Enter to Win: Headphones from The Speaker Company

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GACrabill

Junior Audioholic
"Over Ear Enclosed" has always seemed to have much better sound (probably due to isolation) than other types.

nova

nova

Full Audioholic
Over the ear, enclosed. More comfortable for me a quiet for those around me.

S

skers_54

Full Audioholic
I've really only used in ear headphones. They work well while lifting and running, which is about the only time I use headphones. I would probably like a pair of over the ear enclosed if I used them at home.

L

lakedmb

Audiophyte
Contest Question: What type of headphone do you prefer and why?
In Ear
In Ear Noise Cancelling
Over Ear Open
Over Ear Enclosed
Over Ear Noise Cancelling
Studio Monitor (over ear)

If I am traveling, then I prefer In-Ear headphones since they block out all of the sound outside. I think this is more isolated than noise canceling.

If I am going to listen at the house I prefer over-ear open style of headphones. Much more comfortable to wear over prolonged periods of time.

rstock2@hotmail

Audiophyte

To be really honest (and why not?!), I don't really know.
My situation is that I've returned to songwriting and find myself now listening to draft versions of tunes as the producer completes each phase...emailed to me as an MP3 file. As I have pretty cheap/lousy computer speakers (and don't want to turn them up at night anyway so my wife isn't disturbed -- any more than now :) ) I need a good pair of headphones to hear nuances, clarity, etc. and can't afford anything until my first "hit". :cool:
I do know that ear buds never fit me. Don't know if I'd need the noise-canceling aspect...except I could take them with me on airplane trips to ease with naps.
So, if I win, I'll leave it up to you, the pro. :)

Any input would also be appreciated.
Have a safe day everyone.
Richard

J

jerico

Audiophyte
Over the ear when not on the move (at work, in bed, on a plane etc) otherwise in-ear, especially since they're easy to pack into a pocket!

alexsabree

alexsabree

Junior Audioholic
* In Ear
* In Ear Noise Cancelling
* Over Ear Open
* Over Ear Enclosed
* Over Ear Noise Cancelling
* Studio Monitor (over ear)

I prefer Over Ear Open when I'm listening to music at home. And In-Ear when listening to my MP3 Player.

The main reason why I prefer Over Ear Enclosed is because its the most comfortable and seems to give the best bass response.

Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
I prefer in-ear isolation (i.e. nothing active), but my next purchase will be over the ear enclosed for gaming at my desktop.

H

Harrison476

Junior Audioholic
In Ear
In Ear Noise Cancelling
Over Ear Open
Over Ear Enclosed
Over Ear Noise Cancelling
Studio Monitor (over ear)

All of the above have thier advantages but Id say when listening to music on my HT set-up I would choose "Over the Ear Noise Cancelling". Thanks for the opportunity to win !

N

nunh

Audiophyte
Over Ear Enclosed - I love the detail, exclusion of outside noise and especially the bass response.

oldgoalie33

oldgoalie33

Junior Audioholic
Over ear open..still love my Grado SR-60's after 15+ years. I have had to replace the foam on them though.

L

lvhjr

Audiophyte

Over the ear noise cancellation, for comfort and interference free listening.

S

soulrider4ever

Enthusiast
Over Ear Enclosed - a very enjoyable listening experience for me, I enjoy the better bass response and it keeps my wife happy!

R

rolyasm

Full Audioholic
In a plane or in a car I like over ear noise-cancelling by far
In the gym or on a bike, it is the in-ear that I most like

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis