Enter to Win: HardBody 160 CD case from Slappa

Status
Not open for further replies.
jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Speaker Preferences

Here is my opinion on this very subjective question:
For mid level HT, Axiom Audio. This will be my next upgrade.
For high end HT or inwalls, RBH.

I think both companies provide excelent performance in their respective price ranges.

JoeE SP9

JoeE SP9

Senior Audioholic
I guess the answer is; the speaker system you like, can afford and can shoehorn in to your listening room.

suzystars9

suzystars9

Audiophyte
I think Bose makes the best sounding speakers that I have heard but they are a bit out of my price range. I personally have JBL speakers and they are also great but they really don't come close to the sound that the Bose speakers produce.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
B

BethElder

Audiophyte
I like JBLs and Bose

Jbls you can find at a better price. Bose are nice though.
:)

S

stiletto pat

Audioholic
Favorite Speaker Choice

As has been pointed out previously in many posts, this is a very subjective question that is subject to many factors, including budget, space, looks, timing, etc... In the old days, I first liked JBL. Then found a new favorite in ADS. Next, I found I liked B&W. Recently, I really liked the Sonus Fabers, but for the money, I think I found very similar performance in the Paradigm Studio Reference Series. Of course, now that I've heard their Signature Series, I'd be inclined to lean that way.

So, the short answer would be the Paradigm Signature Series.

Subs would include HSU, Paradigm and Velodyne.

Pat:cool:

kia303

kia303

Junior Audioholic
Best sounding speakers in my HT are the speakers that I bought, Onix Rockets!

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Klipsch Reference for Home Theater IMO. It's hard to beat the total package.

M

MrPorterhouse

Audioholic Intern
Contest Question: Who do you think makes the best speakers for home theater systems?

I think the BEST speakers are made by Paradigm. The quality of construction is excellent, they offer a nice selection of speaker lines to cover all budgets, they use budding technology to remain an industry leader, and most importantly, Paradigm speakers always are among the best in sound quality when compared to other brands of similar price.

S

sheerluck

Audiophyte
Best speakers?

My first speaker experience was the pair of Infinity speakers that my father had purchased in the U.K....outstanding!
When I came of age, I went shopping and purchased a Bose cube set-up....great sound, low visual profile, extravagant price.
I just sold my Bose surround speakers and am looking for replacements...as a result, I'll be watching the comments in this thread like a hawk!

GMann

GMann

Audiophyte
I found M&K speakers to perform most naturally and accurately. Not to mention, Skywalker Sound, Dolby Laboratories, Digital Theater Systems (DTS), FCC ATSC (HDTV) Committee, Paramount Studios, Sony Pictures, THX Division Lucasfilm, Universal Studios, Walt Disney, Warner Brothers, the list goes on. However, the Definitive Technology Mythos series is also a very impressive.

D

dustytymes

Audiophyte
Sounding Off

I heard that BOSE has excellent sound (But the PRICE keeps me from getting any). There MUST be similarly quality speakers on the market at a decent price.

R

Rutlanda

Junior Audioholic
Answer

Having not heard them all...I can only comment on those I am familiar with. The system that has impressed me the most was all Paradigm Signature series with Mac gear. The room was very well designed aesthetically and acoustically, and I am sure this added to the experience. The dynamics and quickness of the system grabbed me and didn't let go. Dual Servo 15s provided a HT foundation to die for.

Thanks for the opportunity.

runninkyle17

runninkyle17

Audioholic
The best speakers I have heard are Meridians (yeah, the $40,000 speakers). I was actually very impressed with the speakers and then I was told how much they cost and I almost wet my pants (but they sure are nice). I have heard other brands such as JBL, Infinity, Bose, Paradigm, Athena, Axiom, BIC, Fluance, Klipsch, Acoustic Research, and KEF. The Meridians are by far the best that I have heard though.

M

myzzy

Audiophyte
Contest Question: Who do you think makes the best speakers for home theater systems

Pioneer hands down! Cost effective and reliable what more could you need or want

L

lbjazz

Audioholic Intern
Of course such a question depends on your interpetation of "best." I haven't listened to as many speakers as many of the posters here have but I'd have to say my choice is B&W. To me, their speakers (800 series specifically) seem to be the most neutral speakers I've ever heard without losing detail.

F

flobid

Audiophyte
unforanuntly I don't have much experience with speakers. I received a pair of Bose speakers as a gift a few years ago and the sound is fantastic.

B

Bobby2x

Junior Audioholic
Cerwin Vega~

I can honestly say they are the best I've heard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis