Enter to Win: HDMI Cable from Impact Acoustics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AUtiger

AUtiger

Junior Audioholic
Hdmi

1) Are you currently using HDMI? Yes

2) What devices you have use HDMI? Do they work well together? Toshiba Sd-6980 into Sony Kdf-e42a10. No problems

3) If you are not currently using it, are you planning to upgrade? Why or why not? Yes, purchasing Denon 4306 in the near future.

4) What do you think is the most exciting feature of HDMI 1.3? Playing all HD formats

R

riceaterslc

Audioholic
1) Are you currently using HDMI?
No

2) What devices you have use HDMI? Do they work well together?
N/A

3) If you are not currently using it, are you planning to upgrade? Why or why not?
Yes

4) What do you think is the most exciting feature of HDMI 1.3?[/I]
TrueHD (lossless) sound

R

redcaps

Audiophyte
Hdmi

Yes.

Two 25 ft HDMI cables from my entertainement table (Sony HDMI upconverter DVD player and DISH HiDef receiver) to the wall mounted 50" Panasonic plasma TV.

3) If you are not currently using it, are you planning to upgrade? Why or why not?
N/A

4) What do you think is the most exciting feature of HDMI 1.3?
I do not know.

S

squire.10@osu.e

Audioholic Intern
--Yes

--HD DVR (Scientific Atlanta 8300HD) and my TV (Sony KDS-50A2000). They seem to work fine together.

--Would like to upgrade to a receiver or processor that has HDMI switching capability, and I would also like to upgrade to a universal DVD player with HDMI output for convenience (one cable for video, digital audio and multichannel analog audio formats such as SACD or DVD-A).

4) What do you think is the most exciting feature of HDMI 1.3?
--Uncompressed audio and the so-called "deep color." I fear that HDMI 1.3 enabled products will be prohibitively expensive for quite some time. Frankly, even though I use it, I think that HDMI is generally a band-aid technology that has too many faults to make it truly worthwhile. HDMI is becoming very widespread, which is why I use it. I think the technology should have stayed on the backburner until 1.3 was developed and could be implemented in a more consumer-friendly fashion.

B

BobBart

Audioholic
1. No
2. Don't have any device that have it.
3. Plan on upgrading tv and dvd player to use it.
4.Looking forward to the uncompressed audio.

D

dennisdxl32

Enthusiast
1) Not yet
2) Just the Oppo 970 DVD player currently. However, I'm not using the HDMI output because I don't have an HDMI display or recevier yet.
3) Once my home is complete, the media room will have equipment with HDMI. It'll simplify the connectivity among all the gear.
4) The ability to let the receiver or pre/pro decode the HD audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis