, is that a component you'll be purchasing in the future?
Not now, but looking at, yes.
What are your thoughts about hard drive based music storage systems such as portable MP3 players, IPODs and music servers/ home theater PC's?
Much to learn on all of these items.

H

HBW

Audiophyte
contest

1. Yes

2. Not yet, but would consider in future

3. I like the convenience, but am concerned re quality of playback.

D

d7dot

Audiophyte

Not at this time, possibly in the future -

Future purchase, but no specific componant in mind.

Probably a good use of the MegaDrives that are being instaleld in most PC's nowadays..

kia303

kia303

Junior Audioholic
1. NO
2. Maybe
3. I bought the iPOD for my 11 yr old daughter but I have been using it on trips and for skiing, works well for what I am using it for.

T

tanglin

Enthusiast
Tom Andry said:
The Impact Acousticsteam wants to spice up your music collection. To that end, two (2) random winners will be selected from folks discussing the topic described below to receive a $50 gift certificate for iTunes.

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA Residence 3) Answer the following questions in this contest thread.

Contest Questions:
Note this contest ends on February 28th, 2006. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter

Have fun and good luck!
1: No.
2: Yes. I have a computer with my complete CD collection digitised.
3: Portability is the key - useful if you need to move. But not as a main part of an entertainment system.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

fireshoes

Enthusiast
1. No, I don't have a portable yet, but I'm thinking about getting one. ;)
2. Yes, I have a Yamaha CDR-HD1300 with about 135 cd's on it.
3. The main concern is striking a balance between convenience and quality. Who cares how many songs are at your fingertips if it sounds like crap?

A

auge.dog

Junior Audioholic
1. Do you use your IPOD or MP3 in your main audio video system? No, I do not have one, but I plan on changing that answer soon.

2. Do you have a music server (home component) that digitally stores music and if not, is that a component you'll be purchasing in the future? NO, again, I hope my answer to this question changes soon.

3. What are your thoughts about hard drive based music storage systems such as portable MP3 players, IPODs and music servers/ home theater PC's? They are a great way to accunulate music at an affordable price. They are also very practical from a size standpoint.

K

korgoth

Full Audioholic
yes yes, and very awesome

i have an archos 100 gig, portable mp3/video player.

use it daily in my system for video, and audio

hard drive players are the coolest thing around.

L

lonkelley

Audiophyte
1. I do use MP3s, I don't have any portable players, though.
2. I have a networked shared hard drive (2 120 GB disks, mirrored) that I used for both digital picture backup and audio serving to the home network.
3. I'm real big on the music server and home theater PCs. I need to just go and buy the Media Center edition of Windows, so I can run my TV stuff through it.

S

SKINNER

Junior Audioholic
No, I used to when I was in college. However, I was also rocking to a set of ole' JBL 15" towers. Anymore, the sound quality of compressed music isn't up to snuff for me.

Yes, I have over 11gigs stored to a seperate hard drive. However, I never play it over my main components. If anything I stream it wireless to the garage or download it to my MP3 player for working out.

Personally, I think they're great if you aren't looking for high fidelity. You know, working out, riding mountain bikes, tooling in the garage, etc. However, if I'm looking to sit down and relax it doesn't fly for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis