Enter to Win: HDMI Cable from Impact Acoustics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Impact Acoustics wants you to win!

Impact Acoustics is giving away a SonicWave HDMI Interconnect (1m, 2m or 3m) to three (3) eligible forum members. This prize is valued at up to $99.99!

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA Residence 3) Answer the following questions in this contest thread.

Contest Questions:
1) Are you currently using HDMI?
2) What devices you have use HDMI? Do they work well together?
3) If you are not currently using it, are you planning to upgrade? Why or why not?
4) What do you think is the most exciting feature of HDMI 1.3?

Note this contest ends on February 28th, 2007. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jhanley

Junior Audioholic
Not yet.

N/A

3) If you are not currently using it, are you planning to upgrade? Why or why not?
I will be using HDMI as soon as I upgrade my TV.

The support of all the new sound formats.

F

f0am

Audioholic
Nope, I am running 30 feet of component video.
Cable box, DVI out. Denon DVD Player, and Sony 55 inch LCD TV (has 2 inputs).
I am planning on upgrading, currently I am content with my setup.
The .1 added to 1.2 making 1.3. .01 isn't as exciting.

Haoleb

Haoleb

Audioholic Field Marshall
1. Yes, Through a DVI-HDMI converter, as my Cable box only has DVI.

2. Scientific Atlanta 3250HD into a Toshiba 50" Plasma, For the most part there is no problem.

3. N/A

4. Dont care Since I dont have anything that can use it and wont be buying anything soon.

P

project86

Audioholic
1) No because I have an old crappy CRT still.

2) N/A

3) Yes I will be getting a new Plasma or LCD in the near future, as well as a new DVD player and upgraded Dish HD box. Both items will connect to the TV via HDMI.

4) Supposedly some better sound, although I'm not sure I will be able to make use of that with my meager system.

jcsprankle

jcsprankle

Audioholic
No

I just purchased a Mitsubishi WD-52631 52" DLP 1080P display and it has two HDMI inputs. I upgraded my cable to HD and the HD-DVR has a HDMI output. I believe those will work well together. Finally, I plan on getting an Oppo DVD player and that will have an HDMI output.

Absolutely. I want to best possible picture and digital sound. Just waiting to acquire some HDMI cables :D

If I'm not mistaken about the features of each version, I think it's the ability to transport multichannel (like SACD) over HDMI. That will ease connectivity for all types of DVD/multichannel devices.

Last edited:
A

alphamajor

Audioholic Intern
1) I am not currently using HDMI.
2) Currently I have none.
3) I am planning on upgrading to a flat panel TV in a few months which will have HDMI. I will try HDMI and see how it compares with component and then decide which one to stick with.
4) I'm looking forward to the new Dolby TrueHD.

Guiria

Guiria

Senior Audioholic
1. No

2. I have HDMI on a 30" HD CRT TV...have yet to use it.

3. All future components I purchase will have HDMI. Yes I plan to upgrade, having a single all digital connection for both A/V is just plain cool.

4. I'm a fan of macro programming on remote controls and to have a cable that will power on devices so all the inputs, devices, etc are on and ready to rock has got to be one of the cables coolest features. How does a cable even do that, dang some people are smart (or I'm just a noob).

B

Blue Dude

Audioholic
Contest Questions:
1. No
2. None yet
3. Yes, to carry digital video cross-room without degradation and to interconnect DVD-A and other audio formats
4. Future proofing. HDMI 1.1 is enough for the applications I need now.

T

tiggers

Enthusiast
No

None

Yes, I will upgrade. Getting new equipment soon

Improved video features

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
1) Yes.
2) PS3
3) n/a
4) Lossless audio / new home audio formats (dts-HD, Dolby TrueHD, etc...)

apatel25314

apatel25314

Audioholic
yes
an upconverting dvd player and a ps3
the supported audio formats

U

u2generator

Junior Audioholic
No.

N/A

Yes, I am looking at upgrading my TV, reciever, speakers, et all.

The option to use your cables. Sorry, I really don't know, but I am excited about planned upgrades.

H

HiRez1394

Junior Audioholic
HDMI Survey

Contest Questions:
1) Are you currently using HDMI? Response: No, not yet. :(
2) What devices you have use HDMI? Do they work well together? Response: Only my DVD player currently has an HDMI output (version 1.1), which can't be used yet because I have nothing to connect it to at this time, such as an HDMI-compatible HDTV or home theater receiver/processor.
3) If you are not currently using it, are you planning to upgrade? Why or why not? Response: Yes, I plan to upgrade my TV and/or home theater receiver, both of which must include one or more HDMI inputs.
4) What do you think is the most exciting feature of HDMI 1.3? Response: HDMI 1.3 will have the necessary bandwidth capacity to pass the latest hi-def, lossless codecs from Dolby Digital and DTS and a greater color range for more accurate hi-def video signals.

blownrx7

blownrx7

Audioholic
Contest Questions:
YES

Projector and dvd prepro; plasma/dvd and rcvr

n/a

Huh?

D

dlrepp

Enthusiast
1. Not yet

2. My dish HD receiver

3. I have a 2-1 HDMI splitter so pretty soon, probably when I get a HDDVD. but my current tv only has DVI. There is a chance I will be getting an LCD flat panel in the near future(my wife's idea-bless her heart). If that happens, I can complete the system with confidence something is permanent.

4. I hadn't heard anything about the new cable to tell you the truth.

porziob

Audioholic Intern
Impact HDMI

Tom Andry said:
Impact Acoustics wants you to win!

Impact Acoustics is giving away a SonicWave HDMI Interconnect (1m, 2m or 3m) to three (3) eligible forum members. This prize is valued at up to $99.99!

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA Residence 3) Answer the following questions in this contest thread.

Contest Questions:

Note this contest ends on February 28th, 2007. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!
1) No
2) None @ present
3) I`ll need HDMI when I opt for Blu Ray in 11/2 yrs.
4) Improved compatibility

A

acacia987

Junior Audioholic
no i am not using hdmi.my dvd player is the only device that uses HDMI. i will get HDMI when i have a reciever/HD-dvd player/1080p tv, so not for a while. component will be fine for me. i really like the new audio options that are comming with the HDMI 1.3.

S

sandtrap

Junior Audioholic

No

I have none

Yes I do plan to upgrade to a LCD TV in the master bedroom. It will have HDMI. I want the LCD to do double duty as my computer monitor, but at this time that is not well supported over the HDMI connection.

The Deep color support

W

WeAreSurrounded

Audioholic
Tom Andry 1) Are you currently using HDMI? [B said:
Yes[/B]

3 HDMI connections:
SA 8300HD --> Denon 4306 (finally works, after firmware upgrade for STB from COX, N.Virginia !) :)
Denon 3910 --> Denon 4306 (works flawlessly) :D
Denon 4306 --> Pioneer PDP 4304 plasma (works fine)

I am planning to add one more HDMI input for 4306, probably some kind of HDDVD player

Passing SACD (which my HDMI 1.1 does not have), passing HD audio formats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis